QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd freakin love a TMP Kirk, but unfortunately I get the sense that's just another personal project for Nanjin.

It's the 40th Anniversary of TMP coming so I think Nanjin is hoping to persuade them that it's a good time to release a second Kirk. I think the TWOK Kirk will probably be more popular so maybe nothing will come of it but if they go there, I'm buying.

There are so many Star Trek characters and villains and aliens and allies and iterations of different eras from different shows/movies, and a multitude of uniform versions out there -- that Star Trek 6th-scale could take literally 40 years to complete. I don't think there are enough Nanjins out there to complete the task. Nobody loves Star Trek quite like he does. I love what he's done so far, and I'm looking forward to anything of ST he can help bring to market. TMP uniforms are probably my favorite movie uniforms simply because they are closest to TOS in style and tone and in-line with the ethos of Star Trek. While I do like the monster maroons, they just seem way more haughty/militaristic, etc. -- the opposite of what ST's core message really is. But whatever... all the uniforms have their pros and cons. So, long story short -- bring on TMP uniforms in 6th-scale -- if you can!

I agree with al that was said above.
A couple of years back I had lunch with Nanjin and he showed me a lot of his ideas , and I can confirm, he’s the biggest fan of Trek I’ve ever had the good fortune to spend time with (and I’ve worked with a number of the cast and crew).
TMP seems to have had the worst of the press, but I love it. Couldn’t wait to see it at the cinema back in the day, and did, several times. I had an American friend at my school in Scotland who would always come along with me. Great times: and the local cinema giving me the poster after they finished showing it was the icing on the cake.
So yes, I am all for a TMP Kirk. Ok, i will order anything that comes out, but I need a TMP Kirk on my shelf, badly!!

Realistically, the most I think I can hope for is Kirk, Spock, and Ilia Probe, although Decker on top would be amazing, the probe has a really simple costume, no hair, and no real accessories so the cost might be kept down.

If it's possible to find a way to produce the belts and the badges, I could certainly live with a simplified uniform using the standard black boots instead of all in one shoes and shoulder epaulets instead of sleeve braids to make any uniforms more cookie cutter. More Phase II hybrid than screen accurate.

Since Rand had an all in one uniform as a CPO, I suppose I could have a go at her first to see how I feel but it might be better to wait to see how Nanjin resolves attaching the buckle first.

Realistically, the most I think I can hope for is Kirk, Spock, and Ilia Probe, although Decker on top would be amazing, the probe has a really simple costume, no hair, and no real accessories so the cost might be kept down.

If it's possible to find a way to produce the belts and the badges, I could certainly live with a simplified uniform using the standard black boots instead of all in one shoes and shoulder epaulets instead of sleeve braids to make any uniforms more cookie cutter. More Phase II hybrid than screen accurate.

Since Rand had an all in one uniform as a CPO, I suppose I could have a go at her first to see how I feel but it might be better to wait to see how Nanjin resolves attaching the buckle first.

I don't think a Decker is possible given the history of the actor.

I keep seeing the prices that the Kirk and Spock go for and I'm tempted to sell mine. Where I had space allocated to TOS, TNG, and TWOK, it's quickly being taken up by other IPs made by other companies that are putting product at a steady pace. I have a nice little display of TOS up with props and the Enterprise, but I keep feeling disappointed that the rest of the crew anytime soon, and have no faith TNG will ever be completed.

I don't think a Decker is possible given the history of the actor.

I keep seeing the prices that the Kirk and Spock go for and I'm tempted to sell mine. Where I had space allocated to TOS, TNG, and TWOK, it's quickly being taken up by other IPs made by other companies that are putting product at a steady pace. I have a nice little display of TOS up with props and the Enterprise, but I keep feeling disappointed that the rest of the crew anytime soon, and have no faith TNG will ever be completed.

Yes, Decker would have been a low priority figure for most, even if there had been no scandal but I will feel a TMP collection is incomplete without one. Chapel is way ahead of him for me though and I think it's unlikely we'll get her either unless they decide to do one figure with three costumes and interchangeable hair. :-D

It has been a long wait for Scotty though, it's true!

Yes, Decker would have been a low priority figure for most, even if there had been no scandal but I will feel a TMP collection is incomplete without one. Chapel is way ahead of him for me though and I think it's unlikely we'll get her either unless they decide to do one figure with three costumes and interchangeable hair. :-D

It has been a long wait for Scotty though, it's true!

What scandal was he in?

Damn, that was a tough read.
Thankfully, it always stopped short of molestation.

It was very interesting to read how he sees the whole thing, and how he explains it. Very open and very frank.
But yeah, no way a figure of Deckard will ever be made. Not that I'd want one anyway.

I'm holding off from purchasing a Dr. McCoy in fear of ending up with just him, as I want the entire bridge crew or at least what QMX can release, while Spock is still available even at a wallet hurting price, the Kirk figure is of the wall plum crazy price, does anyone know if the Kirk and Spock figures will be re-released as I'm sure plenty of collectors missed them first time round.

Yikes, I was afraid of that, it looks like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet on McCoy as he is just going to go up in price like the other two, infact I will just have to accept the raw deal and end up purchasing the original two as well, as the demand will rise and so will the price.

I am curious why it would take QMX years if that to re-release the Kirk figure are they in financial trouble or have they lost the license for Trek.

The way I see it there are a minimum three types of collectors for these figures, those that will buy just the Captains, those that will place Kirk on his captains chair and have Spock and Bones on either side and those that want the entire bridge crew and maybe beyond. That means QMX should release a Kirk figure three times while Spock and Bones twice during the whole TOS franchise, part of their business plan should be to gauge how many collectors for each as I doubt that the later figures would sell well if collectors struggle to get the early figures.

Just seeing the demand fir TOS Kirk and the crazy amounts people are paying, yeah, I don’t see why a company won’t opt to make more because it would be like printing money.

Because apparently there are people in this hobby who think the value of their figures are less because there are more of the same. So if they make a new Kirk it must be a different one. I think everyone that wants a Kirk should have one!

Because apparently there are people in this hobby who think the value of their figures are less because there are more of the same. So if they make a new Kirk it must be a different one. I think everyone that wants a Kirk should have one!

Yes! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They know they need to release new Kirk and Spock figures. Nanjin certainly wants to make sure that the rest of the crew are released in between. I think too much negativity becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Support the franchise and take a chance. It may take years but it's taken 52 years to get this far. Don't blow it!

Back