R.I.P Spooktacular-pay respect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Chis is still alive and kicking with Sideshow. Theory squashed. :lol

-SideshowAlex

Good to hear Chris is still alive. I haven't heard from him since he had the child. Tell him Shropt misses him in chat. We used to have quite the conversations in the early mornings before everyone else woke up.

It's not dead. For me personally, I grew up, I moved on. lol

ITs just another time of year where they can pump out a cluster of cool new preorders, revealing something new each day.
Similiar, if not exactly the same as comic-con, and how they did that earlier this year. Nothing wrong with that.

Good by me. Ultimately, I'm just interested in the products if I want something. Not to play games. But that's just me.

None of this "collecting" thing is the same anymore. The prices, the quality control, the events etc lol This is no different.
Then again, I'm kinda drifting away from this hobby (as you can see from my sales thread), in favor of other hobbies and interests.

Here's a thought. Maybe if people weren't such whiney **** heads, when given the opportunity to communicate with SS staff, they may still do it. :lol If I read constant negativity I wouldn't want to roll out the red carpet, give away free stuff, or put my people in front of the firing squad to be verbally abused by nerds over the internet. :rotfl

:rotfl:lol:goodpost:

Sideshow Chis is still alive and kicking with Sideshow. Theory squashed. :lol

-SideshowAlex

Chris made sure certain milestones in his life occur at this time so he is on vacation during Spooktacular. Well played Chris! :rotfl

I've been around for all the Spooktaculars and although it makes me sad what it is now compared to what it started as many years ago, let's face it, it's still more than any other collectible company does for it's customers. Thanks Sideshow! :bow

Chris made sure certain milestones in his life occur at this time so he is on vacation during Spooktacular. Well played Chris! :rotfl

I've been around for all the Spooktaculars and although it makes me sad what it is now compared to what it started as many years ago, let's face it, it's still more than any other collectible company does for it's customers. Thanks Sideshow! :bow

suck up :pfft: :poke :1-1:

For the first time ever, this year was the year I really wasn't that excited about Spook. No announcements about a kit, t-shirts, or any kind of hype Sideshow usually made before the event happened. That's when I realized this was it's last year. The no chat pretty much confirmed my fears.

I knew this was coming, especially when the decoder glasses were no longer used, the code search around the site to find the freebie, the riddles posted as you ran around the site to find the clue or code, and the famed scavenger hunt.

I used to stay up and felt guilty when I went to bed, knowing that a giveaway would happen anytime. Now, I sleep well, knowing that I won't find such a thing unless you had Twitter or Facebook, which is a copout to use someone else's site to hype up Spook. Everything was done in-house, which it should always have been.

I miss winning the helms, the Buffy figures, the Sideshow-Weta statues, and Dusty. Thanks to her, she made Spook special, even hooking me up with big-time discounts on the LOTR Weta statues.

R.I.P. my friend. You were loved, Spook.

I had fun last year.. what was my fist year to be honest.. I totaly logged out this year.. super lame.. SDCC event was way more interesting !!!!

:lol Here's to making you eat your words someday :duff ... hopefully

You are probably referring to the stupid Dickens Vilage zombies SSC are going to be selling. :lol

Still I'm all for slurping up my own words if I'm wrong. But I'm afraid my guts are right on this and your guts are stinky with rotten wrongness. :D

Back