QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the likelihood that a new batch of Scotty figures gets produced to fill the remaining unfilled orders?

If you go to the QMX site now Kirk is listed as coming soon. Spock is still in stock at the moment. Put in an order for the two pack at BBTS.

For gauging actors' heights I go to www.celebheights.com, as I believe it's likely to be more accurate than the first height that pops up when you Google the question, which often just seems to be the untrue height the actor has claimed to be.

Google's 1.73m (5' 8") for George originates from a joke he made on the Howard Stearn Show about once being 5' 8", then having shrunk to 5' 6" !

e.g., https://www.celebheights.com/s/George-Takei-1372.html

Other matters confuse the issue, such as William Shatner apparently using lifts in his boots which made him 5' 11" ?

Or Walter Koenig wearing 2" heeled boots, while Sulu wore a smaller Second Season heel?

Regardless, the heights I'm working to are:

Spock: 6'
McCoy: 5' 10 1/2"
Kirk: 5' 9"
Scotty: 5' 8 1/2"
Sulu: 5' 6"

Kirk's not much of a problem because I have him sitting in his chair, so I left him in the display cabinet when I took the following line up photos.

Sulu has the ankle cups removed from his legs, and the pegs removed from his boots. A little piece of soft fabric has been pushed down into his boots to add support and fill them out. I got him to just about 11" not counting his boots, which is 5' 6".

McCoy is on the skinnier Threezero Rick Grimes body, but is a little shorter than he needs to be.

Both Spock and Scotty are on their original bodies and work out pretty correctly at about 11.5" and 12" respectively.

49332472031_ab458c59b7_o.jpg

49332472091_2430d7f898_o.jpg

49332007068_3a86577011_o.jpg

Before I put Spock back in the display case I adjusted his shoulder and shirt, as the shirt was puffing out at his chest making him look too buff.

49333326067_aae1144d05_o.jpg

I just got a notice that my Kirk and Spock (V2) are shipping from Timewalker Toys! Really looking forward to seeing these figures. I have one each of the original Kirk and Spock along with McCoy, Scotty and Sulu so glad to add to the crew.

Tom

Even if another batch of Scotty and Sulu do get made, I fear they won't be up to the same standard as the previous ones without Nanjin overseeing the process...

I agree 100%

And I highly doubt they will ever get made.

I was considering reducing the size of my figure collection, but I realize, if I ever sold Sulu and Scotty and just stock with the trilogy of McCoy, Kirk and Spock, that I would regret it one day very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if another batch of Scotty and Sulu do get made, I fear they won't be up to the same standard as the previous ones without Nanjin overseeing the process...

Why would they be of a lower standard, QMX would probably ask the factory to run a further batch, its not like starting from scratch.

And I highly doubt they will ever get made

Well they got my money and everyone else who ordered them, do they need anything else to start the next batch.

Why would they be of a lower standard, QMX would probably ask the factory to run a further batch, its not like starting from scratch.

Well they got my money and everyone else who ordered them, do they need anything else to start the next batch.

Why would they break their relationship with Nanjin, who is tops of the tops in 1/6th Trek, who hires handicapped people and gives them an opportunity to explore their art.

In other words, they have done crazy things before, honestly, who knows what they will do ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you still need someone to oversee the process and make sure everything is being made to a high standard. Nanjin posted pics before of the defective heads or badly sewn outfits from the factory that had to be tossed out each time.

Without him there to do that, who knows what the quality might be like now.

Nice! The paint apps on V2 Kirk and Spock look great -- even better than V1. To me, the V1 Kirk and Spock have that Season 1 and 2 looser-fitting tunic, and these new V2s have the more form-fitted tunics of Season 3. I appreciate both versions.

More like starting from scratch by trying to copy the originals [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I don't know if you even want to say, but does QMx have the molds/clothing templates?
One simple item. They can never able to make the Communicator [emoji1787]

That screen is not done by toy maker [emoji28] the material is real gold.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I just need some outfits for redshirts! Is there a cache of boots, pants, insignias, and red shirts. ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I hope QMx fulfills the outstsnding orders for Sulu and Scotty for everyone.l. :::fingers crossed:::.

Back