Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arwen is probably on their list, but I imagine its far down the road. Maybe a combo pack with Asfaloth. Would be cool to display with Black Riders in pursuit. They really need to nail the sculpt/paint job, though.

In the meantime, Asmus is doing great things with armored/combat ready characters, so I hope they continue on that track. I'd definitely like to see some Easterlings, Haradrim (including a Mumak Rider), Gondor Soldiers, and Rohirrim.

I think your right. Also the head sculpt would need to be spot on. Not sure what it is about her character that makes her so difficult. Seems most companies haven't been able to replicate her accurately. I would also love to see some easterlings. I think it would be cool to see a few generic soldiers like you said. I'd love to see a eleven warrior as well. Maybe they could do elrond from the sauron battle? Or maybe the eleven general who brings the eleven reinforcements in two towers I believe? Sorry, I can't for the life of me remember his name.

Random question! Have any of you done business with ekia hobbies? I've never heard of them, but they are selling pre orders of the nazgul and steed for 265.

Hi Asmus, do you have plans for a Sauron ? I really like your villains so far, have the WK, pre-ordered the nazguls, Sauron would be a nice companion. Just wondering

Hi,
Can somebody from Asmus (or anybody else?) tell me where I can buy their Leather combo set? In Europe preferably, and not some crazy prices?

Hi Asmus,

Did you get the unit number yet on Nazgul on Steed? Curious how many you guys will be making.
Asmus, you still checking in here?
Just my uneducated guess, but I don't think this early into pre-orders they would want to say, even supposing they know themselves. I'm assuming the final number would be set after release. A ton of people only order once they see in-hand pics, so makes sense to me that Asmus would delay settling on a final number for as long as possible.

Just my uneducated guess, but I don't think this early into pre-orders they would want to say, even supposing they know themselves.

Not sure why, Asmus gave us the breakdown of all the other figure's edition sizes (Witchking, Gothmog, Gandalf, Guritz). Maybe the whole ACI thing has messed up their plans as far as considering what portion of the business ACI will take?

Don't know why companies feel compelled to keep silent about the amount they make. Low numbers seem like a good thing.

When ACI brought out their Roman General they said up front that they were making 1500. It was virtually a PO sell-out.

Not sure why, Asmus gave us the breakdown of all the other figure's edition sizes (Witchking, Gothmog, Gandalf, Guritz). Maybe the whole ACI thing has messed up their plans as far as considering what portion of the business ACI will take?

Don't know why companies feel compelled to keep silent about the amount they make. Low numbers seem like a good thing.
Again, speaking as an uneducated lout, but when did they release the numbers? Early into the run or after it had hit retail?

And unrelated, low numbers are a good thing for collectors, but not for the companies producing the figures.

When ACI brought out their Roman General they said up front that they were making 1500. It was virtually a PO sell-out.
Yes, but is that apples to apples? Generic Roman General vs Nazgul? I'd say there's a vastly smaller audience for the former than the latter.

Again, speaking as an uneducated lout, but when did they release the numbers? Early into the run or after it had hit retail?

Yes, but is that apples to apples? Generic Roman General vs Nazgul? I'd say there's a vastly smaller audience for the former than the latter.

Oh yes, but I was more suggesting in response to Wor-Gar's observation about low numbers being a good thing that a published ES can work in the maker's favour.

Well, they gave those numbers out in this thread (several pages back) a few weeks ago, so WK and Gothmog were out but obviously Guritz and Gandalf just are not and are still at preorder like Nazgul. I wouldn't ask if the Nazgul hadn't gone to preorder.

My comment about low numbers didn't imply that I thought that was a good business model. I meant that if you are going to produce something with a low edition, it seems like it would only help you to promote such low edition size... get people thinking they will miss out. I'm not sure how announcing a low edition could hurt you.

If you look at their other releases they didn't answer the number question until latter in the pre-order process. My guess is they are still guaging how many to make. Unlike maybe Gandalf, Gothmog, Witchking and Gurtiz the Nazgul are ones that could be seen as army builders or at least people may want to buy more than one but they might not be able to pre-order/pay for more than one at a time. Since they probably will not do more than one production run they might be weighing the risk vs reward in producing them in a higher number. Also unlike the others this one will have direct competition from ACI so there is that to factor in too.

Here goes nothing. With the estimated arrival time for Gandalf and Guritz of the 2nd quarter of this year. Do you believe Asmus will be able to hit these times or are these both going to be pushed back?

Yeah, we have got the numbers now.
1300 for Ringwraith and Horse.
We have made 100+ extra on top of the pre-ordered number for in stock sell.
but, yeah, this is the final number.

Any other updates on the line?
Aragorn? Eowyn? etc. News seems to have slowed to a trickle. I hope that doesn't mean the line will stall.

Back