QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the S1 wrap looked fitted and lean/mean on the in-shape Bill Shatner circa 1966. I always preferred the tan leather phaser belts and I just love that you included them. There's a cool wild west connotation to those, as we all know because it's a good visual association kind of thing to the many popular westerns on TV at the time. I'm sure the studio liked it like that. It doesn't bother me a bit that the S3 uniforms the figures wear have the S1 belt as an accessory. Most fans probably wouldn't even know, or notice for that matter. It's a cool accessory to have! The S3-style uniforms you chose are the best option IMHO. They were the best-looking versions because the fabric was nicer, and velour doesn't age well and tends to look "fuzzy". You chose wisely. One obvious consideration for making the green tunic is what kind of fabric to use. I assume the actual costume was velour like the standard S1/S2 tunics? Good news on the shoulder braids now being a possibility! Hopefully there will be S2 with optional S1 green wraparound Kirk with that whimsical expression in our near futures. As always I look forward to your next ST release. :wink1:

I, too, like the S1 green tunic as in Enemy Within when Captain Kirk Love handles were not so obvious. With this Green wrap, we can put the S1 belt into good use.

It was kind of strange to have S3 uniform with a S1 belt. The S1 Green couldnt be done before, but now it can because we have a new way to do the braids.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

So I just got wind of the casting problems with the next Star Trek film. It'll be really interesting to see if they attempt to proceed without Pine. To think, how many things did we get with Shatner and never a recasting? Maybe they'll use this opportunity to double back down into the TV spectrum and put more force behind the Picard series. I suppose the Kelvin era stuff is defunct with QMX at this point anyway, so it doesn't matter much here.

So I just got wind of the casting problems with the next Star Trek film. It'll be really interesting to see if they attempt to proceed without Pine. To think, how many things did we get with Shatner and never a recasting? Maybe they'll use this opportunity to double back down into the TV spectrum and put more force behind the Picard series. I suppose the Kelvin era stuff is defunct with QMX at this point anyway, so it doesn't matter much here.

I'd be pretty skeptical if they moved forward without him, personally. It's tough to imagine the entire crew being the same and a recast captain. And I don't see how you make a Trek movie without Captain Kirk. Funny enough, I assumed Zoe Saldana would be the problem...she's pretty huge now. But they could make it without Uhura. Kirk...eh...no.

There's no way they can move forward without Pine.
They will have to come to some sort of compromise, and I think JJ should have enough clout to get the studio to agree.

There's no way they can move forward without Pine.
They will have to come to some sort of compromise, and I think JJ should have enough clout to get the studio to agree.

Looking at the the whole situation from a cynical point of view, it looks to me as if the negotiations ended up being a **** measuring contest as to who's bigger box office. I think Chris Pine's version of Kirk is brilliant and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't return, but the simple fact is, in the public consciousness, Hemsworh is much, much bigger. It's ironic, as the 2009 film broke him into Hollywood, but as soon as he landed Thor, there was no way you were getting him back for a reasonable price. Yes, Pine was in Wonder Woman, which was a mega hit, but he was just second lead, and shouldn't be basing his negotiations on that movies BO, nobody (or at least very few) people were going to that movie to see him. In an ideal world, Pine should realise he's not quite as big as Hemsworth, and Thor should have given Trek a break, like Trek gave him one.

Looking at the the whole situation from a cynical point of view, it looks to me as if the negotiations ended up being a **** measuring contest as to who's bigger box office. I think Chris Pine's version of Kirk is brilliant and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't return, but the simple fact is, in the public consciousness, Hemsworh is much, much bigger. It's ironic, as the 2009 film broke him into Hollywood, but as soon as he landed Thor, there was no way you were getting him back for a reasonable price. Yes, Pine was in Wonder Woman, which was a mega hit, but he was just second lead, and shouldn't be basing his negotiations on that movies BO, nobody (or at least very few) people were going to that movie to see him. In an ideal world, Pine should realise he's not quite as big as Hemsworth, and Thor should have given Trek a break, like Trek gave him one.

No, no that's not what I got from it. It wasn't Chris vs. Chris, it was that they both signed contracts for Star Trek IV and now the studio wanted them to renegotiate LOWER because Beyond didn't do so well and they don't want to budget the movie as high. And so the renegotiations started, and both Chrises felt that the studio was trying to underpay them. Nowhere did I read that the Chrises tried to squeeze more money out of their initial contract. But those contracts were signed under a different studio head, so it's no surprise the new folks might want to go in a different direction.

From what I can tell it's being reported in wildly differing ways depending on where you read the story, I haven't had too much time to go into it thoroughly so I'm sure you're right. Seems like a lot of shady sites wanting to spin it as Hollywood shenanigans. I hope it gets sorted out, because this plot line has been brewing for some years now, ever since Hemsworth got really big. I guess we'll see what happens.

P.S. as I was writing this the Discovery Spock news broke. I for one am delighted. I think that Quinto was brilliant in the films, but bringing him into someone else's show would have been too distracting. Glad they've gone with a (relative) unknown.

Yeah, I never thought they would add Quinto. Not to mention the fact that CBS/Paramount are still at odds, right? I wouldn't be surprised if Quinto wouldn't be ALLOWED to portray Spock even if he/they wanted to.

The guy LOOKS good enough, but we'll see how it plays out. So far I'm cautiously optimistic on Mount as Pike, who looks like he'll have a much bigger role than Spock.

If only they could get rid of those hideous collars on the uniforms...which look even worse in the TOS-style since they stand out more.

The new guy for Spock definitely looks the part. I'm still not really on board with Disco, yet, but I might watch for Spock to see how Ethan Peck does.

What I'd really like to see from QMX is some DS9 figures. I watched 'Sacrifice of Angels' for the first time last night. What an episode that was!

I'd especially like an Odo figure. I'd say Odo's definitely my favorite Trek character.

Yeah DS9 had tons of great space battles and action episodes. I think my favorites when it came to that were The Search, Way of the Warrior, and Sacrifice of Angels (or basically anything involving the Defiant). :D

And Odo would make for a very cool figure, especially if it included some kind of shapeshifting accessory, like perhaps a translucent shapeshifting arm that fits over the regular one.

especially if it included some kind of shapeshifting accessory, like perhaps a translucent shapeshifting arm that fits over the regular one.

ha That'd be awesome. Good idea!

Star Trek just has so many quality characters. I wish some company would come along and produce a wide selection of figures. Not just Kirk, Spock and Picard (nothing against them) I had high hopes for the McFarlane stuff, especially since Todd said he was gonna do everyone he could, but the line seems to have fizzled, unfortunately. Regardless, their Kirk and Picard offerings look great, so I'll probably pick those up.

Yeah, I never thought they would add Quinto. Not to mention the fact that CBS/Paramount are still at odds, right? I wouldn't be surprised if Quinto wouldn't be ALLOWED to portray Spock even if he/they wanted to.

The guy LOOKS good enough, but we'll see how it plays out. So far I'm cautiously optimistic on Mount as Pike, who looks like he'll have a much bigger role than Spock.

If only they could get rid of those hideous collars on the uniforms...which look even worse in the TOS-style since they stand out more.
They are too “neat” [emoji23] I have that “chefs” feeling again (like TMP pajamas 🤣)

The new guy for Spock definitely looks the part. I'm still not really on board with Disco, yet, but I might watch for Spock to see how Ethan Peck does.

What I'd really like to see from QMX is some DS9 figures. I watched 'Sacrifice of Angels' for the first time last night. What an episode that was!

I'd especially like an Odo figure. I'd say Odo's definitely my favorite Trek character.
I want to make Sisko.... Jadzia (Spock's daughter in law).... in FContact Starfleet War Time uniforms....[emoji4]

20180817_005303.jpg

I put Kirk on a coo model body. Word was his neck might be too short so swapped connector but I think maybe it looks a bit long now? He's just fractionally shorter than McCoy now.

This was the way I heard about Mount as Pike. I love Anson Mount, and while I'm sure he'll deliver a quality performance, it guts me to know that it severely gimps his chances at playing Geralt in the Netflix Witcher adaptation. He's been my running cast for the role for a long time.

Back