Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love both my Driver and Soldier figures, have them front and center on display. My only wish was that the paint app on the face wasn't as pale/washed out.

F-yea dude, I love this duo. They may require a little love as many things do out of the box but the right upgrades will make these crazy. I think the right repaint for the Driver and the right mod for the shirtless look will make a drop dead killer fig. The Soldier IMO is pretty great right out of the box.

:rock:rock

Is that ES confirmed? I thought that's what it was supposed to be but then a bunch of people dropped out after we begged for a bigger ES??

:rock:rock

So when torrence goes up, we will see a lot of people throwing Bill V2 up, Lakhota has a chance! :lol

You sneaky son of a b******, i thought we had something. And to think i was going to name my willy after you!!!! Laugh it up, excuse me why i cry myself to sleep

Personally, I had intentions of keeping these figures, because I love the film and performance. And as we all know, Rainman's figures are second to none in some departments. But the head sculpts just never really grew on me the way I kept hoping they would. Even as stylized interpretations, which I have accepted with some Rainman figures. Now, I see them on the shelf and just think, I'm not totally satisfied with it. I gave them a fair chance, but. . .too many other great figures in the pipeline that I don't think I'll have that concern with. So, I'm trying to sell my DX, basically at cost.

I am not selling with the hope that some one will do a better sculpt. I dint like the new smiling one by whoever as much either... I think many a headsculpts,hot toys, custom etc, fail if the nose is not done right. Bickles nose is way off from RDNs nose. Also his lips are nothing like his so it kinda throws it off completely. Its a shame cause i loved the quality of the sculpt, the Mohawk, etc.., out of the world, however feature by feature if lacks completely.

I always say sculpts should be like: bill by rainman, rainman milkshake, blondie by iminime, Walter white by Trevor i guess, joker hot toys, godfather hot toys, enterbay scarface, whiplash hot toys (.old), dx13, bruce lee hot toys,dr house i think it was iminime who did it with some company, ... These are sculpts that stand out over 250 figures out there... Basically a layman should be able to see the likeness "unquestionably" ... Thats the best measure...

Pop yeah it's confirmed .. The numbers are official

But the real ES is more than this

& as far as i know no one dropped out..

I get what you mean but to understand and truly appreciate these sets for what they are, you can't base the whole value on the level of likeness. Do you think HT always hits it out of the park? In reality if you tallied up all of HT hits compared to their misses you'd be look at around a 60/40 ratio. And when they do hit I don't really feel like it's ever a TOTAL grand slam. What did they ever give us that's pure perfection? DX08 Joker? Wayne? Stark? Their best IMO isn't better than Blitzway's Carlito or Enterbay's Jordan & Agent K. Likeness is very important, no doubt but you have to look past that at what the entire set is made of to properly judge.

A set like Bickle is the epitome of what customs are all about. Where on Earth are you going to find a 1/6 nickel-plated snub nose .38 with pearl grips on the market. Or how about that hand-cannon of a .44 beast? Those guns themselves are near impossible to find, much less top quality casts with top quality paint in the accurate colors. That arm-slide and those gun rigs are the very definition of custom. That belt buckle is a work of art in and of itself. Hand crafted, real silver and super accurate???!!! Come on man!!! What do you think HT's version of that would look like? That crappy thing that doesn't want to close that we got in the original Wolverine set? It goes without saying that the outfit & boots are completely custom and can't be found to the same level of accuracy nor quality anywhere on the market.

As far as comparing RM to Iminime... I think that you're basing your judgment primarily on pictures. Take it from someone who has a fair amount from each producer, Iminime pieces aren't on Rainman's level. I say that with the utmost respect to Denny; I have nothing but love for him and I've been an Iminime supporter from their very start (and of course I will continue to be) but quite honestly it's the truth. I won't make an item by item comparisons between the two products because there's no way for me to do that without sounding like I'm picking Iminime apart, but there are differences on multiple levels. The early Iminime stuff can’t even be compared to RM’s (and understandably so because they were just starting out), but now that they’ve gotten past their growing pains for the most part, the only set that I can say is somewhat close to RM’s quality is Bateman (and I’m not being biased :D). As fantastic as Bateman is he’s extremely close, but still not 1000% on par with what we’ve come to expect from a RM set. I’d say Blondie is up there but the two parts of the set that make it most interesting didn’t even come from Iminime (Trev’s sculpt and Battlegear’s gun belt).

No one here is saying that RM is the best sculptor in the world, or he's a perfect person and can do no wrong, but he's earned his spot in the top tier of the customs world for very good reasons

I agree 100%:lecture :goodpost:

Just need the right glasses.

ZgtJniW.jpg

Just need the right glasses.

Weeeelll, talk to us!

Pop yeah it's confirmed .. The numbers are official

But the real ES is more than this

& as far as i know no one dropped out..

So you mean with those #0's it ended up being a little more?

So he got pissed that we begged for more and than there were dropouts but in the end he did even more than the announced ES. That's cool :lol

I agree 100%:lecture :goodpost:

:duff I mean no disrespect to Iminime at all and I love their stuff. They've come such a long way and they are continuing to get better but it's a fact that as it still stands there are clear differences between the final products of the two producers

Yeah, that was something that gave me some pause, because if, say, bbkill or sdabbs comes along with some great alternative sculpts, and if I could purchase them painted without breaking the bank, then the ultimate Bickle would be ready to go.

Agreed.

Back