Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post more photos tomorrow~

Thank you! I have been looking constantly to see pics of your booth pop up. Very well displayed! I really like Gandalf's base.

I am not super familiar with the Thranduil and Mouth of Sauron by Asmus, are these updated at all or are they being re released? I always regret passing on the Mouth of Sauron, it is one of my favorite designs.

Is the Hateful Eight line dead? I really wanted a Walter Goggins Chris Mannix but didn’t see one in the sdcc coverage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t the first MOS come with a Mithril shirt? I have him holding it, where did that come from, I can’t remember...?
The mithril shirt came as pre-order exclusive to the original Frodo figure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi all! This seemed like the best thread to ask my question in since it’s super active.

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on getting the slim Frodo since I’ve got the crown Gandalf on PO. I looked at the photos on Asmus’s website, and his eyes appeared green. Don’t know if it’s my phone, if they are green, or if they were green and fixed by Asmus.

Thanks

Hi all! This seemed like the best thread to ask my question in since it’s super active.

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on getting the slim Frodo since I’ve got the crown Gandalf on PO. I looked at the photos on Asmus’s website, and his eyes appeared green. Don’t know if it’s my phone, if they are green, or if they were green and fixed by Asmus.

Thanks
They messed up the second batch of Slim Frodos which resulted in sub-par paint on the face, hair and green eyes instead of blue. You are best trying to get one from Ebay and ask the seller to show you the face before you buy it. Asmus offered a replacement head to those who got the bad version but nothing has been confirmed yet.

*edit* found this photo in the Frodo and Sam thread. The drop in quality from the first release (left) to the second (right) is night and day. Right version looks like an old Hasbro doll.

4539e3e21c734671418edf5c195e797a.jpg

They messed up the second batch of Slim Frodos which resulted in sub-par paint on the face, hair and green eyes instead of blue. You are best trying to get one from Ebay and ask the seller to show you the face before you buy it. Asmus offered a replacement head to those who got the bad version but nothing has been confirmed yet.

*edit* found this photo in the Frodo and Sam thread. The drop in quality from the first release (left) to the second (right) is night and day. Right version looks like an old Hasbro doll.

Thank you so much for the information! So the ones directly from the Asmus website currently will likely look like the lower quality one on the right?

Thank you so much for the information! So the ones directly from the Asmus website currently will likely look like the lower quality one on the right?
I'm afraid so. Definitely worth checking Ebay in case a seller has the first version.

Correct. The disappointing one on the right is what I got from Asmus direct.

All Frodo's head is now BLUE eyes,
replacement on our slim buyers will receive one this year I am sure

Oh ok - so if I were to buy a slim one now, it would have blue eyes and look more like the photo on the left with the more vibrant paint application?

Voicing my support for Éowyn 2.0 in her green gown, or a Crown-level armored version.

With Éomer and Théoden being such fantastic looking figures, we need an Éowyn to match.

Back