Quentin Tarantino's "Star Trek" - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it would be interesting to find out what the Fonz thinks about it...

Tenacity-Gratitude.jpg

Maybe it'd be at least entertaining and stylish, unlike Jar Jar Abremz' annoying crap.

Yeah, I hardly even remember the last one with the Mummy actress - even though it wasn't done by JJ. Hopefully this one has a lot of personality.

I'm excited to see how this turns out. :)

Wrath of Khan could be amazing for him. But they already done Khan and ruined it.

I just hope it's not another sequel to RebooTrek.

Sorry to tell you that everything I've read about this, it will be in the Kelvin universe.

I'm just wondering which of the episodes this is going to be based on. They've already done Khan, mentioned Mudd and tribbles. Maybe we'll get one hell of a Gorn fight. :lol

There's quite a few I hope they wouldn't do, like the space hippy one. :monkey4

Paramount executives just need to ask one question: would Gene Roddenberry approve?

Sounds like a poor decision for a new look at Trek. I would not watch this movie.

I've seen all of QT's films and enjoy them. Some more than others. Like everyone I can easily think of ways this backfire.

But for a moment I'll give QT the benefit of doubt. He's a geek. He knows his genre films and knows how to mimic a period of time in his films. Jackie Brown looked like it was made in the 70's. That's more difficult than people think, it worked because he has an eye for detail. I'd love to see Trek look more like the 60's again.

So now Star Trek. ST6 famously has to change the color of Klingon blood to purple or else it would have gotten an R. So I'm guessing that's one of the limitations he's asking to have lifted, maybe he wants more realistic violence than a PG will allow. Consider a remake of "Balance of Terror" with the horrors of ship to ship combat.

I'm hoping he's not going to pepper the film with gratuitous F-bombs. That happened on Discovery and it was very out of place.

I doubt a 60's looking Star Trek would fly now. You have to remember they have to appeal to a wider audience now. Young and old.

He directed a CSI and ER episode in the past. I don't recall them being awful.

Wrath of Khan could be amazing for him. But they already done Khan and ruined it.

What ruined it was their choice of actor. The story wasn't bad at all. If you haven't watched it again, do so. I have no idea why they would ever think Cumberbatch was a good choice. Someone must've been dating his sister or something. :lol

I just hope they don't rehash the same "I hate Starfleet, now I will have my vengeance" plot that the last three movies had.

Back