QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, great! Should I buy another chair? Then I would have to build two bridges....
Thank you!

I don't know, even if you buy two, someone is always complaining...

two1.jpg

two2 - Text.jpg

I've ordered some calf boots, as the existing ones are solidly moulded as part of the body. The tricorder is the QMX one. The accessories that came with the figure are not usable at all.

I recently got into the 9" Voyager Playmates. I have started to repaint the accessories.

Sims Beacon.jpg

DSC04652 - Kopie.jpg

DSC05433.jpg

View attachment 491874

Nice! Is there a company producing seamless male narrow shoulder bodies (without neck)? I'd like to switch my McCoy's beefy body and also dress him in the medical tunic with short sleeves but I do not like the articulations showing.

Yeah, they must have no neck.

In real life many of these actors had their shoulders almost touching their ears, lol.

Me. I made them for 1/6 trek. I wont sell to anyone until I am no longer a QMx employee.

I will announce the channels to obtain the body on my last day with QMx.

Very soon.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Hi Nanjn, I am still waiting...

I need the narrow shoulders replacement body desperately (2x). And many of the members here, too, I guess.

Hi Nanjn, I am still waiting...

I need the narrow shoulders replacement body desperately (2x). And many of the members here, too, I guess.
I know most would be happy with this new body for McCoy and Spock replacements. But..

I have laid down my last wager on the table. I either die a hero, or live long enough to see myself become the villain.

I am waiting for something to happen....

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Nanjin...be the villain, start up a kick-starter and keep this line alive! QMX is not going to help the collector---unless you like Q-fig crap...

Collectors could link you to suppliers/stores in different regions willing to assist, around the world to help with distribution.

Nanjin...be the villain, start up a kick-starter and keep this line alive! QMX is not going to help the collector---unless you like Q-fig crap...

Collectors could link you to suppliers/stores in different regions willing to assist, around the world to help with distribution.
I can be anything as long as 1/6 Trek lives on, and continue till the day they are abandoned by the fans.

I am fighting in all possible fronts to bring back 1/6 Trek into your hands (not mine because only Demand can support Supply)

I am 99.99% sure QMx can't continue 1/6. They are on the wrong track armed with the wrong mentality and approach plus having someone NEVER produced any 1/6 in charge, and this person must take orders from someone who never even liked 1/6 or even Trek and thinks PVC figures are the same as 1/6.

They have all the weak links in place at important critical points in 1/6 production, and have the wrong person at the helm. Abandoning 1/6 will be their smartest move.

If I do have the license, only you guys can keep 1/6 Trek alive.

Last edited:
I can be anything as long as 1/6 Trek lives on, and continue till the day they are abandoned by the fans.

I am fighting in all possible fronts to bring back 1/6 Trek into your hands (not mine because only Demand can support Supply)

I am 99.99% sure QMx can't continue 1/6. They are on the wrong track armed with the wrong mentality and approach plus having someone NEVER produced any 1/6 in charge, and this person must take orders from someone who never even liked 1/6 or even Trek and thinks PVC figures are the same as 1/6.

They have all the weak links in place at important critical points in 1/6 production, and have the wrong person at the helm. Abandoning 1/6 will be their smartest move.

If I do have the license, only you guys can keep 1/6 Trek alive.

Nanjin, what you are telling us always sounds great and hopeful, I personally wish you the best in getting the ST Franchise license, but with that we'd never get the slim bodies for MCCoy apart. I am afraid we would have to buy new McCoys endowed with your new bodies, however, that was not the idea!

Nanjin, what you are telling us always sounds great and hopeful, I personally wish you the best in getting the ST Franchise license, but with that we'd never get the slim bodies for MCCoy apart. I am afraid we would have to buy new McCoys endowed with your new bodies, however, that was not the idea!
I spent 30k+ on the body. I didn't even get 10% return from this investment. As a businessman, I am very much wanted to recoup my investment at the earliest possible time (at cost at least). Plus I already made some stock intended for those who want to replace their Spock and or McCoy's body.

But the very existence and the future of 1/6 Trek greatly depend on what I am doing now. Too much is at stake here.

If I can't get this license, other companies might (George at Toynami loves to work with me on Trek). If the body is an available product, this might jeadpidize any of my offer. (Negoiation is about taking money from each others pockets and preventing your own pocket being stripped clean).

I won't risk anything if it can jeadpidize the existence of 1/6 Trek whether it is under my control or not.

....and I don't want to just sell bodies. I rather there are some generic (low cost itrms) Trek stuffs included with the body.

Wait a little longer. I waited 6 years to produce 1/6 trek, and used the past 2 years for laying down groundwork to obtain 1/6 Trrk license (believe it or not, I went around the Earth for this) Couple of more months should not be to hard to bare.

Have QMx themselves stated they are not continuing with a second run? The last information I received was when I spoke to them on the phone not that long ago saying Q4 Scotty/Q1 2021 Sulu.

If this is true a lot of retailers are going to be annoyed with all the false promises (If true)

I spent 30k+ on the body. I didn't even get 10% return from this investment. As a businessman, I am very much wanted to recoup my investment at the earliest possible time (at cost at least). Plus I already made some stock intended for those who want to replace their Spock and or McCoy's body.

But the very existence and the future of 1/6 Trek greatly depend on what I am doing now. Too much is at stake here.

If I can't get this license, other companies might (George at Toynami loves to work with me on Trek). If the body is an available product, this might jeadpidize any of my offer. (Negoiation is about taking money from each others pockets and preventing your own pocket being stripped clean).

I won't risk anything if it can jeadpidize the existence of 1/6 Trek whether it is under my control or not.

....and I don't want to just sell bodies. I rather there are some generic (low cost itrms) Trek stuffs included with the body.

Wait a little longer. I waited 6 years to produce 1/6 trek, and used the past 2 years for laying down groundwork to obtain 1/6 Trrk license (believe it or not, I went around the Earth for this) Couple of more months should not be to hard to bare.

Ok, so new McCoy slim body apart with new tight tunic?!, The old one would be much too lose fitting.

Have QMx themselves stated they are not continuing with a second run? The last information I received was when I spoke to them on the phone not that long ago saying Q4 Scotty/Q1 2021 Sulu.

If this is true a lot of retailers are going to be annoyed with all the false promises (If true)

Hi Aaron the email I received from Big Chief Studios Support said:

"In the past few months we have been communicating with our distributor to find out when and if we are going to receive these figures. Our distributor has come back to us several times each time saying that the figures were still coming out. But within the last month it has now been revealed to our distributor that they will not be receiving these figures as they were done in such a short run that there is none left and QMX are not going to make any more."

I don't know who BCS (like you also UK based) use as their distributor for QMX figures - however, BCS must have been fairly confident to pass on this message to their customers and cancel all pre-orders for Scotty and Sulu.

Hi Aaron the email I received from Big Chief Studios Support said:

"In the past few months we have been communicating with our distributor to find out when and if we are going to receive these figures. Our distributor has come back to us several times each time saying that the figures were still coming out. But within the last month it has now been revealed to our distributor that they will not be receiving these figures as they were done in such a short run that there is none left and QMX are not going to make any more."

I don't know who BCS (like you also UK based) use as their distributor for QMX figures - however, BCS must have been fairly confident to pass on this message to their customers and cancel all pre-orders for Scotty and Sulu.

Thanks for the response.

I remember talking to QMx some years ago and they stated they do not/and never will supply BCS direct. Why that is I have absolutely no idea. However we are The Ambassador company to QMx in the UK and obtain stock direct from them and we have not been informed of anything like this. With timezones in play Ill reach out to QMx a bit later on to see what is what :)

I reached out to the head of sales via Whatsapp. There is currently no plans to cancel Scotty or Sulu. Maybe distributors got tired of waiting. Who knows.

Add some more discouragements to those who still want to buy Scotty and Sulu.

The stock that I reserved for my friends and those who came for help are all gone as of yesterday. They were all sold at MSRP and I missed one promise (a sulu might be lost intransit).

99.99999% of all the molds used for TOS are rusted by now after sitting outside for close to 11 months.

Steel molds do rust. By next month, they will be picked up by recycle companies. I will make sure they are destroyed and non reusable if the rust has not done enough damage. This is a normal procedure for productions if no one claims the molds (after paying storage) I am charging them 50USD per day. I can't charge them anything less after the humiliation that I received from them.

I was never humiliated to this extent in my ENTIRE life.

Back