Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I'm sure it is of course. But there's probably a couple people who would truly consider stuffing their home with a mammoth Smaug head.

Shoot if they make it 1:1 and hollow I could sell the home and live in it. It might deter burglars as well.

Maybe I should change that to buried in it because if I did that my wife would end me.

Damn. I just looked up some scale comparison charts. I forgot how huge he is! Haha I've got a third bedroom not being used. I could put the head in there by itself, or the basement. If worse comes to worse I don't need a bed right?....ok I have a problem.

Asmus posted on facebook - how is this scale?
1510910_10152367656446968_2518717062226093923_n.jpg

I'd be totally fine with that scale for the body. I especially like how slender it is. (One of my problems with the Sideshow body was that it had short limbs, but was too bulky in the middle.) Is that their own design or an existing body?

This is likely a very early proto shown for scale purposes, but I hope the final body will have a lot more articulation. I'm sure it will, but fingers crossed anyway.

With a slightly smaller head, I'd be really happy with that. I know the filmmakers cheated a lot in the movies, and the exact scale tends to wander around from scene to scene, but you can't really cheat when you've got figures standing next to each other on the shelf. A full-sized head on a little body tends to feel a little bobble-heady. So if they can scale the heads down maybe 10 or 15% from a normal 1/6 size, that might be enough to sell the illusion for me.

Nice work!

IMO that hobbit body is a tad too tall but I could live with it. I think it needs to be about 1/2" shorter, whereas a dwarf body needs to be about 1/2" taller. And agree the heads need to be relatively smaller.

Who's head is on that? Not Frodo is it? Looks like the Ring won.

I'm OK with the size. It's clearly too big -- about the same as Sideshow's from the look of it -- but I think any smaller will create problems with voluminous clothing. Can always bend then knees a bit and hunch to get them smaller.

I'm hoping that body has nothing to do with the actual body but is just a scale reference. It's about the same size as the sSC hobbits, but the head is bigger.

I think they mentioned on FB or somewhere the head is not part of the body design, it was just a spare head they had laying around and stuck it on there. So the actual head will probably be scaled down a little.

I think they mentioned on FB or somewhere the head is not part of the body design

Well if that is the body hopefully they plan to add more articulation to it. The Sideshow hobbits while oversized had overall good bodies as long as the joints stayed tight and the shin split wasn't too bad.

I hate to sound like a broken record but any news/pictures on The Hobbit considering less than one month until till the final Middle Earth film?

So what happened to George? He hasn't checked in here for well over a month. Everything OK on the Asmus front?

The whole ACI/Asmus thing makes me nervous.

Back