Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rainman cherry is popped.

4u6yra3a.jpg

I see a more vince john travolta in the headplay head with modded hairs like the custom of seb than this... I don't know maybe is the mouth shape....:monkey3
better for you if you lke it..

Just got this in hand - apart from the delay in customs, and the fact that the miscalculated the tax part, resulting that I need to pay additional $17.5 buck and $2.50 extortion from the local PO clerk, I opened it up to inspect it briefly.

My honest opinion - so far this doesnt really blew me away like previous rainman stuffs I got. As I opened it up, the secret item really made me cringe a bit when I hold and inspect it further. The gun feels kinda light and not too many details either, the old metal gun I got from narrator set feels and looks better.

The tie feels cheap, and it shoulda been a real tie instead of fake tie with a trap on.

The airbrushing on the sideburns are a tad out of the line that they are supposed to, and I'm not too sure but theres no vents on the back or side of the suit (not sure if this is accurate though). And the no socks thingy is a minor nit pick, but I'm pretty bumped that it wasnt included since this is a pretty expensive high end figure.

Will add my detailed thoughts and reviews later, as Im at my parent's place atm.

Very interesting Hydeous, I'm glad you picked up on the rushed paint work. Can you show us a comparison pic of the Narrator gun and the Vince gun. I'm also in agreement that the value of these full figure offerings is not really reflecting the prices we're paying for them. I'm starting to question this these days.

Just noticed the paint application on one of my sideburns is sadly lacking. One side is jet black and solid, the other is not so jet black and not so solid :monkey2

It is a shame the ball is being dropped on production :monkey1

Seriously? You think that is better than this?

Come back when you have a sensible argument TROLL!!!
in this pic is a way better...but in my opinion the headplay head with the hairs modded is not that bad..he can fight with this on par...
don't look the paint on video but the headsculpt..

in this pic is better...but in my opinion the headplay head with the hairs modded is not that bad..he can fight with this on par...

Stop talking rubbish! It is not a patch on this! No wonder nobody can take you seriously when you make stupid statements like this!!!!

Stop talking rubbish! It is not a patch on this! No wonder nobody can take you seriously when you make stupid statements like this!!!!

is not rubbish is my opinion and you have to let me express free..because you are not nobody for ask me to stay in silence...
bring respect fella...and stay quite..
if you want to throw away your money is your choice but let the others free to express their opinions..

Last edited:
maybe are the pics with wrong light condition.., but I am pretty serious...

look by yourself..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nt_CpvdhZg

Please please just go away :slap I want some of what your smoking if you think that monstrosity of a sculpt from HP comes anywhere close to this!

Well said :goodpost:

is not rubbish is my opinion and you have to let me express free..because you are not nobody for ask me to stay in silence...
bring respect fella...and stay quite..
if you want to throw away your money is your choice but let the others free to express

No......no it is rubbish :)

Looking good Ike-con. Definitely thought about going the budget version of Vince as well.

Will be doing Jules in that version as well.

I also think for Jules, that I can make the case with an led in it.

And unlike some others on here, the paint app on my Vince isn't lacking
at all. I checked it under bright lights and magnification and only found
one sculpted hair that was blended into the forehead, so at the very
end of it it was skin color. But it's so small, it would be hard to
see without magnification.

stop to look at the mirror

Don't need to mate I may not always be right and I may not always be everyone's favourite boardie but I know for a fact my opinion is more valued around these parts than yours lol

All you do on this forum is go into other peoples threads and try to talk down there work with examples from your collection which 99.9% of the time are thrown together for $100 bucks and are pretty much just sightly modified brothers production figs.

Then there the time's you continually attack artists like Rainman and more often than any other Kato over there pricing. We get it mate you think all these things are over priced and customs should cost the same as HT figs. You think a repainted mass produced head play sculpt is better than a hand sculpted custom sculpt. Each to there own but for the love of god please stop forcing your negative opinions on others here on the forum. Every post is 'that's too expensive' or 'mine is better and only cost X' give us peace.....

EDIT: You've added me to your ignore list :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:........:yess: score

Very interesting Hydeous, I'm glad you picked up on the rushed paint work. Can you show us a comparison pic of the Narrator gun and the Vince gun. I'm also in agreement that the value of these full figure offerings is not really reflecting the prices we're paying for them. I'm starting to question this these days.

Yeah, and the eye lashes arent that neatly done as the previous rainman full set figures. There are some uneven spacing in between some of them, while most of my previous ones always have somewhat even spacing in between eyelash. Thats kinda minor nitpick though.

Had this been a $650 set, it would be easier to swallow as the secret item isnt really that special. Just like the dude's mirror. I much prefer secret items such as the oakley mars from tyler v2, anton's remote, as long as its something that he sculpted and made. Instead of printed paper or some stickers on a mirror.

This got me thinking - as rainman's popularity grows even more, he'll have more fans and more VIPs. That soon a set of 35 fullsets arent gonna be enough. If he chooses to increase the fullsets, i have no doubt that the quality of rushed sculpt and paint job is gonna take a hit.

Back