QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally support this idea, but realistically, how much longer does QMx have the license? From a legal standpoint that's critical, and wasting a petition years before it comes up for renewal seems impractical. Also, I'd need some reassurance that you'd look after our boy Chekov.... ;)

Someone asked about Picard, and I swapped those bodies with McCoy but I swapped back. I don't remember exactly why but it might have been the shirt rode up too high on other bodies. An Asian body (like Picard's) might work ok. I will say I used a Rick Grimes body, which was a suggestion here, and although I like it, the shirt is so baggy now because he swims in it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Someone asked about Picard, and I swapped those bodies with McCoy but I swapped back. I don't remember exactly why but it might have been the shirt rode up too high on other bodies. An Asian body (like Picard's) might work ok. I will say I used a Rick Grimes body, which was a suggestion here, and although I like it, the shirt is so baggy now because he swims in it.

Yes, the tunic becomes too baggy, you'd have to shorten it, that's a delicate procedure, I have tried to but I messed it up, I asked Nanjin where to get some blue fabric to make myself a new tunic for Bones but I got no reply....
Does anyone know where to get some fabric similar to Bones'?

Is CBS the licensee of Star Trek? If so who do we petition to start this process. Hell the Fans of TOS got Star Trek into syndication and by doing so kept Star Trek alive.

Who is the go to contact in CBS in relation to merchandising? Qmx licence can't have that much time left in it and to be honest all their other 1/6th figure franchises have failed to get past one or two characters in each line. Trek was the most successful in that regard. CBS need to see that the potential for quality 1/6th Trek is there, but Qmx dropped the ball with all their 1/6th lines, prototypes that never went into production, staining & head mold issues and an inability to produce enough Scotty and Sulu's (despite preorders/payments)to meet demand. I'm willing to write a polite (not a passionate ranting wishlist lol) letter supporting Nanjin, to CBS.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Here are some things I've working on (almost completed!). The Nomad model I got from Monsters in Motion--not sure who makes it. It's a resin model and OK. I've seen some folks have installed working lights, that was a little (actually, a lot) beyond me. I still have to install the top doohickey at the top and the three extendable antennae.

The antigravity units I 3D printed. I started this early on in my 3D designing/printing journey and it as a long series of trials and errors. Still not the best, but I'm happy with how they turned out. I put some magnets on the anti-gravity units and on Nomad. Even though Nomad is resin and quite heavy, Kirk and Spock are up to the task of hauling it to the transporter. "Sterilize!"

kirk-spock-nomad-01.jpg

kirk-spock-nomad-02.jpg

QMx is live on Facebook now gushing about their Disney Q-Fig license.

People have asked about 1/6 Chekov and Uhura, and the response was, Star Trek isn't Disney and this is about Q-Figs.

Looks like they'll be too busy pushing those things out of every orifice to bother with 1/6.

To be frank, Qmx attempt at cracking into the 1/6th market has crashed & burned (despite Nanjin best efforts, drive & passion). Trek they don't seem to be interested in as they ignored or dismissed any Trek comment on todays line stream, Supernatural, Firefly, Princess Bride all failed to get past 1 or 2 figures and I believe the behemoth that is HT beat them to Pennywise. Qmx were once know for high quality collectibles & their artisan model ships, now they are focused on cashing in on toon styled cheap merchandise, but pop vinyls, wetas mini epics, HT cos thingys and even Star Ace are attempting to get in on this flooded marketplace.

Today QMx is on live at 2PM PST / 4pm EST on Instagram for a Q&A today.

I'm listening to a live Q&A from yesterday on FB and the responses were (not verbatim but what I understood him to say), "1/6 was put on hold for a short time while a new team was put in place but they are working on 1/6 and it takes time" and "we don't take the preorders so I'll ask the sales staff about that", nothing in 1/6 will be released before next year, and "I haven't been told anything has been cancelled." So reading between the lines it still seems pretty cryptic.....if you want anything more specific, might want to drop in on the live Q&A's to press them on some answers about fulfilling existing orders.

Here are some things I've working on (almost completed!). The Nomad model I got from Monsters in Motion--not sure who makes it. It's a resin model and OK. I've seen some folks have installed working lights, that was a little (actually, a lot) beyond me. I still have to install the top doohickey at the top and the three extendable antennae.

The antigravity units I 3D printed. I started this early on in my 3D designing/printing journey and it as a long series of trials and errors. Still not the best, but I'm happy with how they turned out. I put some magnets on the anti-gravity units and on Nomad. Even though Nomad is resin and quite heavy, Kirk and Spock are up to the task of hauling it to the transporter. "Sterilize!"

View attachment 491443

View attachment 491444

Amazing!

Today QMx is on live at 2PM PST / 4pm EST on Instagram for a Q&A today.

I'm listening to a live Q&A from yesterday on FB and the responses were (not verbatim but what I understood him to say), "1/6 was put on hold for a short time while a new team was put in place but they are working on 1/6 and it takes time" and "we don't take the preorders so I'll ask the sales staff about that", nothing in 1/6 will be released before next year, and "I haven't been told anything has been cancelled." So reading between the lines it still seems pretty cryptic.....if you want anything more specific, might want to drop in on the live Q&A's to press them on some answers about fulfilling existing orders.

I saw that too.
It seemed to me he was blaming retailers for still soliciting sulu and scotty for preorder.
From the threadI get from his comments that the 1:6 is on hold till next year and there would be new licenses.

He was also making out he didnt know about any cancelations because he hadnt been told, which in itself is bull, I know he is the qfig lead but he would definately be in the know and the loop for any thing being cancelled.

Clearly spouting corporate wank speak and smoke and mirrors.

It just goes to show what a piss poor company they are when they blame retailers for preorders which QMX have promised them they will fill.

QMX your disingenuous comments alienate not only your customers but the retailers whom support you cant afford to lose, even if you do have a deal with Walmart for your cheap tacky Qfigs.

Heres something for ya sideshow and funko do it much better.

I saw that too.
It seemed to me he was blaming retailers for still soliciting sulu and scotty for preorder.
From the threadI get from his comments that the 1:6 is on hold till next year and there would be new licenses.

He was also making out he didnt know about any cancelations because he hadnt been told, which in itself is bull, I know he is the qfig lead but he would definately be in the know and the loop for any thing being cancelled.

Clearly spouting corporate wank speak and smoke and mirrors.

It just goes to show what a piss poor company they are when they blame retailers for preorders which QMX have promised them they will fill.

QMX your disingenuous comments alienate not only your customers but the retailers whom support you cant afford to lose, even if you do have a deal with Walmart for your cheap tacky Qfigs.

Heres something for ya sideshow and funko do it much better.

They can't blame retailers whose allocated stock was given away to other suppliers. I don't think that those retailers will be very happy if their customers are let down.

Sign me up for Nanjin!

Blaming retailers is not on. My regular retailer is crackin, never had a problem with any purchase. Scott n Sulu were preordered & paid in full, only for Qmx to not provide enough Scottys to fill the orders and re allocate the UK Sulu's to the US. Since then nothing.
Heard that Sulu's are now discounted Gamestop stores?

The remaining ones are on clearance at ThinkGeek, a separate division of Game Stop. They won't ship them, I called corporate and then contacted a store in TX that still had one. You physically have to walk in the door to get one.

QMx is live on Facebook now gushing about their Disney Q-Fig license.

People have asked about 1/6 Chekov and Uhura, and the response was, Star Trek isn't Disney and this is about Q-Figs.

Looks like they'll be too busy pushing those things out of every orifice to bother with 1/6.

Wow. Very professional response. They're bottom of the barrel for 1/6 now. And they have the Star Trek licence!

I can?t believe anyone is even asking them about future Trek releases...why not ask Hot Toys when we can expect to see a Batman Returns Catwoman or a 1966 Romero Joker?
I understand keeping the dream alive but I will spare anyone who is still asking a little heart ache and let you know that QMX is no longer a 1/6 scale figure company and they will NEVER release another Star Trek figure. Sorry to have to deliver the bad news.

View attachment 491443

View attachment 491444

Hey! I have that NOMAD.
Nice anti-gravs too.
Love to have a set.

https://youtu.be/DdyFsMmcZks
- Jim G.G.

Back