Quint speargun making thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And look how badass Quint looks holding it.

13.jpg

Just got in the eighth gun to rework, from Pjam.
That means, with mine, there will be nine total.

I will commence work on these soon after painting up the heads for whoever I am.
Then, I need to arrange a "who wants one" listing, PM or email me at [email protected] and let me work out payment on one for you. I will only make one for whoever confirms it with me. Again, there are only EIGHT to be made, after those are full, that's it.

These guns will each be original works, NOT castings! Each will have metal rods and harpoons and be hand crafted to work nicely with your Quints.
So, I can't recall who has paid for one already, hope you know, only one or two have, but get with me, and I will work it out with you. It's not a lot, and I hope to have them done soon.
Might need some more metal rods, but I am close there.

Stay in touch for this one. It's an ongoing project. Thanks.

Didn't take long to go back and scan this thread for the list:

Les' SPEARGUN LIST:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist
5. pjam :D basic

lcummins expressed possible interest, and GRUFF sent you two rifles, Les.

Anyway, the above list is from page 4 before lcummins and Gruff chimed in.

FINAL SPEARGUN LIST (pending confirmation by all)
1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist
5. Pjam (basic)
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff

If all you guys above are in, that leaves one lone speargun for the taking.

Last edited:
Didn't take long to go back and scan this thread for the list:

lcummins expressed possible interest, and GRUFF sent you two rifles, Les.

Anyway, the above list is from page 4 before lcummins and Gruff chimed in.

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist
5. Pjam (basic)
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff

If all you guys above are in, that leaves one lone speargun for the taking.

I'll take it if it hasn't gone !! I'm not really any good at customising things like that.

I'll take it if it hasn't gone !! I'm not really any good at customising things like that.

Surprised you weren't up there to begin with:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist
5. Pjam (basic)
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff
8 paulcarson

Well, I have the donor gun it has been sitting there taunting me for a while,I was going to attempt it myself but it wouldn't have the same finish as everyone elses.

Its funny how I came across it, I was looking for something entirely different and voila there it was . I thought that with a little work it could look very close. Les surpassed my "very close" thoughts with "damn bl**dy good ! "

Les, I can send it through to you if that is any help ? Its not like I can use it for anything else anyway? Are there enough rifles for everyone that needs one ?

If you have yet another gun, please send it Mikey. That extra would make nine in hand. With mine, Ten total.

FINAL SPEARGUN LIST (pending confirmation and email to Les as to trade/pay whatever, etc. by all)

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist
5. Pjam (basic):confused:
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff
8 paulcarson
9. ?

I forgot what Pjam's "basic" is! :lol I plan on doing the same thing to them all...so remind me buddy!

That is all I guess. I will add the one Mikey has to the group if need be. I have one for him now, so that clears up for an extra.

Just email me at [email protected] if you haven't already, to finalize these.

Basic, yes I forgot what that meant too, Les. :lol

I think I prolly responded to this old post I dug up.

OK. Start a sho-nuff list and send me your Martinis!
And a dry drink one to go with each! :lol

But seriously, better get them to me soon, so I can put them in the mix.

Trying to decide a decent fee for this. Maybe a basic one for $50ish each? They aren't real hard, but quite time consuming each (more than heads). Lots of cutting, puttying, dremeling, tubework, fabricating and gluing and moderate painting each. I don't wanna charge you guys too much. This all is already a costly project for us each. If that sounds good, let me know.

What would you pay for a nice top model Quint gun? Maybe I can do stages...a $50 basic one you can detail more if you want and do more to, a $70 bells and whistles one, with more details. $125+ if you want maybe a case and more harpoons etc. (that all will take some extra time of course...)

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey Les. What gun do I need to send you? I have the recommended Final Battle rifle for Brody, but my Brody is Chummin', so if that's the one, I could send it to ya! Paypalin' shortly...

No worries Mike. You may not have the kind of rifle needed for a Quint speargun. It's an old model rifle, and the only place to snag one is Cotswold collectibles. It's an old British WWI era rifle that was reworked into the speargun.

Here is all I have at present...
MHQuint004.jpg

The one at far left is the one Pjam just sent me. It's how the rifle looks. The others are of course, cut down already, prepped for the barrel phase, and my finished Quint gun is on the far right. You can see what it takes per gun to get them there. Lots of aluminum rod and time.
Anyway, if you can get this rifle, so be it. Otherwise, this is the hoarde.

As for the regular rifle used by Brody at the end of the movie, it's not this model, but this project only needs these particular ones for this gun.

Hope this helps.

Is it possible to weasel my way on to the list at this point?

Thanks
(How did I miss these other secret Jaws threads? Feel like a noob)

Is it possible to weasel my way on to the list at this point?

Thanks
(How did I miss these other secret Jaws threads? Feel like a noob)

If you have yet another gun, please send it Mikey. That extra would make nine in hand. With mine, Ten total.

FINAL SPEARGUN LIST (pending confirmation and email to Les as to trade/pay whatever, etc. by all)

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff
8. paulcarson
9. ?

That is all I guess. I will add the one Mikey has to the group if need be. I have one for him now, so that clears up for an extra.

Les, is that 9th position available, or was it pending what gun Mikey had?

If you have nine...

1. Wor-Gar
2. Maulfan
3. Customikey
4. Darkartist
6. Lcummins
7. Gruff
8. paulcarson
9. SpartanRex

Back