QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had Sulu and Scotty for a looooong time...I feel like I have had Scotty for almost a year and Sulu for not much less time than that...

Bizarre. I wonder why they are pre-orders on Sideshow then. Maybe they have timed exclusives through QMX first? Anyway, I can't beat the price through Sideshow based on what I've seen on eBay so I can wait.

there was/is only one release of scotty and sulu. while qmx says there will be more coming (hence the still open preorder) - nanjin has hinted, on these boards, that qmx can not fulfill the unfilled orders anytime soon, if at all.

Ah. Thanks for this. So much to learn...

Bizarre. I wonder why they are pre-orders on Sideshow then. Maybe they have timed exclusives through QMX first? Anyway, I can't beat the price through Sideshow based on what I've seen on eBay so I can wait.

Ah. Thanks for this. So much to learn...

Got curious and double checked by Sideshow history. They shipped me Scotty back in March of 2019...so over a year ago...my Sulu preorder with them never got filled and I ended up getting it through GameStop and canceling my Sideshow order. I imagine that if I had not I would still be waiting.

Yes, I am confused as well. There are pre-orders up for Scotty and Sulu on Sideshow. I thought these hadn't been released yet. Anyway, please excuse all my noob questions. :lol

I am in the US, but the chair is only available for in-store pick up and there are none with a 100 mile radius of me. While it is about twice as much as Game Stop, I found a seller on Rakuten that is selling it for about two-thirds of list price. They might ship international.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/bonwell/product/812095023785/

Thanks a lot Paul, unfortunately Rakuten are unable to offer their services to residents of the European Economic Area (EEA).

there was/is only one release of scotty and sulu. while qmx says there will be more coming (hence the still open preorder) - nanjin has hinted, on these boards, that qmx can not fulfill the unfilled orders anytime soon, if at all.

Whether Scotty V.1 or V.2, judging from the pics sent by contributors to this thread, Scotty first had glued braids on his sleeves whereas the last pics show other - painted ? - braids, to me it is another version, at least of the tunic. Maybe the body and the head are unchanged, to me they are not very Scotty like anyway.

I've got my QMx commodore Wesley, yeah!!!!
image.php
[/url][/IMG]

Paul,

There's only been one release of Sulu and Scotty. Only half the preorders were ever filled. QMx has been insistent that there will be a "second wave" and the rest of the preorders will be fulfilled. But there are no actual signs of production. So you might get a great preorder price but who knows if or when they will be fulfilled.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Paul,

There's only been one release of Sulu and Scotty. Only half the preorders were ever filled. QMx has been insistent that there will be a "second wave" and the rest of the preorders will be fulfilled. But there are no actual signs of production. So you might get a great preorder price but who knows if or when they will be fulfilled.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

And I think Nanjin already shared, if memory serves, that there are some key parts required to complete production of these figures that are no longer available and appear to be unable to be fabricated. Couple this with the fact that QMX has clearly moved away from 1/6 scale figures and is focused on replicas and novelty figures...I think it?s pretty safe to assume that those preorders will NOT be filled.

And I think Nanjin already shared, if memory serves, that there are some key parts required to complete production of these figures that are no longer available and appear to be unable to be fabricated. Couple this with the fact that QMX has clearly moved away from 1/6 scale figures and is focused on replicas and novelty figures...I think it?s pretty safe to assume that those preorders will NOT be filled.

Thanks, Jal76. I'm beginning to think I got into collecting these figures at the exact wrong time. :slap

Fortunately, I got my replacement Picard today. This one had its head attached, always a good thing when you buy a figure. :lol

I noticed that this one has a bit of plastic wrap around where the neck meets the collar. The OCD in me wants to remove it, but the pragmatist does not.

I also received my Khan Monday. I had a question about the baggie pictured. I assume this is just extra material in case something falls off? I don't remember Khan sporting any big, crescent earring after all. :rotfl

Attachments

• Picard 1.jpg
    Picard 1.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Picard 2.jpg
    Picard 2.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Khan 1.jpg
    Khan 1.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 139
My first Picard had the staining issue on the neck and the comm badge was missing. Contacted Sideshow and they replaced it and it’s been fine since. My new one hasn’t had any staining issues. I check periodically just to be sure.

The two pieces with Khan are just extras in case one falls off and is lost. Mine has them too.

Thanks, Jal76. I'm beginning to think I got into collecting these figures at the exact wrong time. :slap

Fortunately, I got my replacement Picard today. This one had its head attached, always a good thing when you buy a figure. [emoji38]

I noticed that this one has a bit of plastic wrap around where the neck meets the collar. The OCD in me wants to remove it, but the pragmatist does not.

I also received my Khan Monday. I had a question about the baggie pictured. I assume this is just extra material in case something falls off? I don't remember Khan sporting any big, crescent earring after all. :rotfl
Those are replacements just incase Khan's rank pins (those are rank pins for the superior humans faction from 21st century) fell off. So far have not heard anyone with such a problem under normal use.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Those are replacements just incase Khan's rank pins (those are rank pins for the superior humans faction from 21st century) fell off. So far have not heard anyone with such a problem under normal use.

Thanks, nanjin and others!

Not an exact likeness, but not terrible either IMHO.
The head does look a bit large though... maybe look for a more broad-shouldered body? If the uniform allows for it, of course.

It's Kirk's frame, right, the shoulders are of course a bit narrow, but in real the head is not too big, it's the photos that show a somewhat distorted picture - as is with all the Star Trek TOS Qmx figures. They do look better in reality (although QMx Kirk does not look more like Shatner, Scooty like Doohan, Sulu like Takei, prototype Chekjov like Koenig, than this commodore Wesley like Barry Russo).

It is a custom job, of course, not a special series from QMx.

It's Kirk's frame, right, the shoulders are of course a bit narrow, but in real the head is not too big, it's the photos that show a somewhat distorted picture - as is with all the Star Trek TOS Qmx figures. They do look better in reality (although QMx Kirk does not look more like Shatner, Scooty like Doohan, Sulu like Takei, prototype Chekjov like Koenig, than this commodore Wesley like Barry Russo).

It is a custom job, of course, not a special series from QMx.

Well...no...you should feel free to enjoy your custom but the real figures DEFINITELY look a lot more like their namesakes. That?s a bit of a stretch don?t you think?

To clarify again, the body was designed to be used for the New Spock (new head new standard size), while Kirk supposed to be in Green Leisure with his own seamless body.

So the original heads were not intended to be used with this new body, and the new body only had Spock physiquein mind and for any other uniformed (all except TOS) figures.

They do not have my intended design at all.

Some reasoning,

1/6 Body size and accessories can be estimated and scale down from actual sizes, and this can be very accurate. However, fabric is not. Real life clothing scale down to 1/6 supposed to be measured in Microns, but there are no such usable thin fabrics. Therefore, the body can't be actual size, otherwise, the uniform will be thick (twok). The shoulder needs to be slightly narrower to have a more pleasing appearance.

Furthermore, this body supposed to be able to perform the now iconic Starfleet posture, hands behind back. This body also is based on modulation design, in which 6 different heights can be obtained, and when pair with the underneath fitting gourmet, 3-5 different body shapes can be obtain (skinny, normal, big). This equals to 60+ different bodies (in uniforms)

This is only the peak of what we all missed out. There are a lot more improvements such as stands, packaging, and even hands (i had worked on the hands for 15 months) that were not utilize because of some unreasonable, unrealistic, and illogical ASSUMPTIONS. (More like I knew exactly what to do, and they wanted me to do something else which I believed would jeopardize 1/6 trek. Exactly what is happening.

Look at the way the sutuation being handled. Those who ordered Scotty and Sulu will never have any (at least the same one), i am looking forward to their explanation.

My wrong doing was I stood my ground for the future of 1/6 Trek. I would not allow 1/6 Trek became inferior toys, and I wouldn't allow quality to move backwards but always improvements, up until the point of no return.

The attached picture is the Correct sized Spock V4 head with his own body.

Freaking PERFECT size!

42328c552cdc14e14971df85371337c4.jpg

Back