Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we have an upgraded body under development,
hopefully for Skully we can start using it! (Was planed for Gandalf)

When it is ready and approved to be good,
we will develop a piece to make it taller for Morgul Lord
and we will have a special package to buy it in a cheaper way.

Hopefully that will fix WK once and for all

Thanks for that.

Will the WK get a full re-release with the new body or will the body come alone to upgrade existing WK figures?

Yes,
It is still a KP01A body, with adjustment.

The major difference is that we have bought the molds of the body from Kaustic Plastik.
so we now have total control of the mold.

Which mean in the future production,
we will be able to filter the bad ones off, and demand the factory to remake the whole batch if the quality is not satisfied.

In other words, we finally don't have to take whatever we are given...

:clap That's Great to Hear. :clap

My Witch King hasn't arrived yet so I do not if it is loose jointed or not, but if it is I will be looking to purchase the new body and was thinking it would be cool if Asmus offered a rebate or discount on it to those already owning the Witch King figure. :cool:

We haven't figured out the kind deal will apply on WK for the new body at moment,
but there will be some kind deal for a replacement body for sure

Are there any plans to produce an Easterling soldier? I'd buy multiples if different weapon options were included (long pike/halberd with banner, short spear/axe, scimitar, and bow/arrows).

Interested in other uniform troop builders, as well (Gondor, Uruk-Hai, Elves of both Helm's Deep and the Prologue sequence, etc.), but Easterlings would be my top pick.

Ok going to whine a little bit here. I was checking out the original thread on OSW when this line was announced. 11 months ago it was stated that the Aragon headsculpt was being developed then and you hoped to release some pics soon. On the website under Aragon it's been saying coming soon for many months. Still nothing. Can we expect to see an update anytime soon?

^^^ is Aragorn all you are interested in? Because Asmus said it was going to be awhile for him yet.
No not at all. I have all the ones released and the rest are on preorder. We have not even seen finalized pics of Gandalf even though he is supposed to hit by second quarter. Like I said I just don't want Asmus to possibly have the same issues that SST did.

The human sculpts will be the hardest to do. I believe they will be worth it unless they turn out like the 'night watchman' sculpt.

If Asmus thinks Aragorn needs more work, I hope they continue to hold off on him until he's ready. The line has plenty of momentum going for it with the characters who haven't received 1:6 treatment before. Looking forward to seeing how the Mouth of Sauron is coming along.

This is my first post on this forum so I apologize if I am coming into this conversation very late! Much like most on here I'm very excited to see the progress of this line. I've picked up the morgul lord and have the gothmog on the way. Excited for Gandalf!

I can't wait for more info on Aragorn and the mouth of sauron. I'm curious to see if anyone is interested to see if they will do a arwen? I know sideshow did one, but I want to see a movie accurate piece that actually looks up to par. Not meaning to offend anyone! I have high hopes that they do make one since she's one of my favorite characters. Maybe asmus could shed a little light on this subject? Or if anyone else has heard rumors?

This is my first post on this forum so I apologize if I am coming into this conversation very late! Much like most on here I'm very excited to see the progress of this line. I've picked up the morgul lord and have the gothmog on the way. Excited for Gandalf!

I can't wait for more info on Aragorn and the mouth of sauron. I'm curious to see if anyone is interested to see if they will do a arwen? I know sideshow did one, but I want to see a movie accurate piece that actually looks up to par. Not meaning to offend anyone! I have high hopes that they do make one since she's one of my favorite characters. Maybe asmus could shed a little light on this subject? Or if anyone else has heard rumors?

WELCOME!! :wave

I would love to see Arwen. Asmus has stated they have over 20 figures scheduled so it would be nice to see Arwen. I haven't heard any rumors, maybe someone else has but I would think she could be a possible figure.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm glad someone else agrees! From what I have seen, I think asmus would do the character justice.

Welcome kylemm!

I agree with you, too, I would very much like to get an Arwen figure myself! Galadriel and Eowyn as well, if I may add. No well rounded LoTR line would be complete without these!

Thanks again! :)

Fantastic to see some people pushing for a figure! Have you heard anything from asmus regarding the release time of some any new characters? I'm thinking q3 is going to be the nazgul quarter? So maybe December time for galadrial or Aragorn?

I'm curious to see if anyone is interested to see if they will do a arwen? I know sideshow did one, but I want to see a movie accurate piece that actually looks up to par.

When did Sideshow release an Arwen figure? Statues yes, but a 1/6 figure?

I don't think they did. I just meant more that other companies have covered her before. Weta and sideshow statues.

Back