Quint speargun making thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike. Been only coming into this area when I do come in. No time. Not to look around. Hope I am not missing too much out there...
Hope to return soon with new stuff when I do. but for here, hang tight!

NEW Speargun news!

THREE finished guns going out this week, to Pjam, Wor-Gar and MaulFan.
Followed by three more, Gruff and Trevor, and one more of you. Make sure I have you covered by next week's set.
May have a few more coming soon thereafter then done.

FINALLY getting these out of here!

I'll get in here with pics soon. I did add the brass ring that is sort of beside the shaft ring, on each spear. The side ring being where the ropes were tied. Added one to my own gun also. Cut enough brass to cover any more spears also.
These things are a one at a time, bit by bit, handmade effort, each, so hang in there. I am back on 'em though. Feels good to be doing some Jaws work again.

Here is the list as made so far (forgive any rearranging of order of delivery. Just make sure we are good on payments if any are left to be made. To be honest, all this is so far back now, I have no idea when anyone paid. I owe Trev for a barrel, so his is free anyway. Paul Carson I owe for half my set's attire, so his is covered also. The rest of you let me know. Thanks.)

Set one Due to ship by April 7th!
1. Wor-Gar -almost made
2. Maulfan - almost made
3. Pjam - almost made
(shifted up in line due to his Quint shipping this week)

Set two Next week's set! Hope to ship by April 15th
4. Customikey
5. Gruff
6. Trevor (moved up due to debt owed for barrel)

Set three Soon after set two! Hope to ship April 22nd
7. Lcummins (hang in there! Soon!)
9. SpartanRex (hang in there! Soon!)
9. Paul Carson (debt due to attire - with great gratitude!)
10. DAJosh?

Hope that is all I owe. Just make sure we are all done cost/pay/trade-wise. And make sure I have all proper shipping info!!!!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Great news, thanks Les!

Really eager to see pics of the line of spear guns!

The rest of you let me know. Thanks.)

Here's the list again from the proceeding page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaulFan
I'm paid and in.

Me too -- found here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...t=32632&page=7

Not certain who has paid beyond Maulfan and myself back in '08, no posts to that effect.

FINAL SPEARGUN LIST (pending confirmation and email to Les as to payment by all)

1. Wor-Gar (paid)
2. Maulfan (paid)
3. Customikey
4. Pjam
5. Lcummins
6. Gruff (paid)
7. paulcarson (paid)
8. SpartanRex
9. Trevor (paid)

Last edited:
Keep my work list going, as it's the delivery order for now.

Here's the three in-progs as they stand...

QGs001.jpg

More soon! :rock

AWESOME!!! I can't believe they're coming! Wa-Hoo!

Lookin' good!

Quick note: don't forget our conversation about the "magnetic front" on the grip -- the magnet that holds the wire loops on the spear itself.

No inset magnets. There is a metal looking plate in front of that square boxy part though, so it's visually accounted for. Hope that helps.

And CORRECTION: I only have eight guns total, not ten. That cuts out two (one of those being DA Josh unless he still wants one. I will contact him myself soon to see.)
So I need one more to make the full list I have short of him.

I thought I had them all accounted for in hand, but with an ongoing "bag 'o guns" it never occurred to me I didn't have but eight total. I just went into the bag of parts to get out the next three, to start on them along and along for next week's batch, and am left with only two.
We must have only had that many accounted for and I forgot.

Help me work this out, and/or get one more gun from Cotswold. Hope I can do all of 'em for you guys. I sure want to while I am on this roll. :hi5:

Oh, and I saw the photo I just posted, I removed the small metal bracket visible just under the front grips in front of the triggers. Forgot that part is not on the speargun. All three in-progs are updated and are now accurate. :rock

(It's been nuts here lately. :panic: )

Last edited:
No inset magnets. There is a metal looking plate in front of that square boxy part though, so it's visually accounted for. Hope that helps.

No, I didn't mean real magnets -- just how it would really work, remember, when we were chatting about how the gun must work in reality. Anyway, yes, just wanted to remind you in case. Never fear.

Very excited about these!

I updated Gruff's paid if you want to keep the list on the proceeding page.

Gotcha. I am almost done with these. New barbs compared to mine. Might have to redo a spear for my own now. Anyway, they are looking great I think. Yes, the front edge of the big square is a magnet, and I painted the face of it silver, so it is metallic. Looks better. All three of set one about complete.

I did consider your idea/suggestion though. Adding some teeny magnet under a thin sheet of square styrene might work, but then you'd have any metallic thing wanting to stick to it! LOL! And it would be a lot of work. Still, it MIGHT could be done. More work that it's worth I think.
But, they do LOOK right.

Anyway, pics and shipping info soon! On to the next set! :rock

Set one Due to ship by April 7th!
1. Wor-Gar -completed!
2. Maulfan - completed!
3. Pjam - completed!
(shifted up in line due to his Quint shipping this week)

Set two Next week's set! Hope to ship by April 15th
4. Customikey - Started
5. Gruff - Started
6. Trevor (moved up due to debt owed for barrel)

Set three Soon after set two! Hope to ship April 22nd
7. Lcummins (hang in there! Soon!)
9. SpartanRex (hang in there! Soon!)
9. Paul Carson (debt due to attire - with great gratitude!)
10. DAJosh?

Last edited:
3. Pjam - completed! (shifted up in line due to his Quint shipping this week)

That's what I'm talkin' bout! Thanks man. :)

No worries Pjam! Just get that last bit to me soon! :wink1:

Here they are! The first batch! Complete with new and more accurate speartips! (note mine on top with the old tip. And yes, I'll get an upgrade soon!) And remember, each gun and spear has to be altered and crafted by hand.
I wish I could mold the stock and all, but no time and these are stronger anyway. Who wants brittle resin guns! We're talkin' solid plastic, epoxy putty and metal tubing. And yes, the spears all slide off. They are not attached to the inner barrels but are tight fitting, slide over tubes each. Only the tips are slightly, kinda sorta breakable. So be careful with the tips.

QGs003.jpg

Note the metal "magnet" faces of the front of the gunstocks
QGs004.jpg

QGs005.jpg

QGs006.jpg

Out of here soon!

More to come! :rock

Last edited:
THEY are gorgeous and YOU are a genius. :clap

Congrats on completing this run, Les.

Final Bit coming... now. Yes, now. :)

UPDATE: Payment Sent.

Pls ship ASAP so I can rejoin the Crew. :hi5:

Last edited:
You bet! I need to properly pack all these, in foam in boxes, and I haven't worked all that out yet, but when I do, off they go! And your Quint too, P. Rock on and thanks for the kind words guys. Means a ton as these things are hard to make.

BTW, Pjam, your Quint is holding his at this moment! :rock

As I've mentioned to Les, I can't think of a single more necessary accessory for these figures than this gun. Sure others are nice and we're lucky to have them, but if someone said, you can have all 3 Jaws guys but only one accessory, i'd pick this and I'm very thankful to Les for making these because I couldn't, not so well as he does.

You bet! I need to properly pack all these, in foam in boxes, and I haven't worked all that out yet, but when I do, off they go! And your Quint too, P. Rock on and thanks for the kind words guys. Means a ton as these things are hard to make.

BTW, Pjam, your Quint is holding his at this moment! :rock

Quite an awesome visual to roll around in my head until I can do the same. :lol

Back