QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is a giant disappointment just like this whole QMX debacle. I hate to say but with all your posts about Trek figures it gave a lot of people false hopes that these characters were going to get produced at some point.
This includes me

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Hey gang,
I just now joined this site.
I have a question...
I managed to collect all the QMX TOS Star Trek figures from Kirk all the way to Sulu.
Doe's this mean that there will be no Chekov or Uhura???
Thanks,
-Jim G.G.

Welcome aboard man.
Congrats on getting all the TOS figures! As far as I know, there's no official statement either way as to the availability of Chekov and/or Uhura going forward, but most of us are slightly pessimistic.

I already have given up hope that i will add a Scotty to my trek collection. Therefore i am content with just Captain Picard, Captain Kirk with command chair, Spock and McCoy.

I want to make it clear to those who are a bit bummed or irritated nanjin gave them false hope, that if it were not for nanjin there would be no 1/6 Trek figures. He?s the reason why QMX was able to get them made.

Could we really even say the line was mishandled? I mean they maybe waited a bit too long to try and get the reissue of Kirk and Spock out there which would get traction on all of the other figures they overproduced probably due to the fact that there was a lot of extra people only wanting Kirk and Spock and not anyone else.

Also they had that issue with the Picard neck stains which surely ate into their profit.

But chipping away at the OS crew is admirable as is getting in a villain.

If they can?t make profit on these do we continue to believe that they would want to make them? It?s only logical to think not.

If you ask me the whole Trek franchise and all the merch is always mishandled. The biggest ball dropped look no further than the new movie series where the first was a hit and it took how long to get a sequel out there? Nobody cared. At this point Chris pine is a couple years shy of looking like late shatter anyways.

Trek has failed since the 90s to truly penetrate the zeitgeist of our culture.

I got one am thankful to QMX for taking a risk on these and if all I get from here on out will be uhura and checkov I?d consider it a massive victory even if most of my favorite trek characters are actually from TNG and id want them way more.

I want to make it clear to those who are a bit bummed or irritated nanjin gave them false hope, that if it were not for nanjin there would be no 1/6 Trek figures. He?s the reason why QMX was able to get them made.

Could we really even say the line was mishandled? I mean they maybe waited a bit too long to try and get the reissue of Kirk and Spock out there which would get traction on all of the other figures they overproduced probably due to the fact that there was a lot of extra people only wanting Kirk and Spock and not anyone else.

Also they had that issue with the Picard neck stains which surely ate into their profit.

But chipping away at the OS crew is admirable as is getting in a villain.

If they can?t make profit on these do we continue to believe that they would want to make them? It?s only logical to think not.

If you ask me the whole Trek franchise and all the merch is always mishandled. The biggest ball dropped look no further than the new movie series where the first was a hit and it took how long to get a sequel out there? Nobody cared. At this point Chris pine is a couple years shy of looking like late shatter anyways.

Trek has failed since the 90s to truly penetrate the zeitgeist of our culture.

I got one am thankful to QMX for taking a risk on these and if all I get from here on out will be uhura and checkov I?d consider it a massive victory even if most of my favorite trek characters are actually from TNG and id want them way more.
Thanks Ray.

Actually, all those teases SUPPOSED to create excitements.

Checked my post earlier this year. I provided a complete plan that can reestablish pre-order procedures, line-up flexible production (at any quantities).... many many more, and went really deep into the entire operation model...

Did I tease much of twok Spock, Kirk, Khan, etc?

They were supposed to be a Nuclear Bombs. If all my teases out there, suddenly you guys could preorder twok Spock right before 2nd Lot Sulu (2nd lot Sulu had a timed schedule of release)

Then hit TNG group with an Atomic bomb - Data or Geordi....

Followup with a Master Kill - Surprised release of TMP at sub $150 price point.

With all the above, TOS continues its venture on it's own schedule, using Uhura to spear head Mirror...

Who was ****ed by False Hopes and False Planning? Or False confirmations?

Me, and ALL those who supported me in the production sector.

I was thr only ONE who did ALL I could to keep 1/6 Trek going. I even took up customer service when someone came to me with a problem....

I would love it if Nanjin also revisited the AOS/KTL crew...
I really need an Urban McCoy to go along with Pine Kirk and Quinto Spock. Also, that would give him a chance to revisit the blue shirt, which came out slightly too dark on Spock...
I did....
120ef8fa29b96787b1092fae4e39888a.jpg

Nanjin know the answer to the profit question. My take is much more straight forward. QMx is not now and has never been a 1/6 company. They're completely out of their depth. 1/6 was less than an afterthought in their marketing, even on their own web site. If it weren't for Nanjin, they wouldn't have had even the slimmest hope of doing anything with any 1/6 line, not only Trek.

If your company can only think bobble heads, you're not meant to do 1/6. Simple as that.

Hope they don't renew the license for 1/6.

Breaks my heart we're never getting any Beyond figures.

Discovery figures would have been great, too. I would murder some tribbles for a Lorca fig.

I agree that Qmx just doesn't seem to act like a 1/6 company. They are interested in other products and markets, and 1/6 requires a lot of attention to detail that those other markets don't require. I'm happy they got some 1/6 trek out, but another manufacturer might have more interest in keeping Star Trek lines being released. Even if QMX releases another TNG, people will be gunshy after the Picard debaucle. I do think this is probably the only official TOS releases we will see, but another manufacturer would be crazy not to do TNG if they picked up the license. In short, I think collectors would have the most success with some custom runs at this point.

I doubt any other manufacturer of any importance would touch 1/6 Trek......as dismal as that may sound...

I agree that Qmx just doesn't seem to act like a 1/6 company. They are interested in other products and markets, and 1/6 requires a lot of attention to detail that those other markets don't require. I'm happy they got some 1/6 trek out, but another manufacturer might have more interest in keeping Star Trek lines being released. Even if QMX releases another TNG, people will be gunshy after the Picard debaucle. I do think this is probably the only official TOS releases we will see, but another manufacturer would be crazy not to do TNG if they picked up the license. In short, I think collectors would have the most success with some custom runs at this point.
Firefly Mal's took 2 years and couldnt be completed without me (I was no one in production in 2015).

1/6 production is not like walking into McDonald's and order a big mac.

As of today, only 2 or 3 foreign companies are surviving in 1/6, SS (phasing out production gradually), BS....

1/6 production is expensive. Foreign companies could never have the ?most reasonable? production cost comparing to the locals (HT, 3Zeros, DID, etc.)

Furthermore, without a 2 years plan of productions plan, the cost of production WILL continue to go up on a figure-to-figure basis while Quality WILL stay the same or roll backwards (which translate to deteriorate).

One needs to see the facts and have realistic plan and execution not some assumption basing on UNRELATED industry or know how. Moreover, production experiences need to be retained (personnel)

"Genius doesn't work on an*assembly line*basis. You can't simply say, 'Today I will be brilliant. '"
~ Captain James T Kitk

I originally only purchased a loose Kirk head because it looked great. Then I bought the rest of the figure when the captain's chair came out. Nanjin's communication with fellow fans and the announced Scotty and Sulu convinced me to jump on board this line and get the rest because it looked like Qmx would complete the bridge crew. Then the trouble began.

I'm super grateful that I was able to purchase one of Nanjin's Sulu stock instead of waiting on whatever happens in 2020 with a second batch.

I only wish someone would offer a custom Uhura costume, even if it doesn't include the Starfleet insignia, as I don't have any faith in Qmx producing her at this point.

I don't know who she is, but someone on FB commented on a post about QMx Trek, she wrote that they still intend to finish the line. Reading all this I know that's pretty much BS, but it seemed like QMx is still giving people hope for some reason.

If anyone at QMX reads this thread:

You cant go to shows and show prototypes like you are actually going to make them, then not. Its not fraud, but it isnt exactly honest either.

We invest in our collections under the impression that you all follow through with what you have shown, build a crew, fill a shelf, give you guys more money, we are happy to give you all more money, happy to do it.

You guys have all of Nanjin?s spectacular work / prototypes, my God, use them, the heavy lifting has already been done.

At least make Uhura, at least.

Only time will show if this is just more false promises...

Take a lesson from Big Chief Studios who have hit road blocks and have found new ways to proceed forward in a positive manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why Darklord Dave is so silent!

He should know! A clear answer would be the least they can do.

I don’t mind the wait, but I hate the uncertainty. Can’t they see they’re playing against their own team here?

I don?t mind the wait, but I hate the uncertainty.

:lecture

QMx seems to be a company that's gone adrift with respect to sixth scale. It's a half-hearted approach, as opposed to their bread and butter Q-Figs.

I mean, why will second wave Sulu be a year after the small first wave? I think there are also customers still awaiting second wave Scotty.

We need straight answers, regardless how bad the new is.

At least then we know what we're dealing with.

Back