QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually thinking about picking up second Kirk....one to have in chair and the other to have posed with Khan!!!!!! Khan!!!!!!! That blood sucker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While red suit makes sense and had the most screen time...
I just wish it was his golden dress jacket instead.
He actually looked Indian and very cool in it.
Plus he wore it durin' my most fav scene of him in Trek:

While red suit makes sense and had the most screen time...
I just wish it was his golden dress jacket instead.
He actually looked Indian and very cool in it.
Plus he wore it durin' my most fav scene of him in Trek:

I agree about the formal jacket. Rather have him in that and wish they would release formal Kirk too or just outfit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I really wish companies would offer alternate outfit sets for figures like these. Especially for characters who have really memorable alternate costumes like in Trek.

Yeah I want a full set of TMP uniforms! I think the issue is that the cost of the components are spread over the total cost of the figure. It becomes harder to gauge profit margins for just the outfits when only a smaller proportion of those interested in the figure will be interested.

We solicited the chair a bit early to gauge interest since it was a different type of collectible. Notice QMx didn't take any money for it yet.

It is in production - Nanjin is making adjustments as parts are produced, but many fans will have their chairs this year. Since there was a lot of interest there will be a split shipment, so some people won't get them until next year.

...and a little surprised no one has picked up on the tease dropped yesterday...

To be fair, this wasn't said at point of solicitation. You can see how going on the past business model we might be led to believe it was pretty much ready. And anyone who has ordered from a secondary retailer has already paid for this. Why was it originally stated to be arriving sept/Oct if this was never the intention?

To be fair, this wasn't said at point of solicitation. You can see how going on the past business model we might be led to believe it was pretty much ready. And anyone who has ordered from a secondary retailer has already paid for this. Why was it originally stated to be arriving sept/Oct if this was never the intention?

:exactly: :goodpost:

QMx started out on the Trek like so well, but are sliding. I hope they haven't taken a leaf out of M8's book with this stunt. I also hope this "show, money grab, wait a year for the product" isn't the new norm for the industry as a whole.

:exactly: :goodpost:

QMx started out on the Trek like so well, but are sliding. I hope they haven't taken a leaf out of M8's book with this stunt. I also hope this "show, money grab, wait a year for the product" isn't the new norm for the industry as a whole.

I know what you mean. Its the pay upfront then wait that bothers me. Waiting for stuff in this hobby is part an parcel of the whole experience, hot toys are often announced one or two years in advance (not to mention the poor souls in the '66 batmobile thread!) But I can't afford to have the money tied up for so long. I'm assuming other secondary retailers have asked for money up front... As it happens Aaron at planet action figures is a top bloke, and he's helping me work out a solution. Others may not be so lucky.

I know what you mean. Its the pay upfront then wait that bothers me. Waiting for stuff in this hobby is part an parcel of the whole experience, hot toys are often announced one or two years in advance (not to mention the poor souls in the '66 batmobile thread!) But I can't afford to have the money tied up for so long. I'm assuming other secondary retailers have asked for money up front... As it happens Aaron at planet action figures is a top bloke, and he's helping me work out a solution. Others may not be so lucky.

QMx doesn't take the money until it's a month or less out. We allowed the Captain's Chair to be solicited early, but most retailers don't charge until it's shipped either. As I mentioned - the chair will ship to some before the end of the year.

Everyone focused on Adama when I posted this, but that is clearly Khan on the right in his gold outfit

Curious what accessories he would come with then. He doesn't need a tricorder or communicator. Bent phaser?

It is cool to see all these figures but can we get a preorder for some of the ones shown already??

Back