Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it is ready and approved to be good,
we will develop a piece to make it taller for Morgul Lord
and we will have a special package to buy it in a cheaper way.

Hopefully that will fix WK once and for all

Great news! Can you maybe include an instruction sheet in the package on how to do the swap? My fear would be breaking stuff do to not knowing what I am doing.

NOt sure if this has been posted...but looks like their new body is shaping up!

1491729_10151955222546968_11805575204141130_n.jpg

That looks nice. Also good to hear about the new body they're developing for Witch King. I was about to buy a narrow shoulder and modify it, but I'm not in a rush to display mine and would rather use something with the right proportions out of the box, so I'll wait and see how theirs turns out.

Those hips on that body are going to cause a lot of problems in clothing. Fortunately, most ME characters have a lot of draping items to help cover it. But that old Kaustic body was abandoned because of its unnatural hips.

Those hips on that body are going to cause a lot of problems in clothing. Fortunately, most ME characters have a lot of draping items to help cover it. But that old Kaustic body was abandoned because of its unnatural hips.

I wonder why someone would even make a body with hips like that. A shape like that does nothing but causes problems.

Hmm, now that you mention it, Wor-Gar, I don't know how I missed it. Could definitely see that causing problems with certain characters.

Yeah, for characters in pants, when you tighten the belt the pockets flair out oddly. Creates feminine hips.

Most characters in Middle Earth have some sort of jerkin or robe or something that will hide this for the most part... but its not an ideal body shape for male figures.

So it's a modified Kaustic Plastic body? Or is it a straight up KP body? (But wasn't the KP body the problem with the Witch King the first time? Hopefully they have better QC this time around.)

It's hippy, but it should work fine for robed figures.

For the armored figures, though, I hope they take a page from Sideshow's book and engineer a body that's extra skinny. Sideshow figured that out pretty early on with all of their troopers that you need the body to be extra skinny or it ends up looking way too thick when you add the armor. And with LOTR, there are more layers of clothes, so they'll only look thicker.

So it's a modified Kaustic Plastic body? Or is it a straight up KP body? (But wasn't the KP body the problem with the Witch King the first time? Hopefully they have better QC this time around.)

the original WK body (and Gothmog I think) was a KP body. This is a modified version with new arms it looks like

Yes,
It is still a KP01A body, with adjustment.

The major difference is that we have bought the molds of the body from Kaustic Plastik.
so we now have total control of the mold.

Which mean in the future production,
we will be able to filter the bad ones off, and demand the factory to remake the whole batch if the quality is not satisfied.

In other words, we finally don't have to take whatever we are given...

Hey Asmus, I think my question got buried some ways back, just curious if you know the edition size of the Nazul and Nazgul with steed?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Asmus, I think my question got buried some ways back, just curious if you know the edition size of the Nazul and Nazgul with steed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Wor-Gar,

What do you mean by edition size?
its the box size, or the size of the figure?

The major difference is that we have bought the molds of the body from Kaustic Plastik.
so we now have total control of the mold.

. . .

In other words, we finally don't have to take whatever we are given...

That's got to be a nice feeling and I would think that it is good long term for Asmus on this line and future lines.

Good point and depending on how they decide to make the weapons and armor there are a lot of figures that might have a lot of weight to support. Hopefully when an armored Theoden is made he can maintain a pose with his sord raised in the air. Currently my WK has never had a problem with supporting his sword and armor in 90% of the poses I have put him in. So they could be right that its just the qulaity of the bodies from the manufacturers and not the design itself.

Oh, no, the number of units or pieces for the run of this figure and steed. Like before when you said 900 Gothmogs, 1,000 Gandalfs, etc. Thanks.

HI, I have asked my boss about it.
But it is yet decided, it will be determined by the number of pre-orders.

Normally we will add some on top of the number.

Back