QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited for 2 weeks, and seems like the office had no intention to show these re release figures [emoji23]

I think is true that Trek has this abandonment curse all these years.

Some refinements from the 2016 release.
c2501fe9f8c14a9b99ee877b93277ee1.jpg
01e4aa699baa1e79e78f5ade0e764bdd.jpg
5b14c1e514743748780d825117d479b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I waited for 2 weeks, and seems like the office had no intention to show these re release figures [emoji23]

I think is true that Trek has this abandonment curse all these years.

Some refinements from the 2016 release.
c2501fe9f8c14a9b99ee877b93277ee1.jpg
01e4aa699baa1e79e78f5ade0e764bdd.jpg
5b14c1e514743748780d825117d479b0.jpg

Beautiful work

He looks great! Can't wait to get mine.
All in all, kirk and Spock re-release is a better release comparing to any prior releases. I assume this is understandable.

I went to China in 2016 empty handed with no support from the office or anyone else (ask anyone what did I improve with these new releases, I think no one can answer).

Almost all prototypes started out with my own fund. After 3 years, if I still produce the same figure with the same quality as before then I must have been eating **** in China and did not improve my 1/6 production knowledge at all.

Anyway, no need to upgrade. Only those who missed the 2016 release should buy them.

I think doing re-releases every so often is a good idea. I can even see some logic I splitting production of Scotty and Sulu to pick up some of those new collectors. I'm going to have to wait until December for Sulu. I don't mind the delay in itself but given how flaky QMX can seem, it makes me nervous. It would be galling to learn that US sellers without pre-orders got all the stock in preference to European sellers with pre-orders. We're not even the ones engaged in the trade war, throw us a bone! ;-p

Not trying to be gross, I do think about you guys a lot.

I am thinking to follow what HT did years ago by including something extra with the body.

I am thinking to include a civilian technician jumpsuit, black T, a generic head, and an item, in which I believe to be the last possible upgrade for 1/6 trek. I have been eyeing on this improvement for the last 3 years. I can make this upgrade now because i have the production support to hold the cost at bay.

What do you think?

(No Trek specific because of licensing issue. I am sure someone will want to give me lots of trouble [emoji1] if there are opportunities)
392f391404e640e7b0e16415d8779878.jpg

The jumpsuit is a great idea, or what about just a red security uniform. No rank.

Looking forward to seeing the newer body. I'm definately in for upgrades. I fear my Trek figure TOS collection has ended at Scotty. Sulu seems to be getting further and further away . Shame really as I would have loved the full bridge crew on display.

I still need TMP uniforms, so jumpsuits are fine :). I would say random uniforms with no deltas would still be useful. Fans can source things like badges and belts themselves. Red skant uniforms might be quite popular. My Rand needs one, and if a QMX Uhura is looking doubtful, maybe my Barbie Uhura needs a repaint!

Finally got round to finishing my helm seats. I opted to use a "wet" look black fabric, rather than leather or synthetic. As the material had some stretch to it, it was very easy to recover the cushions and hopefully avoid any flaking or cracking problems later.

helm25.jpg

I superglued a large magnet to the underside of the base, so i can access the screw to adjust the swivel tension if necessary. You can see the stitching i used to pull the fabric over.

helm26.jpg

Chair looks great! I'm curious how you did it? Did you 3D print it? I'm trying to make a helm too ( don't it'll come out quite as nice as yours ) and I need to get two of my own....

Looks like QMX are either stopping a second run for Sulu and scotty, especially for Europe end, or delaying it further. This is just unacceptable now QMX, you are alienateing a loyal customer base, and I can't see a way back for them in the 1:6 world. Keep churning out your Qpops that's all you seem to be bothered with, quite apt,
cartoon characters from a cartoon company.

What information are you basing this statement on? If it's true, I will be very disappointed and fear that the line could stop before getting the full bridge crew.

Back