R.I.P Spooktacular-pay respect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not dead. For me personally, I grew up, I moved on. lol

None of this "collecting" thing is the same anymore. The prices, the quality control, the events etc lol This is no different.
Then again, I'm kinda drifting away from this hobby (as you can see from my sales thread), in favor of other hobbies and interests.

:lecture I am doing and have done the same. I skipped the last 2 spooks and barely got in on the one previous to those.

Dusty is HOT!

Yeah I think they just got tired of everyone begging for free stuff during chat. It just seemed like every time someone from Sideshow came into chat, 90% of the questions were trolling for free stuff. :peace

Thats pretty much what badmoon said.

Free stuff and items to flip for most.

Spooktacular was great a few years back. Then it seemed to me that gradually over time, Sideshow brushed aside the horror fans slowly, then dropped the Universal license and it was mostly downhill from there.

I've since discovered the wonderful world of resin/garage kits. I can still get my Universal Monster fix and many other original horror delights. To be honest, now that I have built and painted a few kits, I'll never go back to 12" figures or manufactured premium format stuff. If you haven't checked the hobby out, I highly recommend it.

Spooktacular was great a few years back. Then it seemed to me that gradually over time, Sideshow brushed aside the horror fans slowly, then dropped the Universal license and it was mostly downhill from there...

Not sure where you got your intel but I doubt they just "dropped" the license.

Not sure where you got your intel but I doubt they just "dropped" the license.

What's your point? They no longer have it regardless of how it was lost. I'm not here to intentionally misinform anyone about the license. I was actually trying to let those not in the know that there are others avenues to get your Monster and horror fix. No need to get butt-hurt over it.

What's your point? They no longer have it regardless of how it was lost. I'm not here to intentionally misinform anyone about the license. I was actually trying to let those not in the know that there are others avenues to get your Monster and horror fix. No need to get butt-hurt over it.

Why so serious bro? :grouphug

I agree that Sideshow not having the Uni Monster license any more was a big blow to Spook.

I also found my Uni Monster fix elsewhere... through Mondo prints. But for the uninitiated, just realize collecting those prints ain't for the weak of heart (or wallet)!

I agree that Sideshow not having the Uni Monster license any more was a big blow to Spook.

I also found my Uni Monster fix elsewhere... through Mondo prints. But for the uninitiated, just realize collecting those prints ain't for the weak of heart (or wallet)!

Love mondo universal posters:clap:clap:clap managed to get 7 of them from this weeks release, can't wait for them to arrive:yess:

Spooktacular was great a few years back. Then it seemed to me that gradually over time, Sideshow brushed aside the horror fans slowly, then dropped the Universal license and it was mostly downhill from there.

Nah, it just got replaced with hot toys ;)

Just my opinion only. But the year this silver screen diorama came out was the last great year of Spooktacular. I really enjoyed that one.

Anyways, enjoy the memories.

18161_press06__scaled_600.jpg

18161_press02__scaled_600.jpg

Last edited:
Back