Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what two brands...?

ACI and Asmus.

I wouldn't go so far as to a competition. I think a lot of it was coincidence. If I was going to start a Lord of the Rings line Aragorn is one of the biggest characters from the movies so it makes sense that either an Aragorn, Gandalf or Frodo come near the beginning of the line. Frodo takes the most R&D so that leaves Gandalf and Aragorn. Asmus started with Gandalf the White and they have had Aragorn on their short list since the very beginning (or at least from when they announced the line on the boards). As far a villains go all the orcs are more of one use characters and but the Nazgul are essential to the story, in all three movies, there is no actor likeness to match and people might buy multiples. Now if ACI announces Gurtiz figure then I might start to wonder.

Gimli was the first dwarf mentioned in their original "first five" figure line-up for 2013.

They've been quiet on it ever since.

Asmus LOTR 1-6th Figures for 2013 GOTHMOG!!! 5-3-13.jpg

I think they have mentioned wanting to do him from time to time but the big thing with him and the hobbits is they need to get a good body for a reasonable cost so the price point on Gimli and any other dwarves and hobbits is reasonable. I really hope they at least get Gimli, Merry and Pippin done but it would be great one day to have the entire fellowship made by a single company so they all fit in real nice together and don't have to be mismatched and hodgepodged together.

Since they appear to be making Tauriel, I'd quite like a Kili figure to go with her!

I'd like to see a Kili figure too. Preferably sooner rather than later.:goodpost:

I'd like to see a Kili figure too. Preferably sooner rather than later.:goodpost:

The longer they wait on Hobbit figures, the worse off they'll be imo. I don't think characters like Tauriel and Kili will have the staying power, so to speak, that characters like Aragorn have. Ideally they'd have announced and teased more Hobbit figures already to take advantage of the movie buzz.

I wish I could kitbash my own.... Hmmm. Wonder how tall that Tyrion figure is? :lol

I'm excited to see what they do. It'd be cool if they did Dwarf two-packs. Otherwise it'll be forever before we get a decent collection. I hope we get a Dwarf in the initial mix. Starting with Tauriel and Bard seems a bit funky in some ways.

Back