QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever dude. You?re entitled to your own opinion about the figures, but there?s not a need to be hostile to others who disagree with you. No one is really insulting you. You keep going on and on about the problem with the figures in a thread dedicated to them. Most people acknowledge they aren?t perfect, but a lot of us are still content with them. You aren?t and that?s fine.

Whatever, dude? Yeah, whatever. And yes, that’s exactly right, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And who here is being hostile and personally insulting to whom? Take a gander at post #5895 again why don’t you. It’s ok, I can take it, after all it just speaks to the source, but don’t deny reality. Sauce for the goose, my good man, always sauce for the goose:

Blah blah free speech blah blah...no one?s trying to arrest you for your opinions...they are just getting old...and exhausting. No one minds dissenting opinions and views about the figures...trolls, however, like yourself, just bring the whole forum down. Piling on with the constant negative does not add anything. Why don?t you just go and do something else with your time. Which I am certain that you have plenty of...the sadness and bitterness that oozes from every one of your posts is definitely indicative of someone that is not necessarily all that socially active. Perhaps it?s time for the loyal longtime TOS fan to get out and get some fresh air.

Whatever, dude? Yeah, whatever. And yes, that?s exactly right, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And who here is being hostile and personally insulting to whom? Take a gander at post #5895 again why don?t you. It?s ok, I can take it, after all it just speaks to the source, but don?t deny reality. Sauce for the goose, my good man, always sauce for the goose:

Butt hurt much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please tell me how to post a picture here.
Thank you.
- Jim G.G.

Use this button, and select either an image from your machine or a copied image address:

1.jpg

I've had the Scotty and Sulu figures on pre-order through BigBadToy store. Does anyone know if they will be shipping soon? I've noticed other people had received theirs months ago. Are the figures no longer shipping or being produced?

I've had the Scotty and Sulu figures on pre-order through BigBadToy store. Does anyone know if they will be shipping soon? I've noticed other people had received theirs months ago. Are the figures no longer shipping or being produced?

I?ve had Scotty since March of 2019 and got Sulu a few months after that. It appears that a very small first batch was released with a plan to fabricate and ship more to fulfill the rest of the preorders.
QMx failed badly at focusing on fulfilling preorders though, because my Scotty was a preorder but my Sulu was just randomly bought at GameStop. My local Thinkgeek store also always has him on the shelf too.
Pretty awful when you consider that there are people who actually preordered Sulu and still do not have it while a few of them are just sitting there and gathering cobwebs at my local mall.
Sadly it has been shared that there are parts required for the figures that are no longer available and QMx seems disinterested in continuing the line or producing 1/6 scale figures in general.
It seems a safe bet, especially with the figures having been shipped over a year ago, that remaining preorders will never be fulfilled.
Hopefully for anyone still waiting I am wrong.

That would stink. I preordered the figures from BBTS early on around when they were anounced.

For what it is worth, and admitedly it isn't much, I spoke with Sideshow yesterday and asked them this very question about my Scotty and Sulu pre-orders. I was told by the CSR that QMX has not indicated anything to them that would lead them to believe that their pre-order delivery dates, which I think run roughly between Jul 2020 and Nov 2020 would be missed. However, I will believe it when I see it.

Wasn't there whispers of a Star Trek 2009 Kirk and Spock at one point? I tried sifting through the 148 pages but couldn't find anything definitive. Safe to assume those aren't happening right?

Wasn't there whispers of a Star Trek 2009 Kirk and Spock at one point? I tried sifting through the 148 pages but couldn't find anything definitive. Safe to assume those aren't happening right?
I had 6 KTL prototyped in 2017. I loved this movie, especially because of the last scene when Zachary Spock looked at the Family Picture of the original crew. Further to that, the premier of STB was the day 1/6 Kirk and Spock were released.

Alibaba was a major investor in ST Beyond. We are in talks. There is a huge demand for ST Beyond for new Trek fans, 90% of them are ladies.

In the panel that I held at ST Vegas Con in 2018, I noticed the ladies eyes shined when I mentioned Beyond figures.

I, myself wanted to do the Away Jacket, and it was done. The away jacket would show Trek could have everything that the Wars and MCU clan had. I even want to do TMP space suit just to show the Wars dude that we have good stuffs too.
017f3ff9c8ee929c8dcc8918b553b6b2.jpg
068898fe5f6adbba30c1cd5f39975a5d.jpg
f378fd15b5ea4184e2e74359e87ad01d.jpg
0619be34212efd154751e41a05dfc616.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haven't read too far back but has QMX folded on 1:6? If Uhura and Chekov are never made, is there a way to get a custom one?

They have not officially announced their exit from 1/6 scale figures...but the writing has been on the wall for a little bit now. Culminating in what appears to be their failure to deliver Scotty and Sulu to perhaps 80% of the people who preordered the figures.
If they cannot even deliver on figures that many of us already have I don?t see them ever getting unmade Chekhovs or Uhuras into anyone?s hands.

Haven't read too far back but has QMX folded on 1:6? If Uhura and Chekov are never made, is there a way to get a custom one?

There?s always a way, but it involves waiting more, paying much more, and it won?t involve Nanjin, since he needs to stay away from unlicensed figure production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Nanjin is able to resurrect these Star Trek figures somehow in the future. I was holding out for the TWOK Kirk and Spock, so I didn?t pick up the TOS. Now I wish I had. I didn?t grow up with the tv show, but to have some version of them would have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really wish 1/6 scale toy companies came up with a more realistically proportioned body for normal human beings. Despite the amazing face sculpts in most cases (and this line is a case in point) all realism flies out of the window when characters that are supposed to be 60s-thin look like they could be on the cover of Menshealth. These figures could do with better bodies. The current ones (especially the v2 bodies) work well with some characters better than others, but seeing a McCoy with the body of a Chris Hemsworth when in real life he had little muscle and no neck ... eh, they really should make more of an effort to present bodies that are accurate to the source.

I had 6 KTL prototyped in 2017. I loved this movie, especially because of the last scene when Zachary Spock looked at the Family Picture of the original crew. Further to that, the premier of STB was the day 1/6 Kirk and Spock were released.

Alibaba was a major investor in ST Beyond. We are in talks. There is a huge demand for ST Beyond for new Trek fans, 90% of them are ladies.

In the panel that I held at ST Vegas Con in 2018, I noticed the ladies eyes shined when I mentioned Beyond figures.

I, myself wanted to do the Away Jacket, and it was done. The away jacket would show Trek could have everything that the Wars and MCU clan had. I even want to do TMP space suit just to show the Wars dude that we have good stuffs too.
017f3ff9c8ee929c8dcc8918b553b6b2.jpg
068898fe5f6adbba30c1cd5f39975a5d.jpg
f378fd15b5ea4184e2e74359e87ad01d.jpg
0619be34212efd154751e41a05dfc616.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Damn these all look so good. I know the Kelvin series is pretty much over now and people are more excited about the new Pike series, but I'd still buy these in a heartbeat if they were made.

Back