QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What information are you basing this statement on? If it's true, I will be very disappointed and fear that the line could stop before getting the full bridge crew.

It would be a bit of a bombshell if they didn't follow through with the secondruns with s so many pre-orders still outstanding for Scotty and Sulu for sure. They gave away Europe's entire allocation of Sulu to the USA accidentally. We're not the ones involved in the trade war. Cheers guys!

I'm hopeful it's just another wobble but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Sure, 'accidentally'. I guess they 'accidentally' gave away Australia's consignments of both Scotty and Sulu, too. So many 'accidents' these days. It could happen to anyone... :p

Seems legit. :rotfl

What information are you basing this statement on? If it's true, I will be very disappointed and fear that the line could stop before getting the full bridge crew.
It's on Nanjins facebook replies, which is somewhat cryptic at times, first saying would be further problems with scotty
And Sulu then intimating end of Star trekline, then later saying it would continue in a later reply to another replied thread it's in the replies to hi picture of Kirk arriving at HQ and bring beamed down. Rather confusing and disjointed after I originally posted so will need to see. Mate of mine in England says he still thinks Planet action figures are getting them because they have linked with Qmx and maintained their order, so very uncertain times ahead, but no Qmx answer on any forums to quell any misinformation or confirm production as usual so they aren't helping.

Ahoy!
So I moved Bones onto the HT Tarkin body (modified to fit the thickness of the neck). I'm pretty happy with it. The head is just sitting there with the help of a little blue tack until I fashion a ball joint to fit.
Cheers
Doc.jpg

Ahoy!
So I moved Bones onto the HT Tarkin body (modified to fit the thickness of the neck). I'm pretty happy with it. The head is just sitting there with the help of a little blue tack until I fashion a ball joint to fit.
Cheers
View attachment 465831

Great improvement! I lack the confidence and skill to do modifications. I'm hoping Nanjin's modular bodies will do the trick.

My McCoy would have a toast to celebrate, but he'd be drinking alone while I wait for my pre-orders of Scotty, Sulu, Kirk and Spock to arrive.

Maybe by Star Trek's 54th birthday... if I'm lucky.

QMX suck! Cancelled my Sulu pre-order (as I don't think I'll ever actually see it) and I'm done with this line and this company now.

QMX suck! Cancelled my Sulu pre-order (as I don't think I'll ever actually see it) and I'm done with this line and this company now.

I have the same fear unfortunately. I'd like to believe that I will receive what I've paid for . I'd have loved to have completed the bridge crew.

Classic! Perfect!
Thank you!

My McCoy would just be swigging straight from a Saurian Brandy bottle to dull the pain of the loneliness. :D
I'm sorry he feels lonely :( I'm sure he'll have company soon.
Right, thanks for reminding me. I was hoping Scotty would come with such a bottle but he didn't. So I'll have to do one myself.

I have one more, I did this for the 50th anniversary:

Facebook.jpg

Sulu arrived today and he is MILES better than the McCoy I have. His body looks in proportion and not so muscular and the tunic is tailored so much better. I was so concerned about the duck lips, but in hand he looks fantastic. The joints were a bit tight, so much so that I was afraid I'd break his arm when trying to bend it, but better too tight than too loose. My only other complaint is the boots have pinched leather at the ankle joint, a look that will be impossible to fix, but I'm not sure how they could have prevented it without double stitching the leather which might have limited ankle mobility. Anyway, glad to have him here. He looks really great in person.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sulu arrived today and he is MILES better than the McCoy I have. His body looks in proportion and not so muscular and the tunic is tailored so much better. I was so concerned about the duck lips, but in hand he looks fantastic. The joints were a bit tight, so much so that I was afraid I'd break his arm when trying to bend it, but better too tight than too loose. My only other complaint is the boots have pinched leather at the ankle joint, a look that will be impossible to fix, but I'm not sure how they could have prevented it without double stitching the leather which might have limited ankle mobility. Anyway, glad to have him here. He looks really great in person.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thank you.

The angle is the last improvement that I mentioned. I already had this thought out perfectly 1 years ago. I might include this with the body.

For the time being, a primitive remedy can be used with fair amount of improvement.

Remove the boot by pulling it straight out. Roll up a tiny piece of tissue paper and wrap around the ball joint and adjust the thickness accordingly. Reinsert the boot.

Why I am the only one knowing all these? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Took me 2 months to have this done. I tried 6 shops and non could do them to my standard. Why? My quantities were too small.

I had to fly back to Hong Kong, dropped off my luggage, worn a mask (tear gas around my area), went through police barricades and protestors, had dinner with the dude, drink like a fish, walked home at 1 am when all transportation were stopped because of the HK protest .... then I have this sample in 4 days.
55cdeba69f4dc0256d5e8dfbad5b8c0c.jpg

Guess how much these figures cost?

USD 8 each at retail. Can you see these technical skills can be used in 1/6 such as the TOS Formal Uniform?

The reason? Government support. That's why I built a Trek facility using ?Sulu? with handicaps and kick started this operation model.

When Kirk and Spock reach the end users hands, then people would know why I am disappointed with Trek, and kept saying...

I failed.

c2c71d3c9981cc553f7e74bc91530c49.jpg

Last edited:
Back