QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the rest of the Next Gen Crew not coming anymore? Should i just go ahead and try and sell off Picard?

Those figures aren’t coming...if you’re looking for advice on whether or not to sell your Picard figure though I would have told you before you bought it that if having a sole Picard was not going to do it for you you were wasting your money back then. Most online stores still have this figure in plentiful supply so you will be taking a loss on this one unfortunately.

I bought 2 Kirk's and 2 Spocks and I just opened them up. Most have what looks like glitter but is a splatter paint app on the face, and its particularly noticeable on one of the Kirk heads and the upper face of one of the Spocks. Anyone else see what looks like glitter on their faces? I like the paint apps otherwise but the glitter-like paint is confounding.
I also had a black hair (looks like an eyebrow hair) on my other Kirk head on the forehead, looks like a slip of the brush when painting eyebrows.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
12d94036821e355f489498329bbf3dfd.jpg

bcae45722f4f0205d4b87f2659062bb9.jpg

I think the original version is better. It might just be the lighting, but the hair looks too dark to me. I'd be happy to pick him up though, if i didn't have the earlier one.

I think the original version is better. It might just be the lighting, but the hair looks too dark to me. I'd be happy to pick him up though, if i didn't have the earlier one.
Owning it, I can tell you that the hair is definitely not too dark. If anything, it's got a similar base colour and more detailed highlights throughout it. As a result, it actually appears a little lighter. The paint apps are better too. I quickly threw a comparison of an image from MCW Toys reviews web site (credit to them) and part of an image I took earlier. Yes, the lighting is different, but you can quite clearly tell that the paint is not glossy like the old one and has various highlights through the hair. Paintwork around the eyes looks better too to me.

pixlr_20200101190052616.jpg

That's the best I can do for now. Someone with both would have to do direct comparisons. That's what I'm seeing though.

Owning it, I can tell you that the hair is definitely not too dark. If anything, it's got a similar base colour and more detailed highlights throughout it. As a result, it actually appears a little lighter. The paint apps are better too. I quickly threw a comparison of an image from MCW Toys reviews web site (credit to them) and part of an image I took earlier. Yes, the lighting is different, but you can quite clearly tell that the paint is not glossy like the old one and has various highlights through the hair. Paintwork around the eyes looks better too to me.

View attachment 474507

That's the best I can do for now. Someone with both would have to do direct comparisons. That's what I'm seeing though.

That's a weird photo of the 1.0, as in hand it doesn't look glossy at all - at least not the one I have. I just held mine under an LED and I'd forgotten just how good the paintwork was, both skin and hair.

McCoy, on the other hand, does have a little glossiness. It could be down to variation in the paint across batches.

I don't know whether it's an illusion, but Kirk 2.0 looks thinner in the shoulders and arms. I prefer the bulkier look of the 1.0. If I wanted to have a second Kirk, to have one in a standing pose, the 2.0 is a good option to avoid the aftermarket prices of the 1.0, but I'd probably change the body.

Actually, Kirk's hair changed frequently in Season 2. Season 3 was particularly dark. Technically, they are Season 3 Trek

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

That's a weird photo of the 1.0, as in hand it doesn't look glossy at all - at least not the one I have. I just held mine under an LED and I'd forgotten just how good the paintwork was, both skin and hair.

McCoy, on the other hand, does have a little glossiness. It could be down to variation in the paint across batches.

I don't know whether it's an illusion, but Kirk 2.0 looks thinner in the shoulders and arms. I prefer the bulkier look of the 1.0. If I wanted to have a second Kirk, to have one in a standing pose, the 2.0 is a good option to avoid the aftermarket prices of the 1.0, but I'd probably change the body.
Original plan was to use a body specifically for Kirk because of the Green Wraparound and Mirror vest, while Spock has his own. Everything was prepared since Nov 2018. Then the plan was knock out of the park.

So, Yes, Kirk should be 1.5-2 mm wider

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Then the plan was knock out of the park.

Seems like QMx kicked everything into the long grass, and then put Ceti eels in their ears - because I see posts on Facebook saying that they're not even communicating with their retailers any more. :panic:

IMO, these have always been problematic figures to photograph. A cell phone (regardless of brand/model) will never get a great photo of these - I have yet to see one that captures what the figure looks like in person.

Maybe. None of my figures (original release) have any glossiness to their paint: Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Kahn.

I don't think anyone is ever going to capture comparisons between 1.0 and 2.0 that can replace holding them both in hand and looking at them with your own eyes.

Maybe. None of my figures (original release) have any glossiness to their paint: Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Kahn.

It's very slight on McCoy, and only really noticeable because Kirk, Spock, Scotty and Khan are very matt when looked at under the same LED.

Back