Quint speargun making thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, ready for the new visual?
HE'S ON HIS WAY TO YOU!
As are the other two guns to their owners. Emails sent.
ENJOY, gentlemen!

On to the next set!

Guess what I got today!!!!

SPEARGUN1.jpg

Check Les' packaging:

Lespackaging.jpg

Now that's collector friendly!

THANK YOU, LES! :bow

More later...

OK, it's later...

Speargun2.jpg

Speargun3.jpg

Last edited:
So, you like it then?

Glad you got it. That was FAST!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously.

Love the shots. Much better colors and all than mine.

Hot Toys Joker, I had an extra one so I broke off the chain because it'd work right, once I set up my display I'll tie a barrel rope to it.

Well, while living at home has numerous disadvantages, your mom having all sorts of threads and things around can be handy for customs hehe.

To help the crew with finishing up their spearguns, here's a shot of the rig where the wire attaches to the harpoon.

PROPS TO WOR-GAR FOR SPOTTING AND AND POINTING THIS OUT TO ME.

HARPOON.jpg

And here's my fairly accurized harpoon.

11.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant! That's it!

And that's the ref pic I was talking about!

Looks like you got a 1:1 scale there. Looks about as good as one can get! I hope to get mine as good. Nicely done!

:wink1:

Ok, final recipe for Quint's speargun.

-Speargun made by Les with harpoon "loop" reattached in proper location
-Random wire for the line coming off the harpoon
-2 ends of Hot Toys Joker's chain
-"U" clip from Sideshow Indy Jacket

To help the crew with finishing up their spearguns, here's a shot of the rig where the wire attaches to the harpoon.

PROPS TO WOR-GAR FOR SPOTTING AND AND POINTING THIS OUT TO ME.

HARPOON.jpg

Fully inspired by MAULFAN's awesome "lobster claw clasp" find -- yes, I found out what its called -- I managed to find one myself and another little bit to help me make the rigging for my speargun as seen above.

Here's the two pieces I found to use:

bits-1.jpg

Here's the new clasp next to my original rigging from 2000 (the old stuff really ain't too bad for 11 years ago).

originalrignewclasp.jpg

And here's the new completed rigging:

Finalrigging-1.jpg

I cut the brass 'bit' I found and attached it to Les' tube to create the "U" bit, then hooked the lobster clasp to that, then attached some silver thread to that clasp. I actually twisted that little tiny copper wire you see to clamp the silver thread into a loop.

I love making these little, tiny things!!!

Anyway, you end up with this:

Quintriggingcomp.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe you got the wrap around for the connection of the wire like that at this scale, what are you working with tiny tools and a magnifying glass. Nice work.

I am so glad you asked :D

Crazy as it sounds, that was the fun part: a needle, a thin piece of copper wire and a little piece of the insulation to do this...

wireclamp.jpg

Yes, that's my fingers holding the needle on the right. Very tiny work indeed, but I was fairly proud of myself when the idea hit me.

The hard part was getting the silver thread through that little copper tube...twice! :horror

I am gonna have to come back and take notes here.
Somebody do us a HOW TO on all this would ya? I need easy pics and refs in one place. If that is possible. All the spear stuff, and barrel ropes all in one easy place to follow.

(I have just met a lady, a new girlfriend, so all work is a tad slow on set two....sorry...I will speed back up! But assume I am kinda out of it for a few days. And I will need to catch up with all this. So, bear with me! Good days again though! :rock )

Ok. enough with announcements.
Back to the discourse! But seriously, can all this be organized into a simple how to set of images?

Back