QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go:
img_20200327_190425-jpg.309021

-Jim G.G.

Big Chief Collectables in the UK just emailed me to confirm that they are cancelling my pre-order for Scotty and are issuing a refund. They said in their email that their distributor has now confirmed that QMX made the figures in such a short run, there are none left and QMX are not going to make any more. BCC said they tried to source them from distributors but have been unable to find any.

So that's it then. I hope Nanjin can find a way to help us complete our TOS line up and beyond.

I'm really gutted as I pre-ordered day 1 and have nothing to show for it. QMX are a pile of **** as a company and IT just goes to show that Nanjin really was the only one there with any brains for the business, customer service and love for 1/6 Trek.

I noticed that BC had removed Scott & Sulu from their preorder page. Ordered mine from PAF before they were released and Qmx never forfilled the order. Over a year & half of waiting and either ignoring customers comments or stating they will be released at the years end or early 2021. Qmx are done as far as I'm concerned. I'll spend my money elsewhere

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm unhappy to hear the news about the cancellation of QMx ST TOS pre-orders.

So,Nanjin, you talked about a petition, are you going to take care of it, you have a lot of supporters here who certainly would like to hear from you what's going on.

I noticed that BC had removed Scott & Sulu from their preorder page. Ordered mine from PAF before they were released and Qmx never forfilled the order. Over a year & half of waiting and either ignoring customers comments or stating they will be released at the years end or early 2021. Qmx are done as far as I'm concerned. I'll spend my money elsewhere

Qmx have clearly been economical with the truth to their distributors so they will keep buying their ridiculous miniature qfigs just to keep the distributor license overseas.

Then they decided to source Walmart as an exclusive distributor for some of their exclusive Qfigswhich is again yet another kick in the face of the smaller retailers who have supported their lines.

This new Head of Qfigs is all thats wrong with these fly by night retailers, spout corporate sales pitches and pretend to support fans and value their input, only to slap them in the face by totally ignoring their concerns.

They have deserted fans for profit, which I know buisnesses need to profit, but not at the expense of respect for their loyal customers.

They constantly remove posts on Facebook in response to their lack of info sharing.
And I know of at least one who was DM threatening them with being banned from their site on facebook, just because this person had the audacity to say they didnt care about Star trek franchise and its fans because they refused to answer any questions relating to 1:6 figures.
But they will answer benign drivel about their current baby project Qfigs.

I wouldnt be suprised if QMX falls to the wayside soon.

The damage they have done to the reputations of some retailers because of their inactions and misinformation about production, could be catastrophic, and if I were them I would consider litigation,they clearly cant see or care about the damage they have caused.

My guess (not really a guess but an educated assumption basing on facts and obversation)

they finally confirmed their wishful thinking was truly wishful thinking, unrealistic and unachievable.

I think they should realized by now, I saved them lots of money and time.

I have thoughts, but I materialized them in to plans with measurable objectives (and achievable).

No plans can be consider as a plan when it is not at least for 3 years operation. I have 3 years to 5 years plans. Anything less than that are just daily situation that needs to deal with.

No one can continue with Trek if ones do not have an insight of the Trek vs Trek phenomenon (I have a ?plan? to take advantage of this phenomenon).

Planning needs senerios. I run senerios in my mind 24/7 because I have nothing else wanted to do.

More important of all, I hold the venture as a responsibility to my bosses (you guys), and from personal standpoint, I CAN NOT let my friends down.

I am just happened to be the guy who has all the followings ?at the same time?:

Love for Trek
No Trek stuffs by heart
Good team leader
Good relation with ALL 1/6 production entities (I went to their homes and had dinners with their family's).
Wouldn't deviate from Original Plan when there are hardship and difficult.
No financial restrictions (I don't need to worry. Vegas still needs to pay me as long as I live)

Act upon and lay down groundwork for possible situations. I dont like to ReAct to situations.

I am looking at how to pressure ViacomCBS. I am already going through some of CBS nuclear power weight vendors to get the license.

There is hope.

The whole process of collecting Trek will be an enjoyable experience including the we all hated ?waiting time.?

Ex: the entire TOS is ONE product line, NOT individual figures. I said this 5 years ago. My believe.in this is even stronger after 4 years experience in the real 1/6 universe

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My guess (not really a guess but an educated assumption basing on facts and obversation)

they finally confirmed their wishful thinking was truly wishful thinking, unrealistic and unachievable.

I think they should realized by now, I saved them lots of money and time.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Nanjin, would you please answer my petition question?

Big Chief Collectables in the UK just emailed me to confirm that they are cancelling my pre-order for Scotty and are issuing a refund. They said in their email that their distributor has now confirmed that QMX made the figures in such a short run, there are none left and QMX are not going to make any more. BCC said they tried to source them from distributors but have been unable to find any.

I am truly sorry everyone has not been able to get their preorders. However, at least QMx is actually relaying the news to the vendors that most of us realized awhile ago - there is unlikely to be any more Sulu or Scotty figs. I'd like to see the rest of the vendors get the same info and start refunding the PO money. So, maybe something did actually come out of the Q&A sessions from QMx the other day in which that dude said he'd get with the sales team and find out some answers. Even if the news is bad, I'd prefer it to infernal hanging in the wind indefinitely.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

So instead of letting this be slow..... death

Is it official from QMX? Is the rest of the crew
on preordered H/X? Sad it took them months
to give Trek fans the bad news?

So that's it then. I hope Nanjin can find a way to help us complete our TOS line up and beyond.

I'm really gutted as I pre-ordered day 1 and have nothing to show for it. QMX are a pile of **** as a company and IT just goes to show that Nanjin really was the only one there with any brains for the business, customer service and love for 1/6 Trek.

Real shame...especially when you consider that people like me have had Scotty and Sulu for over a year...I barely preordered Scotty from Sideshow but did not even preorder Sulu at all.
I picked up Sulu last year from ThinkGeek online and it was heavily discounted. I ended up paying just a tiny bit over $100 for it and it came with free shipping.
It?s a shame that QMX was able to send these figures that had not even been preordered to ThinkGeek to sell at a discount instead of sending them to retailers to fulfill preorders.
Why in the world would they send these figures out to retail stores to sit on shelves in shopping malls gathering dust when people had valid preorders from specialty shops?
After getting my Sulu online I would go to my local ThinkGeek and see multiple Sulus just sitting there being the ignored by Mall shoppers.

If I had had the time or patience I would have bought them up to resell them so that people who wanted them could have at least got their hands on them.
How do they explain that to these retailers who end up having to then deliver the bad news to customers that they have cultivated relationships with?
That attack on their customers alone is reason enough to punish QMX by refusing to support the junk that they are currently focused on producing.

It is a shame but at least it provides some clarity.

Warrior's Gate has custom heads for Scotty and Sulu, although I appreciate that uniforms are the main issue.

I still want TMP uniforms for mine so might eventually sell my TOS uniforms although not the boots. I was hoping that the Polaris bodies for Spock and McCoy first or any custom uniforms would be too baggy.

I guess the acquisition of the captain's chair I got today was my last QMx TOS buy (I think I skip the pre-orders).

If I had known that the new chair would be the cause of conflicts between my commanding officers...

eqmopg7r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah, my Kirk also had to fight for a place in his chair:

I also have asked and gotten the money back for my pre-ordered Sulu. I'm very lucky that I got Scotty at least. I'm not even a big Sulu fan, but I ordered him to keep the line going. My Detolf shelf is full with the four I have, so I won't miss him too badly.

I recently picked up the old Playmates 12" Uhura figure as a base for a custom. The dress fits quite well on a Phicen body. There is velcro on the cuffs which i will remove and then restitch for slimmer fitting sleeves. The likeness on the head is not bad and i was just going to repaint it. I was able to cut away the neck no problem, but i was unable to make a new head socket. The head is made of a PVC type plastic, which rejects all types of glue. I'll have to make a mould and recast it.

I've ordered some calf boots, as the existing ones are solidly moulded as part of the body. The tricorder is the QMX one. The accessories that came with the figure are not usable at all.

trek3.jpg

I recently picked up the old Playmates 12" Uhura figure as a base for a custom. The dress fits quite well on a Phicen body. There is velcro on the cuffs which i will remove and then restitch for slimmer fitting sleeves. The likeness on the head is not bad and i was just going to repaint it. I was able to cut away the neck no problem, but i was unable to make a new head socket. The head is made of a PVC type plastic, which rejects all types of glue. I'll have to make a mould and recast it.

I've ordered some calf boots, as the existing ones are solidly moulded as part of the body. The tricorder is the QMX one. The accessories that came with the figure are not usable at all.

View attachment 491859

Nice idea! Is it a seamless body? What pantyhose do you recommend?

Being tired of the bad behavior of QMx and tired of waiting for Nanjin producing new 1:6 TOS figures I have the intention to build my own custom female crew member, perhaps not Uhura as I do not think that I get the right skin coulour.

Be aware that there are no female boots in the market with flat tiny heals that were en vogue in the 60s. I myself am making a custom Mara klingon, she has the same heel - boot - leggings problem. I do not like to see the Star Trek girls in high heels, this is the modern look but not the look of 2266. I will make custom boots.

Yeah, my Kirk also had to fight for a place in his chair:

I also have asked and gotten the money back for my pre-ordered Sulu. I'm very lucky that I got Scotty at least. I'm not even a big Sulu fan, but I ordered him to keep the line going. My Detolf shelf is full with the four I have, so I won't miss him too badly.

Haha, great! Should I buy another chair? Then I would have to build two bridges....

Back