Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the film last night... Have to say I was a bit dissapointed.
It had all the Tarantino ingredients, it just didn't really feel like a Tarantino movie. The story, acting and characters were good, but not outstanding or as memorable as characters from his other films. The music choice had the usual Tarantino style, but it didn't fit here, and the dialogues weren't nearly as sharp and awesome as usual. There were some dumb scenes;

Spoiler Spoiler:

There were some stupid decisions made by certain characters not befitting the personality we've seen them have all movie;

Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all it wasn't a bad film, it just wasn't what I hoped it would be and what I think it could be.

To me Inglourious Basterds remains Tarantino's masterpiece.

Edit: Have to say, I loved this track though:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZtNw2yeBNQ[/ame]

Last edited:
I love Inglourious Basterds, but I find it funny to complain that the music doesn't fit as much in Django Unchained compared to the completely hit-or-miss soundtrack of IG. And I was fine with Schultz finally having enough. He was calculating and collective until the dinner skull scene, but Leo's character and the way he treated his slaves clearly bothered Schultz. He had vulnerabilities. Django, being a product of such treatment, was the hero of the movie anyway and I was happy Tarantino handled him in such a way.

It's too bad Schultz didn't move three steps behind him and hide behind the wall while Django took out the dude with the gun. :lol

It's too bad Schultz didn't move three steps behind him and hide behind the wall while Django took out the dude with the gun. :lol

There was that, well what seemed like 10 seconds of "frozen in time" after Schultz did what he did where every other character was just completely in shock lol (but i wasn't sure if it was real time or just the movie effect). Im not so sure Schultz stepping back would have made the difference because I think there were other guys in the room with Django and they each had a gun. Django took the one gun out the dudes waist and lit into everyone before they shot him. :yess:

Meh. Either way, Schultz deserved a better death. I don't buy that he'd just let them shoot him, or that he wasn't good enough to take them all out in a split-second.

This was finally released here today, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Absolutely loved it :rock

Meh. Either way, Schultz deserved a better death. I don't buy that he'd just let them shoot him, or that he wasn't good enough to take them all out in a split-second.

I thought his death was fine, also i don't think he let them shoot him, the gun on his wrist most likely only contained one bullet (and he was unarmed otherwise), Django used it earlier in the movie and only shot one guy with one bullet, he then ran for the whip to take out the other guy.

I thought his death was fine, also i don't think he let them shoot him, the gun on his wrist most likely only contained one bullet (and he was unarmed otherwise), Django used it earlier in the movie and only shot one guy with one bullet, he then ran for the whip to take out the other guy.

Yup. Very fine points.

And I also don't get the idea that Schultz "losing control" and killing Candie was out of character. Throughout the entire film they hint that Dr. King does not have the stomach for slavery or how slaves are treated. In the very beginning he was unprepared to see the physical damage to Django's ankles and the lashes on his back. He almost blew his cover in front of Calvin Candie two times before finally pulling the trigger, and Django, due to formally being a slave obviously, was the one who truly kept up the act. During the mandingo fight and the dog attack, Schultz's disgust showed on the face of the normally smooth and calculating character. Django kept the ruse true. It makes perfect sense that Calvin would push him pass that point eventually. And he trained Django well.

Last edited:
Back