QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should give Chekhov a smirk. Ya know, to better express the attitude of the character or whatever. :duh

If anyone has access to more pics of any of the new releases, or any updated prototype that we have seen before, please do post here [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Chekov is kinda disappointing and I've defended almost every QMX sculpt. Its not horrible but its not good and I'm not sure I'm buying him unless they make improvements.

What new Picard are they doing? I'd be down for a first contact version

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

That Chekov is kinda disappointing and I've defended almost every QMX sculpt. Its not horrible but its not good and I'm not sure I'm buying him unless they make improvements.

Don't worry. This is just the sculpt they'll photograph to go on the art box.

The actual figure will have a lovely duck face like Sulu!

:monkey3

Seriously, I'm glad they're actually working on Chekov (in spite of Nanjin's indifference to the character!)

Oh my good gravy, that's not Chekov,the sculpt is below usual standards the body is too small for the head looks like a Thunderbird puppet, and the paint application is more reminiscent of a playmates 12 inch figure. When you pay the money for these figures at least have top painters supervising things. Hecky thump this is sliding backwards hope this will improve within the 2years it will take them to release it.

Don't forget. This is just preview night. There are still a couple of days for more reveals.

2d11d740b0838756949e859b0d516194.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

His face looks more mature, like around TMP Chekov to me ...

I’ll get him, no way I’m not rounding out the original TOS Crew.

And somewhere down the line here, someone’s gonna wind up doing alternate sculpts for these, like Jinx or someone else. I mean look at how much he improved ANH Han Solo:

c2c69a6451c44e9b5236fbac7a485cb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing they didn't want anymore drama about how a dozen trek figures are shown and only 1 or 2 hit retail every year. Maybe Uhura needs another pass before unveiling and only her and Chekov will be the new figures this year?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Agree totally. The sculpt is weak, and looking at the artist looks like a relatively newish 3d artist and sorry to say not as good as some, And u know this criticism will.get the usual response, well why don't you try then, but I dont purport to be an artist as do these guys.Nanjin is loyal to friends but business is business for the money you pay for these figures you need quality artist, unlike this line, I don't see hot toys artist and sculptors going backwards, to.compete you have to attract and pay for the best, I for one would pay more for a great sculpt and paint app rather than accept mediocrity just to complete or support a line through loyalty alone. Give us great products and get and maintain a great following just because something was good in the past we shouldnt accept poor products going forward. I loved Kirk the best sculpt of Kirk I had ever seen, and khan and McCoy blew me away, but Sulu, and now chekov are giant steps back.

Back