R.I.P Spooktacular-pay respect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Dusty! :duff

She's currently recovering from a double Mastectomy for breast cancer, but she's doing well and keeping upbeat. Dax is doing really well. She changed states and moved on from SC, but she knows this time of year we all miss her.

So I'll second any :duff to Dusty!
and wish her all the best in her recovery!

She's currently recovering from a double Mastectomy for breast cancer, but she's doing well and keeping upbeat. Dax is doing really well. She changed states and moved on from SC, but she knows this time of year we all miss her.

So I'll second any :duff to Dusty!
and wish her all the best in her recovery!

whoa...........:monkey2

dusty was always the bomb.......:lecture

wish her a speedy recovery as well......... :pray:

My first Spooktacular was back in 2007 and I still regret not buying that brushed-steel coffee mug. I still use my orange Spooktacular aluminum bottle and the stickers are on my Resident Evil detolf from the 2010 kit; my 2009 coffee mug broke. Last year I won a free HT Michael Jackson Thriller from a Facebook zombie contest.

It has always been a fun event; especially the scavenger hunts and trivia questions. However, I agree that the last few years there were WAY to many people participating just to beg for freebies and then complain when they didn't get anything. Don't get me wrong, I like winning things, but the vibe just...changed. :dunno

I hope that Sideshow changes their mind and goes back to their Spooktacular roots next year because I would LOVE another chance at an insulated coffee mug.

Yeah, this year is really bad. How did the most exciting thing for spook get to be the reveal of some new pics for things we already knew were coming down the pike? ...And having a few random contests thrown in. I used to get so excited for this event - time to say goodbye to the good old days I guess. Cheers

I think a really big part of the "classic" Spooktaculars of the past was the chat and the web team! So a big :duff to Chris, Dusty, Marc, Dennis, Alex, Corey, Robin and everyone else on the web team that made Spooktacular legendary!!!

I am saddened to see this. Even though Spooktacular changed a lot over the last several years, it was always so much fun to participate and I always spent way more time online than I probably should have. Having the opportunity to talk to Sideshow folks and chatting and goofing off with freaks was a great way to spend the week. The contests were a lot of fun too and I won my fair share of items over the years...but it really is the community spooky spirit I will miss the most. We sure did have a lot of fun and some long, long nights over the years. :duff

P.S. I used my Spook mug this morning. I love that mug...and my mort... Spook kits were great.

Last edited:
Yeah I think they just got tired of everyone begging for free stuff during chat. It just seemed like every time someone from Sideshow came into chat, 90% of the questions were trolling for free stuff. :peace

my first spook i got this for retail

71011_press01-001.jpg

I miss winning the helms, the Buffy figures, the Sideshow-Weta statues, and Dusty. Thanks to her, she made Spook special, even hooking me up with big-time discounts on the LOTR Weta statues.

you forgot these guys

closeup.jpg

and

598306431_o.jpg

My first Spook was the very first one they did! I remember by like the second day, I had found every freebie hidden banner... something like 12 or 13 items I could have gotten for free... but I was good (unlike some people at the time) and only went for a free Morgul Lord statue (once he was "officially" up) and left the rest for others. Unfortunately, some others apparantlly did get them all, thus causing Chris to take them offline until it was time for them to go up, and also causing the eventual cascade of ever increasing sneakiness by Chris and the web team when hiding banners and freebie contests! I guess, in a way, it was a good thing that people found everything so quickly that first Spook, because it gave us years of fun trying to outwit Chris and Sideshow!!! :clap

My first Spook was the very first one they did! I remember by like the second day, I had found every freebie hidden banner... something like 12 or 13 items I could have gotten for free... but I was good (unlike some people at the time) and only went for a free Morgul Lord statue (once he was "officially" up) and left the rest for others. Unfortunately, some others apparantlly did get them all, thus causing Chris to take them offline until it was time for them to go up, and also causing the eventual cascade of ever increasing sneakiness by Chris and the web team when hiding banners and freebie contests! I guess, in a way, it was a good thing that people found everything so quickly that first Spook, because it gave us years of fun trying to outwit Chris and Sideshow!!! :clap

And this year they've outwitted us by hiding EVERYTHING!

(Sorry, had to do it ;))

Yeah, that was fun. I ended up with so much free stuff the first two years. I still have a couple of those things around the house.

Well you and Butthole's ":monkey3" indicate that you both think you have insider knowledge so I guess we'll see. :dunno

Oh and :moon to both of you. :mad:

I'd say I think they're right. Of course I've seen saying for a while that SS isn't done with The Dead.

Back