QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to be gross, I do think about you guys a lot.

I am thinking to follow what HT did years ago by including something extra with the body.

I am thinking to include a civilian technician jumpsuit, black T, a generic head, and an item, in which I believe to be the last possible upgrade for 1/6 trek. I have been eyeing on this improvement for the last 3 years. I can make this upgrade now because i have the production support to hold the cost at bay.

What do you think?

(No Trek specific because of licensing issue. I am sure someone will want to give me lots of trouble [emoji1] if there are opportunities)
392f391404e640e7b0e16415d8779878.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

You can count me in!:)

Not trying to be gross, I do think about you guys a lot.

I am thinking to follow what HT did years ago by including something extra with the body.

I am thinking to include a civilian technician jumpsuit, black T, a generic head, and an item, in which I believe to be the last possible upgrade for 1/6 trek. I have been eyeing on this improvement for the last 3 years. I can make this upgrade now because i have the production support to hold the cost at bay.

What do you think?

(No Trek specific because of licensing issue. I am sure someone will want to give me lots of trouble [emoji1] if there are opportunities)
392f391404e640e7b0e16415d8779878.jpg

"Brain and brain! What is brain?"

Great idea!
A stand, even a generic one is always welcome.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I dont know about a stand. It requires new molds. But I do have a design which I think better than the waist and crotch supports it clamps.

To keep the price low, I can only do either or.

I am not into making bodies. I invest in this body because I knew I would be running into generic bodies issue this year (i stressed this since 2016). Trek CAN NOT continue without a body.... so I put my neck out to make sure Trek can continue and put myself in a grey area that I can never clear my intention (there is a conflict of interest here)

I dont think I can ever recoup the investment at this stage and I didn't expect I would have any support.

I am hoping just to recoup a portion of the investment.

I dont know about a stand. It requires new molds. But I do have a design which I think better than the waist and crotch supports it clamps.

To keep the price low, I can only do either or.

I am not into making bodies. I invest in this body because I knew I would be running into generic bodies issue this year (i stressed this since 2016). Trek CAN NOT continue without a body.... so I put my neck out to make sure Trek can continue and put myself in a grey area that I can never clear my intention (there is a conflict of interest here)

I dont think I can ever recoup the investment at this stage and I didn't expect I would have any support.

I am hoping just to recoup a portion of the investment.

You can count me in!

Honestly if you can make quality bodies that are easily accessible, Trek or Not, it's something very welcome. The cheap KO ones are simply not good enough, and the only other folks out making good bodies are Worldbox. You could strike gold there, Nanjin, should you be able to bring bodies out that are not only good for Trek upgrades, but universally are loved.

I'm a bit late to the party and not quite up to date on all the details, so if someone could clarify this it'd be appreciated. Are the upcoming Kirk and Spock figures getting new bodies or are they the same bodies from the previously released figures with the ability to purchase new upgraded bodies down the road?

1/6 trek supposed to he the easiest, and stress free product line and production (even simpler than military figures)....and it had became the most troubled production in 1/6...

Re-release Kirk and Spock used the same heads as the 2016 release.

Beside the plastics parts that require molds, such as head sculpts, phasers, and tri-orders, everything else will be done with the most current up-to-date production technical know-how.

Kirk and Spock use a newly developed body that was designed and manufactured by Polaris (I own this company), and sell the bodies to QMx to produce the current 1/6 Kirk and Spock production. (I extremely hate to stand in grey area. But I had no choice if I wanted Trek to continue).

This body will be available to the open market when QMx starts distributing the re release Kirk and Spock.

I am planning to add a green TOS technician jumpsuit, a black T, a generic head, and one last possible 1/6 Trek improvement to this body when I put this out. I believe this green jumpsuit will add some fun to 1/6 TOS (get yourself some 3D files, and Voil? - Spock without Brain)

Switched the head sculpt and you can have that cocky Omicron Ceti III Spock as seen in This Side.of the Paradise.

fad5247f6e791e13d315b07298908307.jpg

These are the pre-production Kirk and Spock samples, except Spock Ver 3.0.

Spock Ver 3.0 started in 2018 and refined constantly till now. But he was doomed and he is my personal collection now. The best Spock ever in Sector One.
f8f2373b0045b2579b5d2e331d3ab7b2.jpg

These are the pre-production Kirk and Spock samples, except Spock Ver 3.0.

Spock Ver 3.0 started in 2018 and refined constantly till now. But he was doomed and he is my personal collection now. The best Spock ever in Sector One.
f8f2373b0045b2579b5d2e331d3ab7b2.jpg

Looking good! Too bad we?ll never get the new hs... :(

Hey! Did you kill everyone in the diner? :)

Re-release Kirk and Spock used the same heads as the 2016 release.

Beside the plastics parts that require molds, such as head sculpts, phasers, and tri-orders, everything else will be done with the most current up-to-date production technical know-how.

Kirk and Spock use a newly developed body that was designed and manufactured by Polaris (I own this company), and sell the bodies to QMx to produce the current 1/6 Kirk and Spock production. (I extremely hate to stand in grey area. But I had no choice if I wanted Trek to continue).

This body will be available to the open market when QMx starts distributing the re release Kirk and Spock.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, nanjin (and for all the work you've put into 1/6 Star Trek). I've preordered Kirk and Spock from my local comic shop and can't wait to display them with the captain's chair (it looks a bit odd currently having Picard standing next to an empty seat).

So I must assume no TWOK Kirk or Spock will be available in the near future, looking at the situation of the original series release?

Honestly if you can make quality bodies that are easily accessible, Trek or Not, it's something very welcome. The cheap KO ones are simply not good enough, and the only other folks out making good bodies are Worldbox. You could strike gold there, Nanjin, should you be able to bring bodies out that are not only good for Trek upgrades, but universally are loved.
Beijing Worldbox is the only company that design their bodies from the ground up. Met Mr Max Wang (owner) in Shanghai before. My new body was more or less used the body design concepts that he taught me.

The jumpsuit is a great idea Nanjin Tam! Personally, I might have chosen red as the color (so we can have security and engineers), but the civilian green is a good choice, and could allow for more more diverse display options. I look forward to seeing these!

Back