Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People put yourselves in Wake's shoes. He was lucky to buy a Vince and now he is hoping he doesn't miss out on Jules. Nothing wrong with that.

Lets stop making all these moral codes that in the end many of you will break if you have the chance to break them.

Wake is asking for a hook up and I wish him well since he already owns a FS Vince

I don't think what there telling him is so wrong. If he scores it on his own account, he gets the credit. The quicker he hits the mark on his own the quicker he'll be a VIP

I don't think what there telling him is so wrong. If he scores it on his own account, he gets the credit. The quicker he hits the mark on his own the quicker he'll be a VIP

Normally I'd agree with you... but because this particular release is practically a TWO FIGURE set (Vincent and Jules needed one another) my desire to have both supersedes any desire to be a VIP.

Still does not warrant spamming in threads that have no relevance.

How does it have NO relevence? Rainman threads are frequented by Rainman VIPs... therefore any thread devoted to a Rainman figure is EXTREMELY relevant. In fact, I've made the argument that those VIPs IN THE PULP THREADS are less likely to NOT want the figure, it's even MORE relevant to post in non-pulp-fiction rainman threads.

If you don't see that, well... i can't explain it any other way.

I of course see the relevance in that rainman VIPs, myself included, visit rainman threads but it still does not warrant across the board spamming to try and attain a figure that the thread is not about.

Don't see other people doing it. In fact, it actually had a negative result on me in so far as I wouldn't offer you a slot above others. Not in a petty way but just being honest.

I of course see the relevance in that rainman VIPs, myself included, visit rainman threads but it still does not warrant across the board spamming to try and attain a figure that the thread is not about.

Don't see other people doing it. In fact, it actually had a negative result on me in so far as I wouldn't offer you a slot above others. Not in a petty way but just being honest.

330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater-gif.gif

:monkey3

I think it may be just individual QC that makes them different. You could try ironing the collars.

It's not so much shaping the collar to my liking, because I can do that
pretty easy. But, I can see the black of the tie right through the collar.

So I will try to mod the collar or replace the shirt with a slightly thicker one
if I can. That's the main thing that bugs me about the Enterbay shirt.

People put yourselves in Wake's shoes. He was lucky to buy a Vince and now he is hoping he doesn't miss out on Jules. Nothing wrong with that.

Lets stop making all these moral codes that in the end many of you will break if you have the chance to break them.

Wake is asking for a hook up and I wish him well since he already owns a FS Vince

Haha...not sure about others but I'm not referring to any moral codes. I'm just saying there are a lot of non-VIPs that want full sets and there are clearly not enough full sets. Hence, if you want it you camp the computer I guess. If that's not enough, you upgrade your internet connection to $200 / month and get a new computer for processing speed lol (I'm kidding of course)...either way, no hate on Wake or anyone. I just think as it is, its competitive enough, if a few VIPs have no interest and are passing, that means more non-VIPs have a shot, and overall its more interesting for everyone else. If VIPs start giving certain non-VIPs advantages, then that potentially starts makes things more complicated. I am exaggerating of course but to illustrate my point, what's to stop VIPs from auctioning their slots to highest bidders...oh wait...nevermind, VIPs with no interest in the figure should just buy it regardless and sell it for easy money later on. LOL love this hobby. I am joking by the way.

Last edited:
I don't think Wake is hurting anyone by putting posts up in a handful of threads. And I'm personally happy to help him out. . .in exchange for that swell Madmen office diorama, of course :D

Personnely if wake gets a VIP to buy his FS it is what it is, I have a FS Vincet and really really want a FS Jules, I got my FS Vincent by being on time and clicking fast so ill try the same with Jules, but after dealing with that stressful couple minutes I can see people getting frustrated with his method.

Just got this in hand - apart from the delay in customs, and the fact that the miscalculated the tax part, resulting that I need to pay additional $17.5 buck and $2.50 extortion from the local PO clerk, I opened it up to inspect it briefly.

My honest opinion - so far this doesnt really blew me away like previous rainman stuffs I got. As I opened it up, the secret item really made me cringe a bit when I hold and inspect it further. The gun feels kinda light and not too many details either, the old metal gun I got from narrator set feels and looks better.

The tie feels cheap, and it shoulda been a real tie instead of fake tie with a trap on.

The airbrushing on the sideburns are a tad out of the line that they are supposed to, and I'm not too sure but theres no vents on the back or side of the suit (not sure if this is accurate though). And the no socks thingy is a minor nit pick, but I'm pretty bumped that it wasnt included since this is a pretty expensive high end figure.

Will add my detailed thoughts and reviews later, as Im at my parent's place atm.

Thanks. :wave

Im really having second thoughts bout this figure, I kinda feel this isnt good as a stand alone piece and feels like its missing something. Maybe it'll look better when Jules is next to it. I think mine will stay in the box until I got Jules in hand - which wont be another 2 months :panic:

Ah i see. Its to help sell the illusion of slimmer physique. I guess Travolta has packed a few pounds since his saturday night fever days. Though im not sure why Jules would need it.

I guess to match as this is technically their work uniforms :dunno. Even though they are wearing two different brands. I always found it an interesting choice because I don't really remember a time that ventless suits were popular. If it was at some point, that got past me

But then again I was 18-19 when this came out and wasn't paying much mind to suit fashion at that time. I have a great pic of me in full rave gear (that's where my head was at in '94 :lol) hanging out in front of a neighborhood theater with the PF "now showing" movie poster in the background.

Back