Statue Queen Studios: DC Comics - Wonder Woman 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
iZ0Wjdo.jpg

nE98bm0.jpg

PXLqUUU.jpg

EZvolyL.jpg

Last edited:
Is this supposed to be a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman? Or just a comic-based Wonder Woman?

I think queen studios is confused the sculpt looks like GG and the costume looks exactly like the movie version more then rebirth or any comic. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. Sure the movie version was based off the rebirth design but its not identical-The only ?comic? portion of the statue is the base lol. Maybe they called it comic to avoid paying for the rights to use the likeness but if they keep it like this they will get sued for sure lol

Ssc’s movie wonder woman pf looks nothing like gg but even they had to pay for the rights lol- this statue looks way more like gg then that one. They will either have to pay or change the sculpt. I just cannot see how they can release this as a comic version without gg or warner being like where is my cut

Prime 1 injustice wonder woman headsculpt is a good example of how to craft a beautiful WW headsculpt that resembles gg but still has a comic vibe and does not copy her likeness to a T like this one.

I think queen studios is confused the sculpt looks like GG and the costume looks exactly like the movie version more then rebirth or any comic. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. Sure the movie version was based off the rebirth design but its not identical-The only ?comic? portion of the statue is the base lol. Maybe they called it comic to avoid paying for the rights to use the likeness but if they keep it like this they will get sued for sure lol

Ssc’s movie wonder woman pf looks nothing like gg but even they had to pay for the rights lol- this statue looks way more like gg then that one. They will either have to pay or change the sculpt. I just cannot see how they can release this as a comic version without gg or warner being like where is my cut

Prime 1 injustice wonder woman headsculpt is a good example of how to craft a beautiful WW headsculpt that resembles gg but still has a comic vibe and does not copy her likeness to a T like this one.
Yeah this is super strange that they're calling this a comic version when it's obviously the movie version. They already have the 1/4 scale license for WW84 since they're making the 1/4 scale golden eagle armor so why isn't this just regular armor version for WW84? That's what I initially thought it was. I don't see how they can sell this as the comic version without getting into legal issues either with every detail of her coming from the movies, down to the buckles on the ends of her leather straps.

Wasn’t it the other way around? I could’ve sworn the movie design came first.

Wasn?t it the other way around? I could?ve sworn the movie design came first.

Even though she wore the short shorts 90% of the time in New 52, there were a few times she wore a skirt like in the Darkseid Wars story line which I beleive was part of the New 52... She also wore a skirt in Justice Leage #36 of the New 52, just to name a couple examples...

Although You could aruge that even though BvS came out in 2016 the costume design might have been done a few years earlier as pictures start production a few years before the movie actually comes out... WW started wearing the skirt in some New 52 comics back at the end of 2014 early 2015... so it's a toss up...

Last edited:
I always thought the comics were inspired by the films, batman's look and batarangs mirrored the Nolanverse in some comics and I assumed the same was the case for WW's costume

I guess I don't mind the slight resemblance to Gal Gadot ...even though this is supposed to be a comic-based 1/4 scale WW statue. As long as the portrait is gorgeous ...and the body sculpt is amazing. And the paint app is exceptional. I'll give it chance ...see if I like it in the end.

Shoo said:
Doesn't it look like Gadot's attire and face, though? I wonder if it's meant to be her.

Well, they've shown this now. Hair looks different, but face and arm position seem to be the same, so I don't dare open a new thread.

kUIXlVs.jpg

edqz2UJ.jpg

EBtfDK8.jpg

That looks amazing, sometimes I hate queen studios lol

So many great statues

The problem with 3D rendering is that the faces are too symmetrical . It's too perfect. Gal Gadot has some asymmetrical shapes , for exemple, the right corner of her mouth is very different and larger than the left one. But I admit it's a very beautiful portrait of the actress.

Back