QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray, thanks for the comprehensive breakdown on the new Kirk and Spock figures. It's the contribution of guys like you that keep me coming back to this forum all the time.

I've really been on the fence on whether to replace my V1.0 figures. While I would LOVE to get them just for the better fitting uniforms, IMHO the new bodies seem a little TOO slim. Perhaps I'll get lucky and find someone parting them out down the line.

Let me share some pain for 2020 new year
d236af16c655fb9730e65ff08d2d6edc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Awesome photos and I really like the tailoring on the V2s. I just don't think I can swing getting the V2s because I have the V1 Exclusives. (the new Spock HS is really quite amazing too!)

I swore there was a thread for non-sixth scale Star Trek figures but I can't find it. With Picard coming soon I wonder if there will be a chance at figures. I sort of doubt we'll get anything from QMX.

Not even sure who else holds the licensing rights to make Trek figures. I think McFarlane maybe does and I know they released a 7" TOS Kirk and TNG Picard but that's been a while back and nothing else since.

I wish I had a 1:6 bridge

I have been trying to convince a couple of model makers that I have contact with to one, or at least sections, no one is biting.

I really believe that there is at least 100 people who would buy bridge sections, at a very minimum. 5000 people bought captains chairs, there has got to be enough people to justify someone to do a run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been trying to convince a couple of model makers that I have contact with to one, or at least sections, no one is biting.

I really believe that there is at least 100 people who would buy bridge sections, at a very minimum. 5000 people bought captains chairs, there has got to be enough people to justify someone to do a run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great! Price? & Size? Would be my concern

They just need to make checkov and uhura. Assuming that they have all of nanjins prototypes and bumble their way through it themselves. Even if they are not up to quality with these I just need to complete the original crew. They have come this far.

Even though there are characters we have seen prototypes for from TNG I actually much prefer over those two.

Unfortunately all the drama with QMX and nanjin aside, we Trek fans are a dying breed. There is not a lot of us out there, what was once something that had mainstream appeal is now very niche and in a very niche market like 1/6 high end, you can?t expect to do big volume on these.

Versions 2.0 look good, particularly with the tailoring on the shirts. Not enough to upgrade my originals but happy for those getting them, in particular, those that are getting these figures for the first time.

Looks like QMx got 100 more Spocks in stock to go with their 3 Kirks left.

Back