Quint speargun making thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this one...at Cotswold collectibles...

GIEW-08Z.jpeg

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIEW-08Z

Josh's link still works, guys. The Martini Henry rifle is still in stock at Cotswald, and costs $3.99 -- item #GIEW-08Z.

We need one more Martini rifle for Spartan to be in the loop. But, as far as I am concerned, if he is getting a Quint, he is. Just snag one through Cotswold and send it to me. If you need more stuff from there, let's think about some gear we all might need, shoes, pants, coats, etc., and help Spartan get in on this with a filled out order.
Ready to help if I can. Will for sure cover it when the gun gets here.

And for what it's worth, EVERYONE gets a gun if we can work it out. I can't see a Quint out there without one. Paul Carson, note received, and you are covered. No worries.

I couldn't find anything on that site I'm looking for, noticed the Garand rifle is on there if anyone's still looking for that.

We need one more Martini rifle for Spartan to be in the loop. But, as far as I am concerned, if he is getting a Quint, he is. Just snag one through Cotswold and send it to me. If you need more stuff from there, let's think about some gear we all might need, shoes, pants, coats, etc., and help Spartan get in on this with a filled out order.
Ready to help if I can. Will for sure cover it when the gun gets here.

And for what it's worth, EVERYONE gets a gun if we can work it out. I can't see a Quint out there without one. Paul Carson, note received, and you are covered. No worries.

Thanks Les:D
Was there anything else you guys bought through Cots for the 3?

Taking my dad to Jacksonville tomorrow, to a doctor for a consultation, and I am going by a hobby shop to get some more rods for the spearguns, so hope they have some, as I really need to size them in person, and hope they are in stock. Snagging a few will help get this ball rolling soon too. I ran out of the metal rods some time back, but haven't had time to replenish my supply in a while.

Anyway, look for updates in this project soon.

RODS acquired!

:D

You all should owe me something for that one! LOL! One long ass trip just for some little thin aluminum and brass rods. But still, now, they are in hand again. RODS IN HAND! :naughty

:D

Must mean, Spearguns are not so far away...eh?...eh??? Yeah! :banana

Quint Speargun production begins next week. Let me know if you still want one, as I have enough for about eight in hand, nine if I get one more rifle...but eight for sure. I figure I will start on them all, and finish as soon as I can thereafter. Might take a little while, but not too long, as I have much else to get done also.

Contact me if you need to get one secured (and if you haven't already).
Thanks all, and hope I can make the Quints a done deal soon.

Here's the list from before.

FINAL SPEARGUN LIST (pending confirmation and email to Les as to payment by all)

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist ?
5. Pjam
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff
8. paulcarson
9. SpartanRex

Last edited:
Quint Speargun production begins next week. Let me know if you still want one, as I have enough for about eight in hand, nine if I get one more rifle...but eight for sure. I figure I will start on them all, and finish as soon as I can thereafter. Might take a little while, but not too long, as I have much else to get done also.

Contact me if you need to get one secured (and if you haven't already).
Thanks all, and hope I can make the Quints a done deal soon.

Here's the list from before.

FINAL SPEARGUN LIST (pending confirmation and email to Les as to payment by all)

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist ?
5. Pjam
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff
8. paulcarson
9. SpartanRex

You know I'm in! :rock

I'm paid and in.

Me too -- found here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32632&page=7

Les, your list is correct above, I just went through the entire thread. Not sure about Darkartist these days, but I believe everyone else is definitely in for one.

Definitely 8 spearguns to build.

Would need a 9th for Trevor.

Not certain who has paid beyond Maulfan and myself back in '08, no posts to that effect.

So now's the time to reserve your 1 of 8 spearguns, guys!

1. Wor-Gar (paid)
2. Maulfan (paid)
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist ?
5. Pjam
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff
8. paulcarson
9. SpartanRex

Hey Les, I'm still interested, but make me last; if you need mine for Spartan or Trev, by all means, go ahead. If by chance you still have enough at the end, then I'll definitely take one. Just let me know and how much, etc.

Les, can you make sure that all those that want one can get one ? I'm happy to go without. If Trev or Lonnie need it I'm happy to give up my space.

Curious if there's any progress here, been kind of silent this week.

Been kinda quiet this week due to all work of any kind stopping so I can sit and go through years of paperwork so I can file bankruptcy. Sux. Maybe next week after I have filed, I can start work back up. Not a good time to be a creative person. All this BR crap kinda has me in a downer. I'll rebound. Just lots to do and staying stressed and tired.

On a good note however, I was at a hobby shop day before yesterday and got more supplies for this project, including a proper metal rod cutter so I can make the brass rings for the spears. It's happening. Just a lot on my plate. Hang in there. :wave

Still hoping to get back to these soon guys. Just into a LOT of backlog and cutting my way through... I have not forgotten about these though. :rock

Back