Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeeeeees you have right and... I am not only italian I am tuscany from florence ;), do you know Roberto Benigni? the bad words are a religion for us ahahahahahahah..but without offend to anyone..
you have understood anything of the meaning of life... naples (where you live) is clear example what I mean for..:clap:hi5:

:1-1:

The "I am from a country where people are blunt but don't mean to offend anyone" card! :yess: Anyways...I'm sure most people get cultural differences but one can't simply assume everyone is aware of your specific background. If your out of your region, or dealing with people from other said cultural backgrounds, then you also need to realize that what is acceptable for you probably isn't acceptable for some others. You've seen (apparently in other threads apparently), how people react to your comments, so maybe its about time to at least feign assimilation?

P.S. I don't buy it.

yeeeeees you have right and... I am not only italian I am tuscany from florence ;), do you know Roberto Benigni? the bad words are a religion for us ahahahahahahah..but without offend to anyone..
you have understood anything of the meaning of life... naples (where you live) is clear example what I mean for..:clap:hi5:

:1-1:

Gotta have a thick skull here in Naples. A normal conversation here sounds like someone just kicked the other's dog :horror.

Come to find out they are only talking about something as little as the color of the napkins to use for dinner :rotfl

I give Shadow a pass. If you don't like what he is saying just tell him ******* and move on. Aint that right Shadow? :1-1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, the forum is free. You can say anything you want within the rules. Hell, most mods let people stretch the rules a bit. People, including myself, have gotten out of line without getting banned or even getting an infraction. For the most part we're all adults here.

Opinions are opinions but I just don't get your endless crusade. All you want to do is bash pricey offerings. You do it constantly! And I'm not going to give you the language barrier pass because I'm sure your approach is no different in Italian.

I'm all for everyone voicing their opinions, but a little tact is an order in certain situations. It's just polite to be more diplomatic in threads where the artists are active members who read this stuff! It's like this anywhere in life bro so don't start with the forum isn't free. You can't just walk down the block shouting everything that's on your mind in a blunt and uncouth manner so what makes you think this place is any different?

I just want to know what the goal to your opinion (relentless crusade) is? You think that customs should be priced like official releases; THEY CAN’T BE. These small operations don’t have the means of mass production to keep the costs down. And I hate to break it to you but Kato, Rainman and Lupita’s clothes BLOW OUT anything that HT, EB or lesser companies mass produce. I’m not talking about things like the Avengers figs or Batman armors; you need to be a big mass producing toy company to make those type of outfits. I’m talking about things like ALL of the Joker outfits (including DX08), Scarecrow, Dent and everything in that realm. Much of that stuff can’t hold a candle to the handmade work of the best tailors on this board.

I just don’t get the guys like you who feel the need to pop in and share your “opinion” on how we’re throwing away our $$$. How bout we make a thread for “the $99 or less subpar customs”. You and all the other opinionated pecker heads can go and congregate there. You can share pics of your crappy looking customs and boost about how little it cost to build it up…. And I’ll periodically pop in and say “OMG that looks like s__t!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl You couldn't pay ME to put that on my shelf!!!! :lol Why don’t you broke jokes save some money and put it towards a real figure!!!! …….

What kind of troll a$$hole that make me, right? But I’d only be sharing my opinion :monkey3

Great post Pop. :hi5:

I hate the "it's a language/culture barrier" excuse for trolling or rude behavior because I've seen those same rude jerks understand how to be civil or polite all of a sudden when they want something in other threads (i.e. when they want some custom work). It's funny and annoying at the same time.

The "I am from a country where people are blunt but don't mean to offend anyone" card! :yess: Anyways...I'm sure most people get cultural differences but one can't simply assume everyone is aware of your specific background. If your out of your region, or dealing with people from other said cultural backgrounds, then you also need to realize that what is acceptable for you probably isn't acceptable for some others. You've seen (apparently in other threads apparently), how people react to your comments, so maybe its about time to at least feign assimilation?

P.S. I don't buy it.
ok if you take my post like an offence is up to you...othewise vaffan...
:peace:peace

Goin out on a limb here guys, respectfully... I think shadowfla is right about Headplay/xenoviper's Vince beating out Rainmans... Of course I was pumped to buy Rainman pulp fiction but I don't think I was ever as excited as I should be because I wasn't all too impressed with the outcome. That being said I'm still anxiously anticipating it.

Great post Pop. :hi5:

I hate the "it's a language/culture barrier" excuse for trolling or rude behavior because I've seen those same rude jerks understand how to be civil or polite all of a sudden when they want something in other threads (i.e. when they want some custom work). It's funny and annoying at the same time.

Now to play devils advocate on the other hand, i totally agree with tbay here and what Pop said in the post he quoted... Very well said.

Those who criticize customs cost drives me insane. Insane. We are the ones who should be criticized for spending so much on dolls maybe but the truth is the craft in these things,mane time and cost of materials... Break it down hourly, the artist probably gets more working at McDonald's.

Goin out on a limb here guys, respectfully... I think shadowfla is right about Headplay/xenoviper's Vince beating out Rainmans... Of course I was pumped to buy Rainman pulp fiction but I don't think I was ever as excited as I should be because I wasn't all too impressed with the outcome. That being said I'm still anxiously anticipating it.

:horror gosh you right he was xenopviper not elvis :slap:slap

:thud::thud: sorry my mistake..xeno...

:hi5: thanks Ray... I thought speaking about a rainman head, this vince could be an amazing work of art..but at the contrary is on fight with the headplay with the mods of xeno...

Now to play devils advocate on the other hand, i totally agree with tbay here and what Pop said in the post he quoted... Very well said.

Those who criticize customs cost drives me insane. Insane. We are the ones who should be criticized for spending so much on dolls maybe but the truth is the craft in these things,mane time and cost of materials... Break it down hourly, the artist probably gets more working at McDonald's.
yes you right a custom figure has an high costs of production, but we are speaking about $1000 for a single figure...
and in this case with black jacket and pants and white shirt..:dunno
is this possible...?
believe I know custom artist here and around the world... I know the real cost and time (with a mini sewing machine is pretty easy ;)).. of all this..btw is your choice...
I can concern the prices of iminime...but...

Last edited:
Can somebody enlighten me? What is wrong with Vincent's gun :dunno

Where are the scale issues coming from?

ok if you take my post like an offence is up to you...othewise vaffan...
:peace:peace

Lol....this troll. My last post makes no mention of me taking offense. I'm ssyilg you should expect to be direspected given that you are not showing respect to other peoples not being used to your culture.

Seriously man, get the F out if you can't show some respect. You come in here saying we are dumbasses because you got the better figure for less. This has NOTHING to do with cultural understanding. You simply came in and bashed people, then when Army threw you a pass you acted all high and mighty playing the "culture card". Like hell that was your initial intent.

The funny thing is there is a sculpt available that is better than either one of these. I'm not the only one who thinks that either as a few mentioned it earlier in this thread. I kind of see where shadow is coming from with respect to the fan wank that goes on in some of these threads. Rainman announces a character. Everyone gets excited about it and starts posting thier wish list of accessories and posting reference pictures. Then Rainman does whatever he wants. Sometimes he makes a change/correction but often he doesn't. People throw money at him anyway. Then when everyone gets thier figures they post pictures with apologies about how it looks better in hand. Rinse and repeat. I can appreciate the artistry, time and talent it takes to produce something like this. I'm sure Rainman and his team earn thier money. For what he charges in my opinion this should have been more refined. I can't image what kind of excuse can be made for the oversized head and undersized gun. That being said if buyers are happy that is all that really matters. I'm as guilty of defending artist/projects I like as anyone in this thread, so this is an observation more than a critisizm. Friendly debate is what makes the web go around.

Thanks boys :hi5:. I know that 99% of my posts are full of hog wash and foolish banter so I'm glad that I can finally post something that the bruvas feel ;)

The whole cultural thing is a toughie. We're all used to a set of our own social norms. I get that a lot of other cultures are rougher around the edges then Americans and what is everyday convo or actions to them may come across as very rude to Americans. I just find it funny that the most hated country in the world has one of the most polite and socially diplomatic way of being :lol. Go figure :confused:

yes you right a custom figure has an high costs of production, but we are speaking about $1000 for a single figure...
and in this case with black jacket and pants and white shirt..:dunno
is this possible...?
believe I know custom artist here and around the world... I know the real cost and time (with a mini sewing machine is pretty easy ;)).. of all this..btw is your choice...
I can concern the prices of iminime...but...

Brother you keep saying how you're going to bring this magic man tailor to the board. This messiah that has Kato quality and K-Mart prices. I'm waiting.

Can these guys cut their prices down slightly and still make an honest check... the truth is.... probably. So could every top fashion designer, luxury car manufacturer, high end kitchen appliance producer or whatever else. When you’re the best in the biz your product fetches a high price.

There is no one on this board that is offering top quality paint or products for bottom of the barrel prices; these guys know what they’re worth. If anything I see the opposite on certain occasions; middle of the road customizers asking top tier $$$. For the most part I fell that the whole market place is very balanced here though. The best of the best of getting top dollar and the middle of the road guys are getting relative prices for the quality of their offerings. Isn't it that way with all products? Isn't that the way it should be?

There are some forum members that seem to post looking for a negative response. For whatever reason, that's just their MO. I think most of us know a handful of them, no matter what sections you frequent. If it bugs you to see that kind of thing, read the post, nod your head politely, but really just ignore it, and all the trolling in the world will be for naught. They won't get the satisfaction and will eventually find someone else to bug. Just a suggestion.

As for the different Vince heads, I personally don't care so much for the Xenoviper one. Folks say that Rainman releases some stylized sculpts, and I agree in some cases, but Xeno's Travolta seems more stylized than anything I've seen Rainman do before. I do think the Snyder-Man sculpt (that yr is obviously referencing, since his respective "god" is Snyder-Man ;) ) is about on par with Rainman's though. Both seem to capture Travolta well in different ways. The one criticism I might levy at the Snyder-Man version is the expression seems a bit aloof, or that he's a kinder, friendlier Vince Vega.

Can somebody enlighten me? What is wrong with Vincent's gun :dunno

Where are the scale issues coming from?

It doesn't fit properly in the average HT gun grip hand. It would fit perfectly in a female hand, so... it's small. BIGTIME miss in my eyes and I hope that he doesn't do the same for Jules. At least we can use the ACI hands for Vince (which isn't the greatest fix because the sleeves then look long), but what to do for Jules? ACI doesn't make an AA body

Back