Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

All these pics of Kirk holding a "model" Enterprise remind me of this...
f09e22f818e22b074df00065eef7ffe9.jpg

It's ok.... It's bigger on the inside... !!

Throughout his stellar career as a starship Captain, Jim Kirk has carried the weight of the ship and it's crew on his shoulders. ��
Great pic! Reminds me of Atlas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I acquired the Threezero Tyrion Lanister right before Kirk arrived. So, I was compelled to do this. :)

15ef5cc3184437ef1d251c22f45ef022.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can I share these pictures? Please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The battle for 60's TV!
SpockBatman.jpg

Great one Jaymas!

Got my Kirk exclusive today, and other than a couple of very minor nits (a loose ankle joint being the main one), QMX has pretty much knocked this out of the park. Finally a young Kirk who actually looks like Shatner! Special kudos on the accessories, too. So damn nice.

I'm still waiting for the Spock to become available locally (couldn't justify 25% more than local regular price just for the harp, nice as it looked), and as soon as he does he'll be an instant purchase. Roll on McCoy (my favourite) and Scotty! :hi5:

it will be!! I know it!!! but don't know when!! WANT!!!!!!

Trying a different pose for Kirk and Spock, trying to find the set up I like best...
Untitled2.jpg

"Kirk to Enterprise.
The security team is dead...again,but I've secured the area with a few well placed karate chops,
right hooks,drop kicks and a mess of spent phaser power packs.
The indigenous life have take to worshipping as some sort of fertility god,
I can only conclude they're highly evolved and intelligent.
Triangulate on my position and scan for Orion slave women in a five mile radius and beam them to my quarters.
Kirk out."
image.jpg

Finally an awesome 1/6 Kirk with a badazz phaser rifle on my shelf.
(Only took 50 years. Why, I have no idea)
QMx did a great job.
The details on the weapons and that metal communicator cover are just superb.
However as mentioned before the magnets are inexplicably weak and frustrating.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm definitely going to try to find some stronger magnets for my figures. Although I suspect the real problem is with the size of the magnet imbedded in the phaser, which just isn't big enough for the weight it has to hold up.

As far as I know, there are no magnets in the uniforms, just metal plates for the magnets in the props to stick to. That's why I'll be putting a couple of tiny rare earth magnets behind the plates in the pants to increase the attraction between the two.....

Decided to try a few small modifications on mine. I darkened the lower portion of Kirk's hair (i.e. the real hair under his toupee ;)), inserted a bit of extra padding to broaden his chest, and lifted up the belly a bit since it felt like it was sitting a bit low to me.

On Spock I touched up some of the paint in and around his eyes, darkened his upper lip to make it appear a bit wider and more prominent like it does in photos, and made the hair at the temples fade in a bit more naturally (as their solid brown paint was just making his forehead look way too narrow). I also dremeled the body down quite a bit to make him look a bit leaner and less bulgy and muscular like Kirk.

Obviously I know the figures already look amazing out of the box and none of this was really necessary, but I still find myself liking them just a tiny bit more now. :)

20160804_224329 (722x850).jpg

20160804_223942 (486x850).jpg

image_7400_-1838281035 (581x900).jpg

image_7399_-1012013373 (560x900).jpg

Decided to try a few small modifications on mine. I darkened the lower portion of Kirk's hair (i.e. the real hair under his toupee ;)), inserted a bit of extra padding to broaden his chest, and lifted up the belly a bit since it felt like it was sitting a bit low to me.

On Spock I touched up some of the paint in and around his eyes, darkened his upper lip to make it appear a bit wider and more prominent like it does in photos, and made the hair at the temples fade in a bit more naturally (as their solid brown paint was just making his forehead look way too narrow). I also dremeled the body down quite a bit to make him look a bit leaner and less bulgy and muscular like Kirk.

Obviously I know the figures already look amazing out of the box and none of this was really necessary, but I still find myself liking them just a tiny bit more now. :)

View attachment 283564

View attachment 283565

View attachment 283566

View attachment 283567

Great work buddy!

Here's hoping that we Brits get the news we've been waiting for today..... That Jim and Spock have made it to our shores and are ready to be shipped out! Hopefully just a few more days now!

Here's hoping that we Brits get the news we've been waiting for today..... That Jim and Spock have made it to our shores and are ready to be shipped out! Hopefully just a few more days now!
Aaron replied to my email yesterday saying that next week I'll be with the figures in hand (I'm in Spain).
I believe it's an indication they should be ready to be shipped by now...hopefully!

Enviado de meu GT-I9515L usando Tapatalk

Back