Quick question about the Hot toys Batmobile - Tumbler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham_UK

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the market for a HT Tumbler (Black, Batmobile version) There's a few questions that I just wanted to ask,

- Is there anything I need to look out for when buying one (e.g., did it have any running changes?)
- I noticed it had a re-release, was there anything different?

Cheers guys!

ps If anyone is selling one in the UK let me know ;)

This should go in the Tumbler thread... but to answer your question, get the re-release. Not sure what the differences are, but I'm assuming the newest one is more improved if it wasn't the same. Only thing it really has are the 6 or so lights, movable flaps, and the front that opens up that could seat 2 figures inside. No lights or anything on the interior, just stickers, and a few movable parts. No weapons mode. Cheers! :wink1:

This should go in the Tumbler thread... but to answer your question, get the re-release. Not sure what the differences are, but I'm assuming the newest one is more improved if it wasn't the same. Only thing it really has are the 6 or so lights, movable flaps, and the front that opens up that could seat 2 figures inside. No lights or anything on the interior, just stickers, and a few movable parts. No weapons mode. Cheers! :wink1:

Sorry that it's in the wrong place! If a mod would like to move it then please do :)

Ok, I need a bit more of a precise answer, was it just the box that was different?

If your seeing it in hand (like picking it up from a seller) check the wing pieces are in good condition & the windscreen wipers are intact (they break off very easily apparently)

Also if your a pickier buyer check the windscreens, some have excess glue on them.

It's really huge!!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410360928.280969.jpg

I did some research on this earlier this year but I would recommend the 2nd release (which is what I got).

There were post showing that some of the first release Tumblers had some sort of oil spots on the exterior top roof. This was due to the packing foam (I think).

Something to consider.

Cheers, I've managed to get myself the Re-release version (The one with the black box?) It was a bit more money than i'd hoped but basically it's never been out of the box!

Sorry I saw this late but one problem that was there with the Tumblers was the rear axle was prone to breaking clean off some. It's too heavy for the plastic. I had to deal with this on my camouflaged version. It's a somewhat rare occurrence but it happens.

Quick question of my own. Currently looking to offload my MMS69 to fund and make room for the upcoming Delorean and I'm trying to work out how to price mine. In a nutshell, it's been pulled out of the box maybe once or twice since I've had it, I've never tested the electronics and it's still unassembled.

The only issue with it is that this panel snapped off on mine in transit to me:
0009618_hot-toys-mms69-batman-the-dark-knight-batmobile-tumbler.jpeg

I'm presuming it can be glued in place easily enough. What do people reckon is a fair price on it

As it's the black one I'd just list on eBay with the issue you have highlighted ( it'll glue back on and never be noticed again ) and start at 99p bidding, you'll be suprised how much it will go up. Also shipping is a lot cheaper than you'd think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As it's the black one I'd just list on eBay with the issue you have highlighted ( it'll glue back on and never be noticed again ) and start at 99p bidding, you'll be suprised how much it will go up. Also shipping is a lot cheaper than you'd think

Cheers for that. This is actually the loose panel in question (had to fiddle with the lighting to show up details so some of the colours have gone funny in it): loose panel top.jpg

and how clean the snap from the posts was/wasn't: loose panel.jpg

If I did want to fix it myself and then sell it, do you reckon you'd need to do anything other than glue it in place, also what would be the best option in terms of glue to repair it?

That really doesn't look to bad, if I was you I'd repair it myself. Regular Superglue and a bit of patience.
For selling it, I would recommend parcelforce I just sold 1 of my camo tumblers and it was £27 for 48hour delivery guaranteed and £400 insurance

Back