QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope these versions are in the works.

uApht.jpg

[emoji91]Would be a nice 2 pack[emoji91]

Agreed, just could get a bit pricey.
Threezeros done a nice job though

A custom done by the right person will be very expensive. For this one I will take the sculpted hair cause it looks great. Now, for Wrath of Khan the proto had rooted, so we shall see how it turns out. QMX will be put to the test for Older Khan. I liked the proto, so high hopes.

I haven't actually seen the 3Zero Hound in person yet, but I will eventually cause he is sitting in my POL at BBTS. From the pics I have seen it looks alright. Not horrible, but not amazing either. The overall figure looks fantastic though and looking forward to getting that one.

A custom done by the right person will be very expensive. For this one I will take the sculpted hair cause it looks great. Now, for Wrath of Khan the proto had rooted, so we shall see how it turns out. QMX will be put to the test for Older Khan. I liked the proto, so high hopes.

I haven't actually seen the 3Zero Hound in person yet, but I will eventually cause he is sitting in my POL at BBTS. From the pics I have seen it looks alright. Not horrible, but not amazing either. The overall figure looks fantastic though and looking forward to getting that one.

I have the hound and he looks great.
Amazing for a massed produced figure

I've seen this in person and the sculpted hair looks great. I don't think short hair like works well rooted. It's a pain to maintain - especially with a braid or ponytail.

Side note; I did a review of The Hound on Exclucollective.com. (https://bit.ly/2y91FLO). He's a great figure - with a couple exceptions. The hair is good but takes a lot of work to give it the sweaty, matted look he has on the show.

I've seen this in person and the sculpted hair looks great. I don't think short hair like works well rooted. It's a pain to maintain - especially with a braid or ponytail.

Side note; I did a review of The Hound on Exclucollective.com. (https://bit.ly/2y91FLO). He's a great figure - with a couple exceptions. The hair is good but takes a lot of work to give it the sweaty, matted look he has on the show.

Khan doesn't have short hair though, so somebody like OWEN can knock it outta the park. His Hound is outstanding too. Like I said, for me I'm loving the sculpted hair for Space Seed Khan, but Wrath of Khan is looking like a rooted situation and I'm pulling for QMX to get it right :)

So far I'm not finding the rooted hair on the TWOK Khan very convincing, and if it turns out that's the best they can do, I'd rather they just opted for sculpted hair. And judging from how it looks on the mini bust, I think it would still work perfectly fine (although obviously the bangs would need to be sculpted better).

ggjj.JPG

While red suit makes sense and had the most screen time...
I just wish it was his golden dress jacket instead.
He actually looked Indian and very cool in it.
Plus he wore it durin' my most fav scene of him in Trek:

I like the Gold. I actually made one but it looked terrible. I am refining it IF I have the time [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

:exactly: :goodpost:

QMx started out on the Trek like so well, but are sliding. I hope they haven't taken a leaf out of M8's book with this stunt. I also hope this "show, money grab, wait a year for the product" isn't the new norm for the industry as a whole.
This is a norm in 1/6 now. I can tell you this because i have seen everyone's factories, including HTs except a few factories which can only do bootlegs.

QMx is not "them." And if you are col

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Back