Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will we have to connect to receive blue-eyed heads, or you just follow those orders that got these heads?
Also, any word on how to get and what is the pricing of GtG heads for the owners of the first version?

Asmus had Thranduil and Mouth of Sauron on display. Are they getting re released? I deeply regret not getting the mouth, it’s one of my favorite designs.

Mouth has the description of "Slim" on the name tag at SDCC so pretty sure that will be a re-release. Can't say for Thranduil, as I didn't see any pics of the name tag but then I didn't really look for pics.

8B9939E1-FA96-48E2-8A21-88385A473CF4.jpeg

Sent a message on Instagram to Asmus and they said the slim Frodo in their shop should have the correct paint application. Fingers crossed, because I just ordered it...

Voicing my support for Éowyn 2.0 in her green gown, or a Crown-level armored version.

With Éomer and Théoden being such fantastic looking figures, we need an Éowyn to match.

I need Eowyn - I'd rather have her gowned, tho I missed the first release.

Is Thranduil getting a re-release? We need his throne! Also a rooted hair Legolas would love the armored Mirkwood Hobbit version, esp. if the shoulder mail is detachable.

Thranduil said 2.0 on tag. Mouth of Sauron is slim version without horse. Not sure if he comes with the sword or not but does have the mouth parts for expression.

I tried to really look at the differences on Thranduil from the one I have and mostly it seems in hair application and neck seam. The clothing looked similar. I couldn't tell if they fixed the hands as the current one does not hold the swords as tightly as he should so you have to work with him to pose. Was still shown on same column base as v1.0

As a side note, Gandalf seems to be the same clothing and accessories for the most part. There may have been a bit more weathering on the clothing than the version I have now.

Legolas armored, Hobbit or Helms Deep is my most wanted now. Make him a Crown line figure.

Yeah, I'm wondering if we're gonna get a Crown Line Legolas. Holding back on tracking the figure down right now in case a new one is made.

Asmus,
I think the next Crown figure should be Radagast the Brown. He would be an excellent figure and loads of great accessories would be possible for him, birds, hedgehogs, rabbits etc.

Then after him the Crown Gollum & Smeagol double pack. This would give the opportunity of having his two figures rather than swapping heads.

Then Lurtz, Sauron, Cave Troll.

:)

Any plans for other LOTR characters, such as Gamling, King Theoden's right hand guard as far as soldiers go?

View attachment 462027

Sent a message on Instagram to Asmus and they said the slim Frodo in their shop should have the correct paint application. Fingers crossed, because I just ordered it...

Let us know how does goes down!
BTW wouldn't it be advisable to wait and see if they make a Crown Frodo with rooted hair?

All Frodo's head is now BLUE eyes,
replacement on our slim buyers will receive one this year I am sure

What about the flesh colour and hair, Mr Asmus? Are they also fixed?
And what about Sam, Mr Asmus? It also had paint problems, like a 5 o'clock shadow that shouldn't be there. Are the new slims on your shop fixed?

Thanks,
m.

Let us know how does goes down!
BTW wouldn't it be advisable to wait and see if they make a Crown Frodo with rooted hair?

What about the flesh colour and hair, Mr Asmus? Are they also fixed?
And what about Sam, Mr Asmus? It also had paint problems, like a 5 o'clock shadow that shouldn't be there. Are the new slims on your shop fixed?

Thanks,
m.

They had the lesser paint application, sadly. It had the larger starburst pattern in the eye, and the complexion lacked the warmth one would expect in a FotR Frodo. I posted some pictures, I think, of what they had. I was able to find the really good one on eBay - it got here yesterday. Super happy with it!

And as far as a Crown Frodo goes, I’m not sure if they will make one or when. It sounds like Gandalf is coming later this year (although I’m sure there will likely be understandable delays), Gandalf the White will probably be Crown as well, and it sounds like Aragorn is going to be their next Crown venture, which I can’t wait for! I didn’t want to risk not having a decent Frodo in my collection, personally, in the event Frodo does not get the Crown treatment in a few years’ time. Also, my bet is after Aragorn, Legolas will be the next Crown issue. I think they’re going to be more likely to do Crown versions of older ones that they can now immensely improve on.

I kind of also personally hope that if the hobbits do get the Crown treatment, we get different versions of them. I’d pay top dollar for Gondorian armored Pippin and Rohirrim armored Merry.

I hope they limit what gets the Crown treatment personally. Very few characters beyond the most popular really warrant such expense. Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas are about the only ones I can see justifying the added cost and labor. 2.0s, or just upgraded head sculpts are another matter.

I hope they limit what gets the Crown treatment personally. Very few characters beyond the most popular really warrant such expense. Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas are about the only ones I can see justifying the added cost and labor. 2.0s, or just upgraded head sculpts are another matter.

Agreed. I think some are getting carried away

I completely agree. If everything was redone as a Crown series item, then none of them would be special, you know? And like I said, if they’re going to reissue characters under the Crown line that have some of their simpler looks released already, I’d love to see some different looks.

But that can also be accomplished by doing standard rereleases of them.

Yeah, I'm betting the Crown line will be limited to one figure a year, maybe every other year. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. It should be special.

Exactly. And they also have to be mindful of what would sell at that price point. I think Gandalf, Aragorn, and Legolas are the obvious choices.

:exactly: This! :lecture

Just chipping in my two cents, but I would absolutely buy a Crown Frodo with rooted hair (and good face apps).

I'd definitely buy a Crown Frodo. He's the most important character of the trilogy, so he deserves top shelf treatment.

But what would he need to come with to make him worth $350? My suggestion would be a two-pack (two full figures) - FotR Frodo (maybe with his blue shirt and suspenders?) and RotK Frodo (maybe with Orc armor?) For me, rooted hair would be nice, but with short-haired characters, I'm fine with sculpted (if the hair sculpt is done well).

Back