QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C14A8F2C-E84F-4A60-AC31-0E80D1FE466F.jpg

Kirk has landed and the paint app is
amazing. The body is on the small side
compare to V1.0 but overall an awesome
figure

I believe the current QMX stock is 2.0. I don't think Nanjin has anything different, other than the stickers. Nanjin by all means correct me if I am wrong.

Nanjin?s stock does not seemed to have the gold paint spots
as reported by a few on the Headsculpt and the paint
app is amazing in hand!

These figures are going to be grails before you
know it especially with QMX now taking over
the helm or not taking over from the Trek king
NTam

Last edited:
It seems to me that a group could pretty easily commission a set of green wrap tunics. The problem would be 1) the rank braids and 2) you need an unnecked head because of the cut of the V-neck.

So, anybody have an unnecked Kirk? :/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It seems to me that a group could pretty easily commission a set of green wrap tunics. The problem would be 1) the rank braids and 2) you need an unnecked head because of the cut of the V-neck.

So, anybody have an unnecked Kirk? :/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
There is a new neckless Kirk which I think is a leap from Kirk V2.0.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Nanjin said he had his painter touch up the production figures for his stock, so they're slightly different.
Yes. Only did a last round check and some touch up if needed.

Not a different paintup, just one extra step.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I got my pre-order arrival notice from BBTS. Now the question is do I stop with Kirk and Spock or get any of the others.. Kind of thinking of grabbing Scotty while he’s available, but then I might be tempted by Sulu as well. Problem is that I likely won’t get a McCoy unless I can get one cheap down the road. Plus who knows what the future of the line is.

I got my pre-order arrival notice from BBTS. Now the question is do I stop with Kirk and Spock or get any of the others.. Kind of thinking of grabbing Scotty while he?s available, but then I might be tempted by Sulu as well. Problem is that I likely won?t get a McCoy unless I can get one cheap down the road. Plus who knows what the future of the line is.

Where Scotty available?

Get what you can get now - you SHOULD be able to unload them later without losing anything if you need/decide to.

Yeah I think the improved 2.0 K/S will be quite wanted once they sell out......better get them while you can. Actually thinking now about selling my originals!

From everything that Nanjin has said, anything up for preorder probably won't be fulfilled, but who knows.
Well when I ordered the Kirk and Spock set from BBTS a few days back it was listed as a pre-order and was just fulfilled today. So who knows. Maybe QMX still has stock. I would think if not they’d have notified retailers and told them to pull pre-order pages.

Well, based ENTIRELY on the positive feedback the 2.0 Kirk and Spock figures have been getting here, I also placed an order on the set BBTS is offering which just became in-stock. I already got the 1.0 exclusive versions of these figures, but I want to show my continuing support for this line and may just decide on selling which ever version I prefer less at some point in the near future.

I hope QMx can send me a replacement Spock sculpt. I'm so bummed some of the paint on his hair transferred onto the plastic tray since whoever packed him forgot to put plastic over his head. He also has paint rub on his cheek.

Haven't heard a word from QMx support yet.

Back