R.I.P Hostess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that death by Twinkie in the end would be very sweet and gentle. :lol

To treat a Twinkie as if it is a syringe full of arsenic is not putting the horse before the cart. It's just crazy.

Strike that. It's just dumb.

Saying as much and getting on a high horse? Now we're talking pure, undiluted crazy.

Your argument is based upon conventionalism, not logic. I never said a Twinkie was akin to arsenic. However, it is an unnecessary and low quality, poor tasting stuff that deteriorates your health much slower than arsenic. Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies aren't an especially healthy food, but at least they taste good. All of the preservatives and other added chemicals in such things as Twinkies are also harmful, only to increase shelf "life". The longer a baked good keeps on the shelf, the worse it is for you. Food that supports life doesn't keep as long as Twinkies, unless it is wheat berries or honey.

Interesting that YOU were the one that suggested that this argument was about a Twinkie as if it was a syringe full of arsenic and said that it was crazy and just dumb. I wholeheartedly agree.

That is because you believe in eating such things, supporting such industries and you believe that the inevitable social and health consequences are an acceptable outcome of an attitude toward treating life as if it was some sort of game. If you believe that life is a game, and that it is fun and worthwhile to compromise health by putting bad things in your body, of course you would disagree with everything I have said.
We must agree to disagree.

twinkie_the_kid-729332.jpg

King Darkness was right. (What else is new? :dunno) I am now stupider for having responded to Blackthornone.

Health nuns suck.

Besides people losing their jobs it's sad for the KC area since the company was founded here. I'm gonna have to search for some twinkies for one last run of fun.

Besides people losing their jobs it's sad for the KC area since the company was founded here. I'm gonna have to search for some twinkies for one last run of fun.

No need. CNN is reporting a company is coming in to buy it. Hopefully jobs are saved and lessons are learned. Don't walk away from good jobs people! :lecture

There are other companies like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's that treat their employees well, and can afford to do so because they sell things which promote human health, as well as treats.

My wife works at Whole Foods and would beg to differ, but since she is a morally better person than someone who works at Hostess, it is beneath her to comment.

:peace

:cuckoo:

Who knew cupcakes could be political - sounds like the trolls are working overtime.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back