R.I.P Hostess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was their decision to work for a company that makes a product that destroys human health. They made money by working for a company that promotes disease. The company should not have made what they did and those people shouldn't have helped them. Their jobs , like the company itself was immoral, were immoral and those jobs should never have existed in the first place.
If they were more more principled in what industries they chose to assist I could feel sorry for them losing their jobs. I feel sorry for people losing their small family farms. I don't feel sorry for people who lose their jobs with Hostess, Coke, Pepsi, Jack Daniels, or Willam Morris.

You usually post moronic rhetoric. This post clearly shows the lacking level of intelligence of you. Anyone reading this will likely become dumber for having read it. It's not every day someone can be so repulsive and shallow at the same time. :lecture

It was their decision to work for a company that makes a product that destroys human health. They made money by working for a company that promotes disease. The company should not have made what they did and those people shouldn't have helped them. Their jobs , like the company itself was immoral, were immoral and those jobs should never have existed in the first place.
If they were more more principled in what industries they chose to assist I could feel sorry for them losing their jobs. I feel sorry for people losing their small family farms. I don't feel sorry for people who lose their jobs with Hostess, Coke, Pepsi, Jack Daniels, or Willam Morris.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/ame]

blackthornoneignore.gif

:dunno

:yess: .

You usually post moronic rhetoric. This post clearly shows the lacking level of intelligence of you. Anyone reading this will likely become dumber for having read it. It's not every day someone can be so repulsive and shallow at the same time. :lecture

By contrast, you believe it is intelligent to eat, produce and promote things that cause disease in people?

People rob banks and convenience stores to feed their families, too. That doesn't make it ok. What is the ultimate social consequence of working for Hostess? Isn't the good of the greater population more important than a few people who lacked the foresight or the industry to learn skills to give them better jobs for a more honorable profession?

That is because you believe in eating such things, supporting such industries and you believe that the inevitable social and health consequences are an acceptable outcome of an attitude toward treating life as if it was some sort of game. If you believe that life is a game, and that it is fun and worthwhile to compromise health by putting bad things in your body, of course you would disagree with everything I have said.
We must agree to disagree.

I feel that way. I can no longer respond to such nonsense. I would like to keep my brain for a little while longer. :lol

But since you drink alcohol, and to drink alcohol destroys brain cells, it destroys your brain. How can you want to keep your brain for longer and drink alcohol and believe it is intelligent to drink alcohol, perchance? I think it goes to the heart of the issue and the argument.

Basically, to support a business that destroys human life does not support humanity, it destroys it. That is true even if it puts food on the table to feed your family especially if the food is Hostess Twinkies.

I think as far as the company, they always intended to sell it off so that they didn't need to pay their workers more. They would rather sell it to someone else and let them deal with the workers, rather than cut their own profits. That is the morality of such people that would run a company that makes Twinkies, Wonder Bread, and Chocodiles.

There are other companies like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's that treat their employees well, and can afford to do so because they sell things which promote human health, as well as treats. Hostess made nothing but unhealthy things. If they don't make Twinkies anymore, I guess I will need to find another "edible" junk food just as bad as that, to prove that nutrition affects whether people get disease. I used to say that people could try living on just Twinkies, if they believe that what they eat has nothing to do with disease. There goes my go-to example of a poor foodstuff. I believe it's for the best.

Last edited:
Morally pretentious and implicitly fascist rhetoric from Blackthornone? Some people need a rigid behavioral itinerary to feel safe. Not all who live seek to live; some simply fear, and exist to avoid death.

Such a meaningless existence...:ohbfrank:

Morally pretentious and implicitly fascist rhetoric from Blackthornone? Some people need a rigid behavioral itinerary to feel safe. Not all who live seek to live; some simply fear, and exist to avoid death.

One must first live before one can experience. To put the priority of experience and excitement ahead of the priority of being healthy in order to to live is to put the cart before the horse.

I know right...everyone dies of something in the end

I'm sure that death by Twinkie in the end would be very sweet and gentle. :lol

One must first live before one can experience. To put the priority of experience and excitement ahead of the priority of being healthy in order to to live is to put the cart before the horse.

To treat a Twinkie as if it is a syringe full of arsenic is not putting the horse before the cart. It's just crazy.

Strike that. It's just dumb.

Saying as much and getting on a high horse? Now we're talking pure, undiluted crazy.

The humanity!!!! Immoral curs to manufacture death and give immoral people jobs to feed their immoral children!!!!

There ought to be a law!!!
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back