Statue Queen Studios: DC Comics - Wonder Woman 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to resist but very tempted

Makes me hopeful for black widow which is being revealed soon

Where is the neck seam? Are they only using pictures that hides it?

Well, I went ahead and did it. Made it easy when you’re buying from a standup guy like Todd at SpecFiction and deciding what to use your rewards on.

J0e6rUB.jpg

Deposit: $300
Full Price: $940

I know it is an apples to oranges comparison (different scale, materials) but $940 seems so reasonable after dropping $2,000 on some of the JND pieces.

Does Queen have a limited run on this statue?

Just wondering if the preorder bonus will be available just as long as I preorder anytime during that 3 day window - did not see a number on the description so I assume it is TBD.

need to think about this more before I pull the trigger - I already committed to at least 5 other statues this week (Prime 1 Trex, Frodo/Gollum, Blitzway Bruce Lee, JND Catwoman, SSC Superman Reeves).

Well, I went ahead and did it. Made it easy when you?re buying from a standup guy like Todd at SpecFiction and deciding what to use your rewards on.

Is SpecFic the only US retailer?

I believe SSC and BBTS carry Queen products in the past but I do not see this one listed yet.

It's very, very nice - but I've got Golden Armour WW coming in from JND, and still sort of holding out hope they do a regular armour version also.

For everyone inquiring about the size run, I can give my educated guess from an insider’s point of view. I figure the 3-day limited bonuses are to gauge the initial consumer interest in the statue considering the price. Personally, I find the price reasonable to turning out a production piece close to the proto. After the initial pre-order numbers, I figure they’ll settle on an edition size. At times, even when edition sizes are announced, they often change according to production.

This turned out great! I wonder if all their 1/4 pieces will be like this one meaning dynamic poses with a switch-out comic inspired headsculpt along with an actor likeness sculpt.

I would hope so, though the 1/4 Ledger Joker isn't like that. A big reason I passed on that and opted for the P1 is that I found the base and pose to be boring.

If most of their DC pieces are like this WW though, maybe I'd pick one up later on down the line of a character I really like... who knows.

I'd have no issues with the price as long as the pics look as good as the proto. The clear pics on their site look amazing

I would hope so, though the 1/4 Ledger Joker isn't like that. A big reason I passed on that and opted for the P1 is that I found the base and pose to be boring.

If most of their DC pieces are like this WW though, maybe I'd pick one up later on down the line of a character I really like... who knows.

yea I feel you. I like the p1 as well, but I can see why the QS 1/4 Ledger doesn't have a comic portrait. It just wouldn't go for that. But for WW, they actually changer her outfit in the comics to match closer to Gal's movie costume for a time so it's definitely easier to have a comic portrait with this one.

I really like WW. I've collected her comics for awhile, but I'm just not usually a fan of dynamic poses no matter how good they look. I'm more of a museum pose kind of collector. Even my 1/6 stuff tends to stay in museum poses except for my comic Joker.

I think the price is justified if it looks like this

I agree. I mean looking at the paint apps on the portraits for Iron Studios 1/4 Endgame Cap and Iron Man, they aren't that great for the price they're charging which isn't far off from this. They're clean but not very realistic.

I agree. I mean looking at the paint apps on the portraits for Iron Studios 1/4 Endgame Cap and Iron Man, they aren't that great for the price they're charging which isn't far off from this. They're clean but not very realistic.

Are you comparing prototype to prototype, or production pieces to a prototype?

Are you comparing prototype to prototype, or production pieces to a prototype?

Can't really compare production pieces yet since this isn't out yet, so we can go proto to proto. And even at that, I still feel that while IS paint is clean, it's not very realistic. Even more so proved by the production pieces I've seen both in photos and at my local shop of Cap. it's the main thing that's kept me from ordering one even though I think overall it's probably the best Evan's Cap piece currently available. Of course, we don't really know what the final paint apps will look like on this piece which is why I agreed with the "if" statement that generalszabo made. So, if the production piece is as good as the proto then the price is worth it. My comparison to IS was merely to state that even comparable pieces like IS 1/4 Cap who don't have very realistic end product paint on the portraits, have similar price tags and ppl still think they're worth it so this WW shouldn't be that different. Not sure if all that makes sense :lol

Agreed, you should get what you pay for, the price of this is about right IMO as queen release quality products, and don't charge extortionate prices, life size busts aside lol

Haven't been following this since the initial 3D unpainted views. Saw this today for the first time and it was insta order. Really hope they do the whole trinity.

Back