QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, the wait is over! Some announcements will be made soon by HQ [emoji6]

I have started my work as of Monday [emoji110]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Wow, a reissue of TOS Kirk and Spock would be the nicest thing anyone can do for me! To preserve the collectibility of the earlier standard and exclusive releases, why not make these at the barest minimum, with a phaser, communicator and tricorder for Spock, no belt, no other accessories or extras? Go even as far as packaging them on blister cards, Mego style! They can even have the same price points of the earlier versions and fans will still rush to snap them up!

Does anyone have the QMX Picard as well as the old Dragon TNG Data and Worf figures? I wondered how they looked side by side. The paint apps on the Dragon ones are obviously not up to QMX's, but as both characters are so heavily made up, it might not matter as much.

They need to release a Mirror Mirror Kirk with a regular Tunic and boots as as exclusive. There you have a new Kirk that will cover the needs of the people that missed out on him before

Wondered if QMX will release anymore TOS ?

TWOK has been on the shelf for ages and nothing
new has been released for TOS this year?

Marine Boy – Yes, I do. Everything about the QMX Picard is noticeably superior, from the sculpting to the painting to the tailoring to the badges to the articulation, except for the accessories and the fact that the Dragon uniforms are color-fast. That said, if Picard is the focus of the display, the difference isn’t distractingly obvious. Here are a few pictures of them together:

QMX Picard Dragon Data and Worf.jpg

QMX Picard Dragon Data and Worf close up.jpg

Thanks for that. They don't look too bad together, considering their age. The bodies can be easily swapped out for better ones and i can pad out / restitch the uniforms for a better fit. Might pick them up if i spot a good deal on them, seeing as the QMX ones are going to be quite a long wait (if ever). The prototypes were shown over 2 years ago.

I'm happy to - and I love that little doll Riker pulls out. But depending on how much you're willing to fudge the likenesses (and based on what heads are on the market), you could potentially pad out the crew with Geordi, Will, maybe even Wesley, if you were so inclined. The Dragon figures come with enough stuff to supply a few extra phasers or tricorders. Heck, even the old Playmates Troi uniform can fit in, if you have a decent head for her (obviously, I don't).

QMX Picard Dragon Data and placeholder Geordi and Deanna.jpg

You can actually get decent 1/6 headsculpts of Worf, Troi, Riker, Data, and Geordi - if you're willing to do a little work. The old 1/6 GEOmetric model kits of the TNG characters are actually pretty good likenesses. But you'd have to cut off the heads, do a little sculpting work at the neck joint and add a ball joint pulled from another headsculpt to make them work. I did them all a few years back (though they've all since been taken apart) and they turned out pretty decent.

I will say Data and Geordi's heads seem a bit small - they had to go on smaller bodies, and Worf's pretty big, but there's plenty of options out there for larger males.

Will have to check out those old vinyl kits. With a bit of effort, it's possible to make up most of the main cast. I'm basically going by the assumption, that any future QMX TNG figures are a long ways off.

Finally got around to replacing Spock's body. After looking around for a suitable body, I ended up Frankensteining two bodies; a ttm-18 clone upper body and ttm-21 lower as the legs were too short and skinny on the 18. Needed 1/4" ankle extenders to get him to 12".

Really happy with the results, I just wish I had the skill and/or the balls to try to take the shirt in a little.

5415b1865272aeb9038f51143173e1bd.jpg

79ec7fea0c4fb7b4ca8f3ce113e4c22b.jpg

Back