QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as long as they avoid Chapel's awful wigs from season one. In the Naked time, she looks like she has a squirrel stapled to her head. I want a brunette Chapel but I'm quite happy to paint her hair myself.
Speaking of "The Naked Time"...

green blood.jpg

Wow, it even has the lighting for the under console recesses!
I think at the very least the should make the science station and the helm, though once they make Uhura, they'll have to also make communications since they didn't really let her go anywhere else during most episodes except the rec room. Maybe QMX should release their Uhura glued to her chair? :lol

Making the helm is the logical step. Sulu has already been announced, with Chekov likely to happen. Makes sense to give them somewhere to sit. As much as i'd like portions of the surrounding bridge, most people won't have the space for it.

My current projects. When finished the shuttlecraft will only be the left side and will be able to hang it from my garage wall

My helm

My current projects. When finished the shuttlecraft will only be the left side and will be able to hang it from my garage wall

My helm

Insanely long shot here, but is there any way at all you could give me either the dimensions, or some templates for that helm the I could convert to One:12 scale (I don't have space to go beyond the chair in 1:6!)

Not completely on topic but has anyone pre-ordered the Star Trek Mission Crate by Loot Crate? They’re partnering with QMX. Kinda curious what it will all have. They’ve revealed one item is a 6” Locutus figure by QMX. Pre-orders were supposed to be cut off on November 15th but they sent an email that they’re extending it to January 15th and it’ll ship soon after. Loot Crate has been a crapshoot in the past for me but I’m mainly interested due to it being an all Star Trek box.

Not completely on topic but has anyone pre-ordered the Star Trek Mission Crate by Loot Crate? They’re partnering with QMX. Kinda curious what it will all have. They’ve revealed one item is a 6” Locutus figure by QMX. Pre-orders were supposed to be cut off on November 15th but they sent an email that they’re extending it to January 15th and it’ll ship soon after. Loot Crate has been a crapshoot in the past for me but I’m mainly interested due to it being an all Star Trek box.

any photos of this six inch Locutus figure?

Absolutely incredible display. The helm to go with the captain's chair would be most welcome to start. Everybody buy Kirk's chair, so QMX can make it happen! :wink1:

Hard to justify buying such an expensive chair for a line of dolls that are completely sold out. I guess if you have old Playmates dolls you can use it but really, the business strategy to go into a holiday with no more Kirk and Spocks available and expect people to pony up for the chair is pretty dumb. This line is obviously boutique for a small audience which is fitting; they must be a small company because they dont answer their emails. Kudos to anyone who got in on this line in the begining but for those of us who were late to the party, it seems we are out of luck. And if future fans can't get the big three and the company is already announcing a limited run of the first villain, I don't see the market support for any other big display pieces (helm, science station) or secondary characters beyond a Klingon with multiple heads (Kang, Kor, Koloth, etc.). These are sad times for classic Trek.

Hard to justify buying such an expensive chair for a line of dolls that are completely sold out. I guess if you have old Playmates dolls you can use it but really, the business strategy to go into a holiday with no more Kirk and Spocks available and expect people to pony up for the chair is pretty dumb. This line is obviously boutique for a small audience which is fitting; they must be a small company because they dont answer their emails. Kudos to anyone who got in on this line in the begining but for those of us who were late to the party, it seems we are out of luck. And if future fans can't get the big three and the company is already announcing a limited run of the first villain, I don't see the market support for any other big display pieces (helm, science station) or secondary characters beyond a Klingon with multiple heads (Kang, Kor, Koloth, etc.). These are sad times for classic Trek.

Nanjin hinted that QMX might make the wraparound uniform variant of Kirk. You could pick up that to display with the command chair.

What is best US option to purchase Khan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Direct from QMX. If there's an exclusive accessory or if the entire figure is exclusive it'll be available from them and no where else for the US:
https://qmxonline.com/products/star-trek-tos-khan-1-6-scale-articulated-figure
Also if there ever was a problem, it's easier to get help directly from them.
Ther's the possibility of Sideshow carrying it, they have reward points for purchases and you can also easily get help with a problem, but I'm not sure if Khan is an exclusive to QMX.

Um, welcome to 1/6 figure collecting. There is always a short window of time within which you need to buy any new figure, or otherwise you simply miss out and have to resort to hunting them down on eBay or elsewhere. These companies aren't going to have unlimited quantities of figures just sitting around for years and years. And in fact it seemed to me the Kirk and Spock figures were available for quite a long while.

Back