QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kirk 2.0 just arrived

Review: Masterpiece

Nanjin: Thank you

I know I basically said the same thing about Spock like a week ago, but I have to stress really strongly how much this improved paint job makes it really look like William Shatner in 1968, it is incredible!

(Forget my crappy looking photos, I had to get it out in the daylight to show how clear and amazing the work is on this figure)

If you are on the fence about upgrading, get off the fence before they sell out.

d4ee90b3609213abe3f41a0d7bc4b159.jpg
9eb206716407a4efe955398f2a91c938.jpg
f942f9444ad6e66d2c4a6808d3733f0d.jpg
2c5719182d424301b2b029e2a541a453.png
5bef0e6eb7a022ab209dab0f9f102286.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like QMx got 100 more Spocks in stock to go with their 3 Kirks left.

I don't know why it's taking so long for other retailers to get their stock, but I'm not taking any chances. I cancelled my BBTS order and ordered Kirk and Spock from QMX.

I don't know why it's taking so long for other retailers to get their stock, but I'm not taking any chances. I cancelled my BBTS order and ordered Kirk and Spock from QMX.

I mean QMx is the manufacturer, it makes sense they'd have them first, kind of just like Sideshow.

I'd honestly be happy if someone produced a 1/6 helms station and some chairs....

I'm in love with the movie bridge sadly, and Nanjin teased a prototype Captain's chair and bridge rail with the TMP Admiral Kirk we also won't be getting. Sigh. I will get one made eventually. The advantage of the TMP layout for a diorama is that Spock's console is directly behind Kirk.

I don't know why anyone is risking it. I and many others got screwed over with Sulu. I wouldn't bank on other retailers getting the figures at all after that. That's why I went with QMx directly.

I flip flop on whether or not I want the QMX figures. On the one hand they look great, but to me as much as I love TOS the movie looks are more iconic. At the same time though who knows whether or not movie versions will ever happen or not. One of the main drawbacks to getting the Kirk and Spock is the fact that I missed McCoy now since I missed the initial releases of Kirk and Spock and never just picked him up. I own Picard and he’s a pretty good figure overall. I’d be content with Kirk and Spock, but I’d be tempted to get Scotty too.

I mean QMx is the manufacturer, it makes sense they'd have them first, kind of just like Sideshow.

But this is their 2nd batch of Spock's. BBTS has had none I'm aware of and they had no idea when they might arrive. Not sure about Sideshow, both Kirk and Spock are wait listed at SS now.

I have to give credit where credit is due, and QMX did deliver on the Kirk and Spock 2.0

Having said that, I am guessing they are pretty much going to be out of the figure business, and if I was any of you who do not have these, I would grab them immediately, before you see each of them up on eBay next July for $750 each.

I also believe that we will never see more Sulus or Scottys

Nanjin is gone from QMX, and even though they have the molds, etc., I just dont see it happening. That is just my opinion...

I have to give credit where credit is due, and QMX did deliver on the Kirk and Spock 2.0

Having said that, I am guessing they are pretty much going to be out of the figure business, and if I was any of you who do not have these, I would grab them immediately, before you see each of them up on eBay next July for $750 each.

I also believe that we will never see more Sulus or Scottys

Nanjin is gone from QMX, and even though they have the molds, etc., I just dont see it happening. That is just my opinion...

You’re probably right. I should just get the pair at least. I suppose I could get Scotty too even though I don’t have McCoy. I wouldn’t care as much about the rest truthfully. I regret not getting Kirk and Spock during the first run where they were in stock for quite a while and discounted pretty good (I think maybe $150 or even below possibly).

There was a run on Kirk and Spock 1.0 at one point last year with a couple of selling for several hundred dollars on eBay, which I?m sure a lot of people here will remember.

I am not the worlds biggest QMX fan, but again, they deserve credit for getting these out. To see if figures of this quality, at that price point, that requires absolutely no touchups and/or customization, it is a real deal

There was a run on Kirk and Spock 1.0 at one point last year with a couple of selling for several hundred dollars on eBay, which I?m sure a lot of people here will remember.

I am not the worlds biggest QMX fan, but again, they deserve credit for getting these out. To see if figures of this quality, at that price point, that requires absolutely no touchups and/or customization, it is a real deal

Seriously? If not because of Polaris bodies, there wouldnt be a 2nd run.

If I didnt take matters into my own hands, Sulu would be the same size as Kirk

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I hear you

Amazing work on all of your figures

The 2.0 are incredible

Those Poaris bodies are amazing. I need some for other customs.

Anyone on the fence (unless you have the 1.0s and don't want to update which I can understand) on the fence about not being the two most iconic trek characters of all time because they may not be able to find an older figure is going to seriously regret it if you ask me.

These are the best mass market non hot toys (especially for the price point) I've ever seen. and if you know me you know I'm probably the harshest critic on this board!

I think these upgrades, as nice as the improvements are (I'm very fond of the new Spock body, would love to get that to transfer my V1 onto) just go to show how good the original releases are. There is no question they stand up to a release two years later.

Happy New Year from Sri Lanka.

I have been bringing this Kirk wherever I go. He is still surviving from all the drops and abuses, holding up very well.
06dd939c8f020a8f1193a3b46e4c5372.jpg

I received Sulu from you today. He looks great, but he's pretty tall. Is this your Polaris body?

At 5' 6" I was expecting him to be closer to 11" tall (not including boot heels), but he's pretty much identical to Scotty's height at 11.5", which was fairly accurate for James Doohan.

Seems like I need to pry the ankle cups off the bottom of the legs and push the ankle pegs directly into the legs.

EDIT: I removed the ankle cups and pulled the pegs out of the boots. Now he scales in much better with the rest of the boys. :)

I received Sulu from you today. He looks great, but he's pretty tall. Is this your Polaris body?

At 5' 6" I was expecting him to be closer to 11" tall (not including boot heels), but he's pretty much identical to Scotty's height at 11.5", which was fairly accurate for James Doohan.

Seems like I need to pry the ankle cups off the bottom of the legs and push the ankle pegs directly into the legs.

EDIT: I removed the ankle cups and pulled the pegs out of the boots, and now he scales in much better with the rest of the boys. :)
Is not Polaris body. In realistic terms, sulu needs his own body. This is an generic skinny body to be honest.... as close to the proportion as possible.

Is not Polaris body. In realistic terms, sulu needs his own body. This is an generic skinny body to be honest.... as close to the proportion as possible.

Proportions do look great on him.

He felt a bit like the Ganghood 2.0 Asian Muscle Body, with the neck cut off like Picard.

Without the ankle cups and pegs he looks pretty much perfect height-wise too. Since the boots zip up tight he's fine for a standing pose on his base without needing the peg connection.

Feels so good to finally have him in the collection, going from the 'Main Two', to the 'Main Three', to the 'Main Four', and now the 'Main Five'.

I fear we'll never get to the 'Main Six' or 'Main Seven'. :(

Personally I believe that once you start something, it needs to be finished. I do this myself at home and at work.
I hope QMX has the same attitude.
-Jim G.G.

Back