Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Thanks, yea I did. It's just thinner and the collar doesn't have as much material as Kirk's collar.

Your Kirk also looks like it may have some extra material compared the other figures in other photos... Might need to change out both shirts.

Yeah the collar on my Kirk is a lot thicker as well, and reminds me more of his look in WNMHGB where those collars were a lot thicker. Spock's thinner collar is more consistent with the later episodes, and the one I actually prefer. But it's not really that big a deal in the end.

Jaymas, did you try to pull Spock's collar up on his neck? If you move his head around, the collar has a tendency of pulling down and even sucked under his neck joint. I had to make sure to pull the collar up after posing his head.
Great pic btw!
Thanks, yea I did. It's just thinner and the collar doesn't have as much material as Kirk's collar.
Your Kirk also looks like it may have some extra material compared the other figures in other photos... Might need to change out both shirts.
Yeah the collar on my Kirk is a lot thicker as well, and reminds me more of his look in WNMHGB where those collars were a lot thicker. Spock's thinner collar is more consistent with the later episodes, and the one I actually prefer. But it's not really that big a deal in the end.

Update: Ok, I was wrong about Spock's collar being thinner. I decided to mess it with it more and found that it was kind of rolled up tight inside and working with it I was able to pull it our some so it is closer to width of Kirk's collar. I am happier now that they are more 'uniform', looking close to the same. I did wonder if I stretched the shirt some working with it though because the crease in Spock's shirt along Spock's collarbone looks more distinct than I remember, but looking back at an old pick of mine and a few other people's that seems to be there. I may have made it worse, but I don't think I caused it. Either Way Kirk's shirt hangs more flat under the neck than Spock's. Here is an updated picture (sorry still a crappy cell phone pic)...
KirkSpockFigures.jpg

Also, I noticed in the pic that the smudge under Kirk's nose is visible...
kirkSmudge.jpg

Maybe it's a super rare Columbo exclusive Shatner?

:rotfl Well played!

Not sure, if I should just live with it, try to remove it or ask for a replacement. Unless they are all that way and it just doesn't show up in pictures I would prefer not to have Kirk with a 'Columbo mustache'.

It would annoy me to know he wasn't as he should be, so maybe see what they say about it?

Yea, I'll give them a call, I bought directly from Quantum Mechanix website so hopefully that helps. These are my first figures I have bought from them and hope their customer services is good.

I really love these figures! I just can't unsee the smudge under Kirk's nose. It's such a perfect sculpt but the line under his nose really takes away from it.

Yea, I'll give them a call, I bought directly from Quantum Mechanix website so hopefully that helps. These are my first figures I have bought from them and hope their customer services is good.

I really love these figures! I just can't unsee the smudge under Kirk's nose. It's such a perfect sculpt but the line under his nose really takes away from it.

Perhaps you could ask them if you could try cleaning it with a bit of water, but they'd have your back should it need replacing?

ScreamingMetal, I just joined the OSW forum and saw your photo of Kirk with Leia, gotta say classic. Great photo!

Good idea! Thanks.

Thanks

You could try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but otherwise, I would insist on a new sculpt myself. That would bother me too.

Just got these two in; figures of the year for me. I got lucky with the USPS. No dings on the outer shipper! Thank you Nanjin and Qmx for making these a reality!

Just got these two in; figures of the year for me.

I agree! I'm still waiting to hit up PetSmart or some aquarium store to buy some colorful coral props and make a dio with these awesome figs.

That is a great idea! I was in pet smart today getting supplies for my daughters gecko. Never thought of aquarium items for props. :hi5:

That is a great idea! I was in pet smart today getting supplies for my daughters gecko. Never thought of aquarium items for props. :hi5:

You can find some very cool plants like curling ferns in various colors in the reptile department!

Check out Michael Crawford's reviews for the Mezco and QMX figs. He uses aquarium props and they look great.

I used them a long time ago for a Bioshock diorama.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that we'll have them in hand here in the uk in a week's time. It's gonna be a looooooong week!

I received them last night.

Honestly, I was more than impressed. In pics, the glossy Spock paint/plastic, and the shirts "billowing" at the waist worried me a little - but in hand, they are completely not a factor. The likenesses are perfect, the clothing is great (the only drawback might be the rank braid, but I don't see a different solution being possible), the accessories are amazing - they're just great overall figures, and leave me really excited to get whatever else QMX and Nanjin come up with!

The only drawbacks I could see are 1) the magnets not holding well, and 2) the lack of moire decals on the communicator and tricorder. Other than that, I have no complaints.

These now have the distinction of being my favorite figures in my collection - and that includes plenty of way-more-expensive Hot Toys!

My local shop did not carry these sadly. I ordered directly through Qmx for both exclusives and picked them up in the States on the weekend. I took Spock into my local shot to show the Manager; he was blown away, and will now carry these and future offerings from Qmx.

I echo your thoughts capt'n these are among my top 5 1:6 collectibles in my 100+ collection!

Check out Michael Crawford's reviews for the Mezco and QMX figs. He uses aquarium props and they look great.

I used them a long time ago for a Bioshock diorama.

Yep, the work great for alien landscapes.

inigou posted this pic on insta. hope it's ok to repost here!!
image.jpeg

20160730_183555.jpg

My first sixth scale figure from my favorite franchise. Saving for Spock. Can't wait for more

Back