Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans new project: Overlook Madman

I think you may have missed out 2 or 3 steps mate. Please refer to your step 4 for more details ;)

Good news for all those who wanted this. Always fun to see a Rainman thread go through its stages.

1 Announcement

2 Reference Pics

3 WIP

4 Arguments, Fighting, Bickering, name-calling, slandering

5. 2nd WIP

6. See number 4

7. Order date announced

8. See number 4

9. Waiting, thread goes dead.

10. Ship date announced

11. People stressing over packages, tracking, customs.

12. Euphoria

13. Pictures

I think you may have missed out 2 or 3 steps mate. Please refer to your step 4 for more details ;)

Well yeah I was trying to keep 4 to a minimum. Its really through the entire process, but mostly in those places I put them in :lol

Rainman will knock this one out the park.

Wow how long do these usually take to produce! And how send when will we know as this will be my first rainman figure.
Must have real hair though and not sculpted.

BRING ON JOHNNY BOY! Dead old lady DX anyone? :lol

He's likely already under way, ordering will be end of Feb or beginning of March if I had to guess. Real hair would be awesome I'd be in for that but I dunno if it'll happen.

Wow how long do these usually take to produce! And how send when will we know as this will be my first rainman figure.
Must have real hair though and not sculpted.

Sorry I think real hair should be mandatory on a sculpt like this unless he offer two versions.
As that is what let's the brother production sculpt down , you could amazingly paint it but with the sculpted slick hair looks poor.
I would like it exact to the pic on page one.
Would also double up as a one flew over the cuckoos nest head.

He's likely already under way, ordering will be end of Feb or beginning of March if I had to guess. Real hair would be awesome I'd be in for that but I dunno if it'll happen.

Splendid , and how does it work? A deposit first of payment in full when you order?

Payment in full within 5 days or ordering or is it 7 days I dunno I just pay up at time of ordering tbh. Just so you know my date estimates are just that I have no inside knowledge etc lol

Splendid , and how does it work? A deposit first of payment in full when you order?

Rainman used to allow 7 days, but he moved it up to 3 for some recent releases after concerns over folks locking in the pre-order spots but not paying.

"Real" hair is an ordeal to do well. Rainman did it with Wonka, but I don't think that turned out so well. Same with Marla. I think they were both wigs. For Jack to work, it would have to be applied to the head and styled just right if it wasn't to look like a Barbie doll, and I can't see RM putting that kind of effort out. Rainman does sculpted hair extremely well. The Brothers Production figure was a'aight, but the sculpt was a bit "soft" and the paint apps weren't very good. Comparing a Bros. Production bootleg to Rainman is like night and day, so I wouldn't base expectations for a Rainman piece on that previous figure.

A separate hair piece would be nice. For folks that maybe wanna commission an artist to apply real hair? :dunno

Might be a huge mistake considering I am trying to desist from buying anymore RM releases, but I am going to watch this tonight :)

It's a great film. Oddly, it's one of Stephen King's least favorite adaptations of his work (and some of those were stinkers), but I think it is because this was a personal story to him, and he just didn't want anyone--even Stanley Kubrick--taking those kinds of liberties. The book and film are both great in their own ways.

If someone were commissioning another artist to do "real" hair, the commissioned artist most likely has the skills available to dremel the sculpted hair off. Heck, I could do that and I'm no custom artist.

That's really the only thing that was worthy on that poll if you ask me! Gonna be a good one. Can't wait to put it next to Alex.

Back