QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a stupid mistake- I'm down on the whole Trek QMX thing again....40 great prototypes and we get...a crap Chekov

Yeah, a very dull year for ST at QMx. It will be good to complete the TOS main cast. I have no illusions of ever getting a Data to accompany Picard anymore. I suspect QMx corporate will focus on the new Trek stuff. Older fans need not apply.

Chekhov does not look good. I'd consider picking him up if it looked really good, but if the figure looks like that, then it's a definite PASS.

Nanjin has made so many great prototypes ...

Nanjin's assembling an impressive personal collection!

Once in a blue moon QMx decides to risk putting one into production.

What happened to Uhura? I thought she was well on the way to going up for preorder. Yet Chekov gets a spot at SDCC instead, and he was the character that looked doubtful to be made due to diminshed interest at source.

Maybe Chekov was put up to reassure people who had doubt about it being made.

It’s weird how things are. Some people defended Sulu saying it looked fine. As for me, I totally see Chekov here. Maybe he looks a bit older, but I think it is a solid likeness.

I read Nanjin wasnt involved with this Chekov. And it shows unfortunately. But something is better than nothing, and I'm glad they are still working on the line.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

According to a post today on Facebook QMx are saying that Uhura is in "planning stage".

I thought she was getting near to preorder stage as I'm sure I saw Nanjin post photos of parts for the figure a while back.

Show and Tell at the Enterprise:

"...and then they landed on the moon."

Moon landing.jpg

Yeah I thought we'd get Uhura this year and Chekov and Chapel next year. Maybe once Nanjin's new bodies were ready it just made Chekov really easy to move forward. I don't mind so much as long as they keep coming but it would have been nice to get another woman to go with my Rand.

LaForge looks good to me, I'd happily buy that, but Data looks like he has had a stroke down one side of his face or something. Maybe it's a trick of the lighting, but it just looks really strange to me.

Thanks for the pics.

Ahhh, I thought they looked good but now I cant unseen that. I think it's because the two eyes aren't symmetrical.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The likenesses of Data and Geordi look good, they just need to decide if Data's eyes should look straight ahead or downward, but not both at the same time.

Yeah Data looks a bit drunk there. :lol

Looking at those TNG uniforms it really looks like they need to add some extra padding underneath, to help flatten out the front more. Because right now they just look way too rumpled.

HznkrhT.jpg

gwDOJAK.jpg

QGDYLYl.jpg

zXiElSQ.jpg

ftHxsVd.jpg

AePoTab.jpg

Their Star Trek display seemed like an afterthought. On a shelf near the cash registers, not in the middle of their booth where all the other new(ish) stuff was displayed. Was pretty odd and like half of what they had last year. I really can see how there's some disconnect between Nanjin and QMx.

On another note, QMX must really do well with their Q-Figs, like Mezco and NECA have ok booths but QMx has a NICE booth, great lighting, has a second floor for staff, so 'inside' feels more inside of a room, and they had a ton of Q-Figs for sale. They come off as a much bigger company, but I really only know their 1/6 stuff and that lately hasn't really been much to talk about. I don't know anything else they do besides Q-Figs, so I'm assuming that's it?

Back